Can Harper fight back ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Morgan Harper had a Shocker vs Storm pure and simple....and I like the bloke and what he offers....in fact did not kick him when down but like everyone else, knew it was a terrible performance and lets not forget, there were many down in form, in fact maybe 2-3 could walk off that field knowing they had a dig.
I have 1 question only - can he fight back and finish the season strong.
Some calling for his sacking and though felt there were a few harsh critics after Friday night, the fact is Harper made more errors and missed tackles in 1 night than maybe the entire season.
Now the emotion has reduced - whats the opinions, as its highly unlikely Des will change anything but the teams attitude.
I'm backing a solid performance against City and right now, it's 1 game at a time...
Zzz V Zac.

DCE always does this. The problem is up until a few weeks ago Harper was getting up side by side with Chez. Now Harper and Olakau-atu are behind Chez. They are all to blame but I put more blame on the guys not getting up hard off the line. Cronk pointed this out before the game even kicked off and even he was blaming Harper for a lack of effort to get off his line.
No good getting up hard off the line if the rest aren't in synch. That is what makes a defense - up and in or slide - the line must move in unison and how they are supposed to. Slide is all about coming up quick and then sliding off but you have to be on a plane with the rest around you - all in one line across the park - not jaggered with one in front of the rest. Up and in is different where the outside defenders come up quicker to push the attack inside. But with slide it is essential that they are working together. So either DCE is too quick - the others too slow but I was always taught you are only as quick as your slowest man.

Same things people said about AFB at a similar age, but there was "some what" of a redemption story if you remove the gangster crap.

I'll be surprised if he does mate, alcoholics can be functioning but just can't see it from what interviews I've seen of Scott lately.
Regardless of footy I hope he gets his life together

No good getting up hard off the line if the rest aren't in synch. That is what makes a defense - up and in or slide - the line must move in unison and how they are supposed to. Slide is all about coming up quick and then sliding off but you have to be on a plane with the rest around you - all in one line across the park - not jaggered with one in front of the rest. Up and in is different where the outside defenders come up quicker to push the attack inside. But with slide it is essential that they are working together. So either DCE is too quick - the others too slow but I was always taught you are only as quick as your slowest man.
I am aware of what defensive structure is supposed to look like but thanks ;)
When defending the line there is NO room for slow! Simple! The others are too slow and should be right up along side Chez. No sense coming up 3 metres and sliding, that's not gonna end well when defending your line.

I am aware of what defensive structure is supposed to look like but thanks ;)
When defending the line there is NO room for slow! Simple! The others are too slow and should be right up along side Chez. No sense coming up 3 metres and sliding, that's not gonna end well when defending your line.
Oh sorry - you are all over it - no need to comment further lol. I have some idea myself but thanks.

Harper will be go okay this weekend he is not facing the same level of opposition. Provided our defence is organized and energized he will be fine. I expect them to try to dominate in the middle of the park and they will try to smother us like the Storm did. I hope they are not permitted to move up early like the Storm were.

I remember when we cracked the finals in 2005 with a young squad and Timana Tahu gave Matai a bath at centre as we were blitzed by Parra. Matai obviously went on to be more remembered for his defence than attack, so I don't write off Harper. What I would say is twice against the Storm they have exposed him, obviously more so last Friday

I don’t know if someone has already mentioned it. But I believe Harper will come back, bigger and better. Why? Well obviously Dessie will have laid out his shortcomings against Olam. But for me, Harper is a father of three kids at 23. His twin sons (6 years old) he had (well technically Mrs Richie did), at 17 years old. A damn hard job at any age. I think he has come across harder things in his short life, than containing Olam.
Make no mistake, once we’ve knocked out the Rorters, Lionel will make it personal with Olam. He will not want his boys to see him towelled up by Olam again. Of course he’ll tell the media it’s not personal. Bullshiit. His boys will make sure he has learnt from his mistakes.

Harper is one of the players at Manly who personifies continual effort. His execution let him down last time; as he matures as a first grader this will happen less and less, as along as his application is consistent.

I don't think he ducks his responsibility at all - the look on his face last game told me that he knew exactly what he'd done, and I'm sure we will see a very determined 'Lionel' this weekend.

Harper was towelled up by the best in the business but I doubt it will happen again. Morgan has impressed me his attitude is real, hard worker and little hubris. Even the best have had off nights and MH will come back better for the drubbing.

Centre is a funny position. It is very very important but not really a glamour position anymore. Centres have to be error free in defence while mobile, strong and athletic. All the while being one of the lowest paid positions on the field. Every back wants to be a fullback first, then a winger (lol how times have changed) and then if they absolutely have to they will be centres. When they slow down in the centres, forum posters will say they need to be moved to the second row.

I agree and aside from his obvious personal issues he is only an average first grader at best. The Storm system made him look better than he actually was.
Agreed..Can we name a player that improved after leaving the Storm? Can think of many that aren't as good and Scott is definitely one of them.

Harper was towelled up by the best in the business but I doubt it will happen again. Morgan has impressed me his attitude is real, hard worker and little hubris. Even the best have had off nights and MH will come back better for the drubbing.

Centre is a funny position. It is very very important but not really a glamour position anymore. Centres have to be error free in defence while mobile, strong and athletic. All the while being one of the lowest paid positions on the field. Every back wants to be a fullback first, then a winger (lol how times have changed) and then if they absolutely have to they will be centres. When they slow down in the centres, forum posters will say they need to be moved to the second row.
"Forum posters"…..the all knowing think tank that Des relies on. @:p

* Just a question @Kaufusi's Elbow , were you known as Harvey’s elbow at any stage?
I liked his posts and thoughts. But it has been along time since I’ve seen him on the forum.

Harper strikes me as the type that could well be our best this Friday.

I am backing him to exorcise his demons of a career-low last week, and use that game as a defining motivation to bigger and brighter things.

Kid just doesn't strike me in any way as a sook, sulk or quitter.

Harper is one of the players at Manly who personifies continual effort. His execution let him down last time; as he matures as a first grader this will happen less and less, as along as his application is consistent.

I don't think he ducks his responsibility at all - the look on his face last game told me that he knew exactly what he'd done, and I'm sure we will see a very determined 'Lionel' this weekend.
Last week's game was an aberration for Harper, and the Manly team as a whole. We won't see that again this Friday. I think Harper will fight back pretty hard. This game in many ways, becomes career defining for him, and he has worked too hard to have another poor performance. Des has showed a lot of confidence in him, and I don't believe Harper will let Des and the rest of the team down. I am tipping our right side defence to be significantly improved, and that Harper will be a big part of that improvement.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4