Can Manly win the 2024 Premiership after beating the 3 time Premiers Penrith at Brookie today?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yes they were missing Cleary but they have shown over the years to be a pretty good side even without him, that was a huge win that I don’t think other teams would be able to pull off

To win the premiership you pretty much have to make the top 4 and to do that you need to show some consistency (or get gifted a soft draw like Cronulla/Warriors in recent years). We’ve had quite a tough start to the year and are a Commbank refereeing masterclass away from being 4-1, but the Dragons loss last week really sticks out. No team with premiership aspirations is having performances like that

I think there is more gears in this team, if they have learned the lesson of not showing up with energy they will beat the Warriors.

It’s a very good pack that can get stronger with Lodge and a fit Schuster.
I agree we can improve, especially with a full strength side, theres a few tough decisions to be made re a couple of positions, I don’t imagine Seibs will change next weeks side given Gaz is out, that may answer one question, if Wads plays well that may answer another, big game next week.

Steady on Turbo. Last week we played like wooden spooners and this week we played well. Far too big a gap between our best and worst to be a top 4 chance let alone any further success.

I think we are a finals side this year, but Grand Final is another matter, however, if we are running hot at the right time, you never know. Like some others I have doubts over a couple of players, but I think we will get better yet. Last week was garbage, but everyone has the odd game like that but other than that, so far this year we have been very good.

You've really gone out on a limb there with such a detailed prefoction.
That in itself is the point, I think this season is closer then ever and I think 13-14 teams could make the 8.

We have to answer the question of can we back this up week after week first. No good playing like that then playing like rubbish next week. Get rid of all those rocks performances first before we can think about finals , top 4 or GFs. Long way to go for this squad to get to that level.

I don't want to be negative but No, Penrith were way off their game, they are a cut above at full strength.

We need better wingers. Saab is fine but geez I have little faith in Paulo and Talau. Both are not strong runners of the football on return kicks and suspect under the high ball.
What type of Wingers would you suggest?
Stephen Knight, Jorge' Taufua, Max Brown, Tom Mooney, Dale 'Rowdy' Shearer, David Ronson,
Michael O'Connor, Darrell Williams, Craig Hancock, Danny Moore, Jack Elsegood, John Hopoate,
Brian Allsop, Len Wadling, Nick Yakich, Ray Branighan, Simon Booth.........

Go Manly!!!!!

I don't want to be negative but No, Penrith were way off their game, they are a cut above at full strength.
They are, however they were beaten off their game yesterday. I‘m going with credit where credit is due. They played poor mainly because we dominated them, more so than them just being way off their game, their not used to getting out played up front, through the middle or pretty much at any aspect of their game.

We completed @ 80%, first time this year, improved our discipline winning the penalty count 3-8, yes the errors continued, 12 of them and we pretty much forced them into making most of their 13, we managed 3 forced restarts, our kicking game was superior (I’ll give you no Cleary there) however overall we were the better side on the day, inspired by our forwards.

I also think another important aspect that hasn’t really been mentioned, is how we controlled the tempo, particularly in the first half, Chez slowed the play at every stoppage, the early shot for goal was a good call, gave us a spell, 2 points and the ball back, seemingly small detail, but it mattered, we don’t play with their tempo, the game may have ended differently if we didn’t take advantage through those early stoppages.

I’d also like to think we have plenty of upside, not sure the riff has a lot of upside left, anyway the challenge now is for us to do it week to week and keep improving, We get another shot at them later in the season so I guess we’ll see how we go then, but for now ill be happy to see us take it to the Wah’s next week.

What type of Wingers would you suggest?
Stephen Knight, Jorge' Taufua, Max Brown, Tom Mooney, Dale 'Rowdy' Shearer, David Ronson,
Michael O'Connor, Darrell Williams, Craig Hancock, Danny Moore, Jack Elsegood, John Hopoate,
Brian Allsop, Len Wadling, Nick Yakich, Ray Branighan, Simon Booth.........

Go Manly!!!!!
Mooney on one wing and Shearer on the other.
Michael 'the bigger swinger' Robertson and David 'Wolfman' Williams also say 'hello'.

We need better wingers. Saab is fine but geez I have little faith in Paulo and Talau. Both are not strong runners of the football on return kicks and suspect under the high ball.
After yesterday I'd be inclined to move Burbo to centre and shift Garrick back to the wing, we've got a plethora of forwards so losing Burbo from the pack would make no difference as was shown yesterday
Yeah agree. But he is relatively young and developing, so I’d expect these ebbs and flows at this early stage. This is really the first time we are seeing him having a good run with his health and fitness, allowing him to put together some ongoing first grade games. His heart and attitude is right (say compared to what we are seeing with Schu ATM)… that makes for resilient and champion teams. He needs time and belief to continue growing
Imo yesterday was Burbos best since coming into top grade

Listen not to get too ahead of ourselves, but Penrith will always be the benchmark team until their crown gets knocked off. What we did to do them is something not many sides have been able to do during these dynasty years. Parra have managed to do it a few times in regular season matches but that's all I can really think of. We just bullied them through the middle and rattled their whole system that normally would get them home. It's a win to be very proud of but it's a long season and we need to build on this. Because if this is what we are capable of, we are the real deal for sure.
Yesterday was a perfect example of controlling the middle, do that and there isn't a team you can't beat

Our forwards smashed them that’s why we won.Fix the defence up & there’s no reason we can’t win it.We’ve proven we can score tries.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8