• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I have seen enough,sign him to a development contract.
He is an NRL player,still a lot of development,but very mature for his years.
Has an NRL motor and determination.
Hits hard,completes his tackles,works hard off the ball,runs hard,footwork,regularly finds his front when tackled.
Looks like our future lock forward for me.
Caleb is locked in for next year

PNG were poor. At best that was NSW cup quality And our boy looked at home. Fiji had a game plan to cut Navale out in attack. I reckon he had about 7 carries all game. He looked dangerous when he did take a run. I reckon his entire job today was just to keep the ruck tight in defence. And the young little bloke more then held his own. Enough talent there for a development contact, but I'm still not going top 30. Great try Caleb.

Last edited:
  • 👍
Reactions: Adz
I've already taken to singing his name to the tune of "Hava Nagila" whenever he gets the ball:

Vale, Caleb Navale, Caleb Navale, Caleb Navale take a run
Vale, Caleb Navale, Caleb Navale, Caleb Navale take a run

Caleb Navale run, Calbe Navale run, Caleb Navale please take a run
Caleb Navale run, Calbe Navale run, Caleb Navale please take a run

You get the gist.

Didn 't watch the whole match [ Fiji v PNG ] but liked what i saw from Navale .
Very willing to have a go very willing competitive attitude and good endurance and work ethic.
Looks to have some good all round ability and skill level .
Still a little way to go to get to the slightly more demanding level of full on i st grade N R L but still young and learning obviously and again looks the goods .
Really should be in the development group or given a bit of a contract extension to enable him to be just that one step closer for an opportunity at that higher level

Is it possible he lied on his birth certificate. He looks way older than 20-21. 😂
In this 2018 photo, Caleb looks 15 or 16. Certainly a change in appearance since then.

caleb.jpg

Didn 't watch the whole match [ Fiji v PNG ] but liked what i saw from Navale .
Very willing to have a go very willing competitive attitude and good endurance and work ethic.
Looks to have some good all round ability and skill level .
Still a little way to go to get to the slightly more demanding level of full on i st grade N R L but still young and learning obviously and again looks the goods .
Really should be in the development group or given a bit of a contract extension to enable him to be just that one step closer for an opportunity at that higher level
yea likewise i feel he deserves a top 30 but as like the 29th or 30th player where he can be our like 3rd or 4th middle forward back off the bench. so if we had a bad injury run in our pack last year he would come off the bench and play 20 / 30 mins but apart from that him just being in the squad he will learn a lot. His physical attributes and skill set is very similar to Jake. Like not as tall, can play long minutes can lock up the ruck in defence, has a simple but effective short passing game, a little bit of mobility. Difference is Jake brings experience and leadership but I think both of them lack the impact to break the odd tackle and get an offload. Like Navale in the 2 games he has played for Fiji apart from that 1 run for a try where they have him 3 tackle breaks and a linebreak he hasn't got 1 tackle break or offload. But obviously with him only being young that's a part of his game he needs to work on. I believe he should be starting lock for NSW cup where he can learn his craft and can learn from Woodsy on gameday in that team. Then I recon he will past players like Asiti James and Nathan Brown if we get him and by the end of the season or next season he will be our first backup middle forward unless if Sipley, Aloiai or Lodge have a shocker of a season. Then after next season if he keeps performing then he can earn the starting lock role for Manly hoping by them he has a combination of tough hit up footy and some lateral expansive footy with an offload in his game and connects well with the spine.

So overall, give him top 30 contract for this season, may debut at back end if injuries and shines in NSW. If goes well potential bench spot for him next season and if that form continues potential starting lock role mid to back end of 2025 season.
Leaving us with the best possible solution of a lock plan for then but leaving with Manly still an issue of lacking a lock forward with mobility and a more expansive brand a footy for the next season and a half. Best way to compact that is to get a utility player to come on after 20 mins who can add more leg speed in the middle of the park, Connor Watson will be dream signing doing the Dylan Walker role only if it's a 1 year contract as he is currently still off contract for 2024.
Thoughts?

No stress with the top 30 IMO

Just means he cant play till round 11 and I think its reasonableto suggest him not being top 30 isnt going to hurt us till then

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8