Cale points to fly south

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
    * sport
          o Rugby League

04 Jan 10 @ 09:06am by Andre Grimaux

88373db70ce228da488d9aa84f8a87e3_resized.JPG

MANLY BOUND: Cashmere rugby league player Cale Hobday.

THERE is a sense of destiny about Cale Hobday’s impending move to the Manly Sea Eagles.
As the cousin of Brookvale Oval great Noel Cleal, the 17-year-old Cashmere wrecking machine is following a well worn path.
And not just a track set down by Manly, NSW and Australian great Noel ``Crusher’’ Cleal, now a highly regarded scout for the Sea Eagles.
But also by his Noel’s brother Les, who played with Sydney’s Eastern Suburbs, and former Redcliffe Dolphins premiership forward and Australian Schoolboys representative Grant Cleal, who is Hobday’s uncle.
All were renown for being tough, uncompromising players on the footy field. Noel, especially, was regarded by many, including a lot of Queenslanders, as one of the fiercest second rowers of the mid-1980s.
And if Hobday’s best-on-tour performance for the Australian Institute of Sport’s rugby league squad on the tour to France and the UK in late November is anything to go by, the young prop has inherited the same rampaging style.
One thing he hasn’t inherited is the ``Crusher’’ nickname. Instead he has been given the tag ``Boppa’’, a moniker that suits well his playing style.
``I’d love to play like my uncles,’’ the 106kg teenager said.
``They’ve given me a few tips, and I watched Grant play a lot at Redcliffe.’’
Hobday started his fledgling career as an under-7 with Redcliffe, and spent seasons at Pine Rivers, Arana Hills and Albany Creek before returning to the Peninsula to play under-18s this year.
It proved a clever move, and after a strong season with the Dolphins and his first representative tour with the AIS, the Wavell State High School student is headed to Sydney’s northern beaches to make a go of playing first grade football, just like those of his family before him.
It will start in Manly’s SG Ball side, but there is already talk he may find a regular home in Manly’s under-20 Toyota Cup team.
INFORMATION SOURCE.PINE RIVERS PRESS.

The production line rolls on. Sounds a very interesting prospect, don't think we've ever had a Cale before.

Are they parra posters on his door?

I'd say that they are AIS photos, as stated in the article he has just returned from a UK/France tour with the AIS rugby league squad.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4