Cancelling round one?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
Could this be possible?
As I watch the rain bucketing down -- as it has for the past two weeks, causing such devastating floods -- I think the sensible decision would be to call off all matches in round one. They have done it for junior football. I realise there are TV commitments etc, but this weather is extraordinary. Would it be any different to cancelling a round due to Covid?

I been counting down for the footy season to start - bring it on....have played in heavy weather before and rain happens every season

Last night the weather report said Thursday will be clear but that could change quickly.

Who knows how good the drainage is at Panfers Park.

This is the Roseville Bridge earlier today ......... o_O

Attachments

• rb.jpg
    rb.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
Maybe they could wear the clubs raincoats and if it gets too bad have a go at water polo and I am backing Saab to score first - His legs will touch the bottom for sure.

If we win the toss we should run with the tide in the first half!

Just sayin’
I can see which way the current is flowing on this one.

I understand they are coming up with new rules to allow players to use jet skis if Penrith is flooded.

In all seriousness, I think TW is onto something.

Back in June 1979 Round 14 was postponed (or largely postponed) due to inclement weather. Manly (by then out of finals contention) thus played against a resurgent Souths at Redfern in mid-August, losing 30-12. Whereas Manly probably would have won back in June (when in contention and in form) that year.

For awhile after that, they started factoring spare weekends into the draw, for any repeat performance of inclement weather.

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8