Cameron Smith's Wife Given Diamond Ring By NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Oh I dunno,

I hate sCam but the nrl said they'd do it for eveyone who played 400 nrl games so that's ok then, isn't it?

I mean he added 'depending on circumstances' so there's the grot's loophole.

Only got a girlfriend? No ring.
Got a tattoo? No ring.

Though all this honour for a guy who signed 2 contracts and has had 2 premierships + 3 (?) minor premierships stripped, it's hard to see why it'd be denied any other 400+ game player.

I'm kinda more miffed about reading that he made 150k from his testimonial but only gave 10% to charity.

edit: I don't agree with Todd trying to sneak the gift through then does the ole attack is the best form of defence when busted. Just announce it at the time.

If the ATO deem the ring to be accessible income due to her husband's occupation.....would that mean that it should be counted to the salary cap? After all, boats and home reno's were counted and the rules haven't changed.

Of course, Greenturd will do absolutely NOTHING even if the ATO do see it like that.

“It is a gift from the NRL,” the spokesman said. “No different to gifts for 300 games, premiership rings or players who are paid out of the NRL marketing fund to promote events.”
So which was it? Did she get it for playing 300 games, playing in a Grand Final or for her great work with the NRL....anyway she's got her ring now and if Cameron wants one he can always use Greenbergs.

Im guessing 15 years ago there was action taken against the parramatta club because they had employed wives and girlfriends to do bogus jobs. As it was a way to circumvent the cap.
How is this any different other than the NRL has bent the rule to suit themselves

greenbergs arrogance is shameless. You get the impression he believes he is the NRL and the 100 years or so that went on before his arrival to centre stage was just an audition to TODDBALL.

And if the figures in the article are correct Cam Smiths donation to charity for the game, pleeease

It should have been called the camerons tax deductable amount testimonial charity game. What a humanatarian . Will Todd host a Cam smith gotta pay the FBT on ring chatity penultimate testamoneyall on the canary islands game .

But at James Graham’s 400th match they handed out a special commemorative playing card. That’s nearly as good as a crystal football, 10 million in a brown paper bag, and having your bum washed by the heads of the NRL.

Whilst I think it is a nice gesture to recognise a players wife & her role in his success, I don't know how in gods name they can justify buying her a Diamond ring, why stop at his wife? I am sure his mother and father played as big a role in his career, why not buy them a house! This really stinks to high heaven! The bigger issue is the fact that the NRL have found great new ways to waste Rugby Leagues money. All this Hall of Fame dinners garbage is a gross waste of money. Its a boozy freebee for the friends of the elitists of Rugby League. The NRL under this laughable commission structure and ultimately Todd Greenberg has clearly lost the run of themselves and it is a runaway train-wreck waiting to happen. Worse still it is a closed group that has a full dictatorship that can do whatever it pleases with no one to answer to. It is scary and disgusting in equal parts.

This is a disgusting rort and this exposes Greenturd for the cretin he is. There is no justification for giving Scam Smith something like this!! Why does the NRL continue to laud a player who is part of a regime that consistently brings the game into disrepute with the gutter tactics to win football matches. I promise you that if Scam Smith played in a different era he would have been lucky to see 200 games with the crap he has dished out over the years knowing that he cant be touched on the field. This is a nightmare, Greenturd has to fry for this judgement!!

Im guessing 15 years ago there was action taken against the parramatta club because they had employed wives and girlfriends to do bogus jobs. As it was a way to circumvent the cap.
How is this any different other than the NRL has bent the rule to suit themselves

greenbergs arrogance is shameless. You get the impression he believes he is the NRL and the 100 years or so that went on before his arrival to centre stage was just an audition to TODDBALL.

And if the figures in the article are correct Cam Smiths donation to charity for the game, pleeease

It should have been called the camerons tax deductable amount testimonial charity game. What a humanatarian . Will Todd host a Cam smith gotta pay the FBT on ring chatity penultimate testamoneyall on the canary islands game .

You can guarantee Greenburg's angling for an entry into the HOF with his recent relaxing of the rules to include journalists & other administrative people.

The man sickens me.

Beattie and Greenberg have to go. They are an embarrassing blight on the game. They have no shame and rule seemingly unimpeded. The clubs must stand up to these duplicitous tyrants and rid the game of two people who are making the game a biased joke.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2