Cameron Smith's Wife Given Diamond Ring By NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
DICK_RING_07_800x.webp

Did you hear him inducting JJ "Gilletan" into the Hall of Fame the other night ?? LOL - the guy is a doddery old fool. He and Greenturd are like Steptoe and Son
STEPTOE_&_SON_GOLDEN+HOUR+OF+STEPTOE+&+SON-306804.jpg

Well FMD, Big Mal, (what did league ever do for me) Meninga is disgusted that its even been bought into the media that Scams wife got the ring. Of course you are Mal, keep sucking up the QRL bum hole.
Its a disgrace that you are the coach of Australia and have an opinion on all things in club land, shut your mouth and just keep your fat head in the trough.

Please explain to me how the NRL can justify giving a diamond ring to a player’s wife without it being considered a financial benefit to the player. It has never happened in the history of the game before to my knowledge. the ATO will treat it as income so how stupid do the NRL think we are?

Whilst I think it is a nice gesture to recognise a players wife & her role in his success, I don't know how in gods name they can justify buying her a Diamond ring, why stop at his wife? I am sure his mother and father played as big a role in his career, why not buy them a house! This really stinks to high heaven! The bigger issue is the fact that the NRL have found great new ways to waste Rugby Leagues money. All this Hall of Fame dinners garbage is a gross waste of money. Its a boozy freebee for the friends of the elitists of Rugby League. The NRL under this laughable commission structure and ultimately Todd Greenberg has clearly lost the run of themselves and it is a runaway train-wreck waiting to happen. Worse still it is a closed group that has a full dictatorship that can do whatever it pleases with no one to answer to. It is scary and disgusting in equal parts.

I actually totally disagree about the supposed ‘sacrifices’ his wife has made. Load of balls. She’s enjoyed the millionaire lifestyle just as much as he has. If they’d stayed in Logan, he would’ve ended up working in a warehouse, digging ditches, or unemployed, and Barb probably on the checkout at Coles, as many of their schoolmates’ lives have no doubt turned out. I agree about his parents - I bet they’ve put far more money and time into Scameron’s career than his wife ever has, and I’ll betcha they’ve enjoyed about 10% of the rewards, if that.

Sacrifices?! Cry me a f’n river.

Des Hasler had a testimonial year in 1993, when it was believed he was in his last season at Manly. Of course he returned in 1995-96.

Just highlighting that it is not a new concept that merely favours modern day players.

True, but the old-school testimonial year didn’t involve the game’s administration putting on a one-off game purely to raise money for the player/s involved. At most, the club would organise a ticketed function (usually a dinner) where proceeds would go to the player, and maybe a few fundraising activities at the normally scheduled home games throughout the year. Far cry from what the NRL did for Scam and Thurston.

Even Rothfield has noticed Greenbergs duplicity
Monday Buzz: Todd Greenberg’s cosy bond with the stars
Phil Rothfield, The Daily Telegraph
August 18, 2019 9:23pm
Subscriber only
Todd Greenberg likes to have a cosy relationship with the NRL’s most elite players.

This can work two ways. It’s good that he regularly communicates with the stars but it can also become dangerous territory if fans form the view there are benefits for some that are not available to others.

When Greg Inglis was caught drink-driving and speeding (from which about 2500 lives are lost on our national roads each year), the NRL chief executive wrote him a glowing reference to take to court.

This is something not available to other players with lower profiles who have faced similar charges. Then when GI retired earlier this year from injuries, Greenberg ensured he had a job after footy at the Rabbitohs and that his $1 million contract would not be included in Souths’ salary cap.

This was a complete about-face on other footballers who have retired because of injuries but were still included in the salary cap, such as Brett Stewart at Manly.

About eight weeks ago, Greenberg invited Sam Burgess into NRL headquarters for a private one-on-one meeting. They had coffee in Greenberg’s office and a general chat about life and footy.

About six weeks later, the same Sam Burgess escaped punishment for a terrible high tackle on Cronulla Sharks fullback Matt Moylan that left the player with severe concussion and sidelined for two weeks.

We are not suggesting Greenberg used his influence in any way with the independent judiciary. However, there could be a perception out there that if you’re close to the boss, you get a rails run. Other players have been suspended for far less serious incidents. Ask Tariq Sims, who missed a State of Origin game for a slightly late tackle.

Then there is Cameron Smith’s story and the diamond ring that has been valued at up to $5000.

31eb8f03d236c6531e142621429aab83

Todd Greenberg with Storm star Cameron Smith. Picture: Getty Images
Barb Smith is no different to other footy wags who give up their lives for a huge part of the year to support their husbands. These amazing women should all be thanked and recognised.

Smith’s family already pocketed $100,000 from a testimonial game and a crystal football for the mantelpiece in recognition of his extraordinary achievements.

Greenberg is close to Smith and his manager Isaac Moses.

Other one-club warhorses have had testimonial games knocked back. Wealthy footballers should be like all of us. There are Angus & Coote or Michael Hill jewellery shops to buy a wife a diamond ring. Battlers use their own money, so why shouldn’t a $1 million-a-year footballer.

Other women in rugby league deserve recognition as much as Barb Smith. I’d be buying Joyce Churchill a ring to salute and acknowledge her contribution to the game in carrying her husband’s name with such class and dignity at the grand final each year.

Or one of the hundreds of fantastic female volunteers who run canteens, barbecues, coach, manage or do ground duties every weekend of the season. They are the real heroes of rugby league.

Well FMD, Big Mal, (what did league ever do for me) Meninga is disgusted that its even been bought into the media that Scams wife got the ring. Of course you are Mal, keep sucking up the QRL bum hole.
Its a disgrace that you are the coach of Australia and have an opinion on all things in club land, shut your mouth and just keep your fat head in the trough.
Mal is outraged that anyone would criticise the ring. Yet when I listened to Talkin Bullldogs for half an hour the other day, caller after caller said it was a scandalous outrage.
In my experience fans have a much keener sense of smell when it comes to things like this, and this one really reeks.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8