Call to Arms...FOR MANLY!!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Shane link said:
Lol i never backpedalled!
I wonder where that came from
Probably because your arguement has no basis (RE:push it up)
Either way its been there forever and should stay

It has to be push the ball up,otherwise it makes no sense

"Push It Up Manly"

The question that I get asked (and often wonder myself) is:

Push what up?

You suggest that it be re-worded to "Push the ball up"
That brings into play another question:

Push it up where? I can think of a hell of a lot of suggestions.

Jethro link said:
[quote author=Shane link=topic=185456.msg297434#msg297434 date=1285291399]

You suggest that it be re-worded to \"Push the ball up\"
That brings into play another question:

Push it up where? I can think of a hell of a lot of suggestions.

Don't doctors at elite private boarding schools do a test for this on 13 year olds?  *cough cough*

Dan link said:
[quote author=Fluffy link=topic=185456.msg297359#msg297359 date=1285284467]
Dumb posts all round in this thread.

Who gives a f*ck if you dont like someone elses banner, make your own one and add it to the others.

Who gives a f*ck if other teams dont like our banners, they shouldnt.

Dan if you really want to get one made professionally, i can track down the guy who made the Melbourne Cheeters banner, he is a sail maker by trade.

For the sake of all our intelligence and really the way our intelligence is perceived, I think we really need to
[/quote]  Amen.  We're all associated with this stupidity.

abnc link said:
Maybe it means to push up the intensity.

Even that makes more sense than "Push It Up Manly" They could add that word to the top of their banner followed by exclamation marks.  At least then it would make sense and give meaning to the banner.

Push what up?  And from where they're standing it's across.  They ought to stand behind the goal posts Manly are defending each half then. 

Personally I do not like the sign, seems pointless to me.  However I dont really care either way. 

My 2 cents

I do not see the need for signs etc. All they do is obscure the view for some people

Best fans in the word are English football fans - i do not see any signs...and there is a great atmosphere

lsz link said:
Best fans in the word are English football fans - i do not see any signs...and there is a great atmosphere
  I'd love to know how they orchestrate such elaborate chanting.  It's a crack up to listen to it go on for 90 minutes.  I guess with the Northern teams their supporters are just dole bludgers so they have nothing better to do?

It is historical i.e. has gone on for so long it just happens (in most cases)

there are a couple of ring leaders who set the mode and everyone else follows

lsz link said:
It is historical i.e. has gone on for so long it just happens (in most cases)

there are a couple of ring leaders who set the mode and everyone else follows

Yeah Soccer fans are awesome,Riots and all

I guess i am going to have to bite Shane.....

The violence issue in football is largely blown out of proportion. Yes historically there were some issues but when you consider the amount of football being played around the world when it does happen it is very much in the minority

For example in the English football league there are 4 divisions of 20 - 24 teams in each...Most of which get attendances that NRL teams would dream about. So any given weekend there are close to 40 professional games being played - over the course of 40 weeks. Out of this there are a couple of incidents a year, much like the NRL (where there are bad eggs etc)

So considering the popularity it is not a big issue and one that "soccer" knockers will trot out to try attack the game

lsz link said:
I guess i am going to have to bite Shane.....

The violence issue in football is largely blown out of proportion. Yes historically there were some issues but when you consider the amount of football being played around the world when it does happen it is very much in the minority

For example in the English football league there are 4 divisions of 20 - 24 teams in each...Most of which get attendances that NRL teams would dream about. So any given weekend there are close to 40 professional games being played - over the course of 40 weeks. Out of this there are a couple of incidents a year, much like the NRL (where there are bad eggs etc)

So considering the popularity it is not a big issue and one that \"soccer\" knockers will trot out to try attack the game

Yeah i guess,i just hate the game honestly
when you can win the world cup on a dive the game is nonsense to me,i hate cheats alot and i stayed up to watch us lose to a pack of cheats,much like 07 Grand final which i was wide awake for

Shane the world cup is not soccer and you should not base your idea of the game on that. Champions league and English premier league are a much better example of the game with better standards and better refs.

A big problem with the world cup is that every country supplies 5 refs I think it is. Which often means you have a guy from some nothing country who has reffed only something akin to our qld cup or Toyota cup before.

Hence the crap decisions

push it up
see below
90Hoppa.jpg

Yes i am admitting the only times ive actually watched soccer is the world cup major semi and something akin to A Grade soccer

I dont understand it,it confuses and infuriates me :)

Crowds are funny,in the US college gridiron gets crowds the NRL semis could only dream of,id love us to have a crowd like that but its unlikely

Duff link said:
\"Push it up the guts ya pigs!\"

And anything else along those lines.

Pretty simple really.

Shhh, doesnt fit dans threadbare arguement.

Besides he has promised the greatest banner ever made for next year at every game

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6