Can our forwards back up during the semis??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Thank god that it is not a team like the Raiders we support! Can you imagine the dribble then?

Intelligent debate is good but the rest of the above sh@t, FMD

Every one needs to get a effing grip, we are not immune to salary cap problems are it is starting to bite. Are situation is very very similar to newcastle from 97 through to mid 00's
A rolls Royce back line of johns boys, tahu, Matt gildey, Albert with a forward pack of toilers who could hold pack but never dominate there to make room for dynamic backs.
This current manly team the same snake, matai,Lyon, hiku, jorge, foz and dce if there was no cap we would still have trex, kitey, not have to let gifty go. This is th reality blue chip forwards cost money we simply don't have cash for choc will be are really rep forward left once gifty goes this year.
The best way to solve situation I can see to develop within bring another choc, gifty sign a young unproven like this year hit or miss Lui good, starling average, São yet to play much other option uk has some quite good forwards but at cost.

Fluffy said:
your job?

who the f... pays you?

Exactly.

For anyone that was in doubt, that confirms the delusions of grandeur many suspected.

Unless TC suddenly proves he's Joey, Penna or Georgalis, people here should permanently remember that statement.

Wow. Game over for me.

RiverEagle said:
Fluffy said:
your job?

who the f... pays you?

Exactly.

For anyone that was in doubt, that confirms the delusions of grandeur many suspected.

Unless TC suddenly proves he's Joey, Penna or Georgalis, people here should permanently remember that statement.

Wow. Game over for me.

Grow up River the "my job" comment was not meant to be taken literally.

River and Alan are you both the Manly fans M. Johns based his skit off if so it would explain everything?

Better yet I will ask my Brother no need to bother.......

Alan said:
I know I am a complete dope, but for some strange reason I am more confident in our forwards this morning than I have been all year.

Yes you didn't have to be Erastodenes to predict their massive pack would dominate our more svelte and mobile pack. But two things stuck out for me. Our little fellas came back at them and at about the 60min mark I thought if not getting on top certainly matching them. Also I thought Starling was hurt more than he made out and when he did come back had a real dig. I think this bunch of blokes are developing real character. Add in Gift and choc and I believe they will get the job done.

As HM stated briefly our biggest problem was field position as result of their dominant pack and a woeful general kicking game, I don't think their kick receiver had to move more than a metre all night.

Without field position our backs are to a degree neutralised.

Agree with you Alan, well said.

I'm not worried at all about the forwards. They did a good job last night but it was a tough game. With Watmough and Cherry playing we win this and I think overall the team lack the punch of the previous week. It happens.

The Bulldogs also had an excellent game plan. They spoiled all night.

Full confidence in the squad exactly as is.

No your self-appointed, self-important view of yourself is all too clear @Technical Coach

To set yourself above the ''average fan'' (and even allude to having any influence over them AND the team) is pure folly and fantasy.

And embarrassing.

But I should grow up?

LOL.

When I have stated in no uncertain terms in the past I am just a regular Joe people would think I'm just hiding and the real me was so and so.

So instead of fighting it I decided i will just not confirm or deny and play along, either way it makes no difference and people need a little false hope in their lives including my poor miserable self.

In saying that I am someone.............

This is crazy....
Anyone who thinks Manly with Choc and Stewart ruling the ruck intensity and dominating enough of the ruck to allow the outside backs to bring home another premiership, has been away for 7 years.

Maxta what you mentioned has already been stated several times everyone agrees with this point, but let's not forget they are back rowers not front rowers.

With the young age and size of our pack any slight intensity drop will see us struggle more so than previous years.

Compare the Hit up power we had a couple of seasons ago with what we have now. We have been unable to replace Richie F, Smokin Joe, Georgy Rose, Brent Kite. We do need to either promote a younger Front rower, or acquire a new one.

EagleFromMay1967 said:
Compare the Hit up power we had a couple of seasons ago with what we have now. We have been unable to replace Richie F, Smokin Joe, Georgy Rose, Brent Kite. We do need to either promote a younger Front rower, or acquire a new one.

I agree. Joe was a BIG loss. So was Richie.
Joe almost played in the last year's GF.
What a shame we can't have as a backup for this year.

We really need one big hammer that would complement the rest.
What happen to that beast of a Kiwi we signed earlier in the year?

Jake Trbojevic would be great but I think he's injured.
I was so looking forward to seeing him in first this year.
So far, the outstanding 2014 forward signing has to be Dunamis.
JSL from last year is looking good too.

Whats your point TC ??
Tallis...old school, Gallen ,SBW, ect are backrowers that dominate and intimidate from the back row....
You dont need to be a front rower to get a pass to own the opposition pack...
If your point is the Dogs front row overpowered Manly on the night say so...dont pretend at full strength the Manly pack will not aim up to any opposition or you will have more egg on your face....get a grip

Here is a point - none of the big packs of Souths, Bulldogs or the roosters can back up either.

To use some facts for once, every team of the big 3 packs above lost the following week after playing us.

Now since these 4 teams are most likely to win in week 1 they will all be out in week 2 because no team can back up which is impossible.

Our forward pack is doing just fine. I would have like to see foran put ferris in a few more holes

Did anyone else catch a glimpse of an extra reserve in a playing strip in our change room before kick off?

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6