Canaries end top three chances

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

susan

Bencher
It is basically given you need to run top four to win comp in the modern era . This year it’s top 3 .

All fourth gets you is a date with Melbourne in Melbourne and a canary assault once again which puts you in a knockout game coming off a loss.Probably better coming off a win from fifth.

That was an incredibly important game yesterday as our top three chances and probably our punchers chance at a title are shot due to the incompetence of these clowns.

I have always been wary of blaming referees but it seems they just continue to get worse and the results inevitably favour the chosen ones in a tight battle.
The game is becoming harder and harder to watch.Only thing keeping me interested is the great play by our boys this year.

To be honest I enjoy watching my local team Burleigh Bears more than non Manly NRL matches. One referee and they actually play rugby league as it’s meant to be played.

Last edited:
2018 Finals
nrl2018_finals-bracket_week-1_1650x1080.jpg

Actually 5th spot is the ideal one this year.

Then there is still a chance of avoiding the Scumos :)

Top 4 or top 5 isn't an issue with me. I'm worried we'll make the top 8 at all.

Yesterday might end up being very crucial to our top 8 chances given we have to play Melbourne twice and slimey eels twice. I can't see us winning at parra stadium or melbourne and then we have to go to Canberra also.

If we lose to Melbourne at Brookie, it may come down to whether we can beat the warriors in New Zealand.

We need 4 victories for the rest of the year....i think we'll get the Tigers, Newcastle and slimes at home which means the Melbourne game at home and Warriors away could be crucial for our top 8 chances.

I'd expect another game or two to be refereed the same as yesterday to try to knock us out of the 8.

Expect more frustrating and bodgy calls in the run to the finals. @:mad:

Top 4 or top 5 isn't an issue with me. I'm worried we'll make the top 8 at all.

Yesterday might end up being very crucial to our top 8 chances given we have to play Melbourne twice and slimey eels twice. I can't see us winning at parra stadium or melbourne and then we have to go to Canberra also.

If we lose to Melbourne at Brookie, it may come down to whether we can beat the warriors in New Zealand.

We need 4 victories for the rest of the year....i think we'll get the Tigers, Newcastle and slimes at home which means the Melbourne game at home and Warriors away could be crucial for our top 8 chances.

I'd expect another game or two to be refereed the same as yesterday to try to knock us out of the 8.

Expect more frustrating and bodgy calls in the run to the finals. @:mad:
I agree with you pair that with
Parra knights and Penrith have all very easy draws compared to us
You can see it a mile off
Who does the nrl want in finals and which teams will be able to play out of bankwest stadium for finals you guest it , Parra/ Penrith.
We probably have on of the toughest draws left.

Last edited:
Saifiti penalised and sin bin in the Knights v Dogs game for the exact same dog shot that the Vermin put on DCE. Consistency is over rated. More like incompetent buffoons are tolerated.

To be honest I enjoy watching my local team Burleigh Bears more than non Manly NRL matches. One referee and they actually play rugby league as it’s meant to be played.

Same here.
I watch Erina Eagles every week on the coast.
Warm pies, cheap beer, players deciding the match result, no supersonic touch footy ruck speed.

Its footy like it used to be.

Saifiti penalised and sin bin in the Knights v Dogs game for the exact same dog shot that the Vermin put on DCE. Consistency is over rated. More like incompetent buffoons are tolerated.

Gavet
Tariq Sims on Morgan
Knight on DCE
TPJ on Cronk
Tetavano on Brooks
Aloiai on Cronk
Hess on I forgot but it was bad fk I hate that guy
JWH on Ponga

Plenty more but that's all I can recall this year. Was there a consistent outcome for essentially the same act? Lolol it's the NRL we are talking about...

Just as bad is the media’s apparent ignorance of this.. well, one way ignorance anyhow.

Plenty of talk about Suli’s juggle, nothing on the decisions that cost us the game at the end.

Just as bad is the media’s apparent ignorance of this.. well, one way ignorance anyhow.

Plenty of talk about Suli’s juggle, nothing on the decisions that cost us the game at the end.
Sunday footy show did not show either the late dce hit or the cust no try or even mention the 8-2 penalty count. Very typical of them.
The one good thing out of yesterday is the boys will be hurting and want to make up for it next Sunday against Parra.

The Fox commentators (I think it was racing prawn Gasnier) at the time talked about DCE going after Knight for a "little nudge". Seemed to be inferring that Cherry should have been penalised for taking the law into his own hands. Little nudge my ass.

It is basically given you need to run top four to win comp in the modern era . This year it’s top 3 .

All fourth gets you is a date with Melbourne in Melbourne and a canary assault once again which puts you in a knockout game coming off a loss.Probably better coming off a win from fifth.

That was an incredibly important game yesterday as our top three chances and probably our punchers chance at a title are shot due to the incompetence of these clowns.

I have always been wary of blaming referees but it seems they just continue to get worse and the results inevitably favour the chosen ones in a tight battle.
The game is becoming harder and harder to watch.Only thing keeping me interested is the great play by our boys this year.

Hey ... I ran down to Burleigh and back last weekend with all my mates!!!

With our team we shouldn’t be scared to play anyone, anywhere. If week one is us vs the storm in melbourne, week one will be us vs the storm in melbourne. We can beat anyone, and showed by keeping up with the Bunnies (coming back and scoring more tries) that we are a top 4 quality side. Storm are overrated, though still are good atm, but for Manly vs Storm games we’ve got to look forward to, not fear.

We aren't a top 4 team until we can play for 80 minutes and cut out the errors. I am concerned that they might be thinking that they are a top 4 team prematurely. We can still miss the eight if we keep throwing games away.

Mark my words, the NRL will do everything in it's power to avoid a Semi-Final at Brookie and foster every chance of Parra and Tigers of getting a home semi. The penalty count in Origin is a perfect example of the WWE style NRL where they can engineer a result through subjective penalties. There will be a few more games where we get dudded and go down swinging like we did on Sat.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4