Can Barba dominate finals??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm quickly getting sick of all the hype around this guy. He seems to be the next Benji Marshall in terms of hype. Whether he is as good as Marshall at choking at the business end of the season remains to be seen.

I'm quickly getting sick of all the hype around this guy. He seems to be the next Benji Marshall in terms of hype. Whether he is as good as Marshall at choking at the business end of the season remains to be seen.

I dont think he will.
AND
I dont think you can compare his run of form and that of Haynes when parra made the GF.. IMO Hayne's run was clearly better , he controlled every aspect of games for parra and would single handedly turn matches ,score try's himself ,set up try's and actually control the game!. Barbas form has been great yes, but his brilliance is in patches of games.
Not to mention the dogs roster is alot better than that of Parramattas when hayne took them to the GF , cant compare it, in my view Hayne's run way ahead.

I dont think he will.
AND
I dont think you can compare his run of form and that of Haynes when parra made the GF.. IMO Hayne's run was clearly better , he controlled every aspect of games for parra and would single handedly turn matches ,score try's himself ,set up try's and actually control the game!. Barbas form has been great yes, but his brilliance is in patches of games.
Not to mention the dogs roster is alot better than that of Parramattas when hayne took them to the GF , cant compare it, in my view Hayne's run way ahead.

I have to disagree, and I'm sure if he played for Manly we'd be as excited by him as Berry fans are. He is a freak. I throught he was just a flash-in-the-pan but every game he does things very few others have ever been able to do. His anticipation is uncanny. For such a small bloke he shrugs off tacklers like T-Rex, and burns off others with his acceleration. His defence and catching of the high ball has improved greatly.
I'm waiting for him to have an off day. Until he does I'll grudgingly admire his ability. To me, he is as important to the Berries as Thurston is to the 'Boys.

willstyles said:
Can he dominate finals? Well, he's currently dominating the NRL at an even higher rate (in my view) than Hayne did in '09.

And Hayne dominated that finals series. So yeah, I reckon he can.

What he said

He will play a hand in how well the mongrels go, but imo the are very close to a loss and haven't played as well the last month.

They have scored some lucky tries with the bounce of the ball going their way, but come semi final time the good defensive sides will beat them.

If teams squeeze or starve him of room when he gets the ball, he still remains a speed bump in defence. If that happens he'll be contained.

As someone else said, he is a younger Matty Bowen.

Maybe some teams should kick the ball past the deal ball line for a 20mtr restart rather and barba broken play running (ala st merge and slater).

He's certainly set things alight, but I still think his style is easily contained.... and rather surprised it hasn't happened yet.

Peace and bananas to all.

tookey said:
Halser would be more worried about Inu cracking under finals pressure than barba

Inu played pretty well against us in last year's GF. I thought he was the Warriors best and did trouble us when he had the ball. This was probably the reason Hasler snapped him up when he could.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6