C. Sironen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Curtis has been starving our backline way too much. I've seen him in every potential starting side for 2021, but I'll go against the grain and say I'd rather jetski gets a start. The guy is a different player when he starts in the second row (especially right side) and seems to gel well with dce. When jetski starts, dce all of a sudden develops a short attacking grubber into the in goal. If he gets on top of his injuries and locks down the second row position he could be a weapon. Offload siro and crab walker for aloiai, pass on garner and throw some cash at a game changer... katoni staggs or Harry Grant
Not sure if you watched the game last night but Harry Grants asking price just went up and not a chance Manly can afford him now

We will miss his defence if he is traded. He holds the edge together making important stops. His attack has fallen away I must admit but carrying that knee injury wouldn’t of helped.

Im ok with this trade as it will free up a little more cap room

Interesting to see the Telegraph reporting that the Tigers are looking to bring Curtis ‘home’.

Wests Tigers are also considering making a play for a Curtis Sironen homecoming as part of a potential swap deal between Manly and Sironen’s former club.

The move could mean Sironen returns to the Tigers which would allow disgruntled prop Josh Aloiai to switch to the Sea Eagles immediately. The Tigers are steadfast in their belief they will not release Aloiai unless they find a suitable replacement and expect him back at training on November 30.

Tigers back-rower Luke Garner could also be part of any trade deal although Tigers officials are adamant he will fulfil the final two years of his deal.

Sironen is off-contract at the end of next year and it is understood the Sea Eagles would consider an opportunity for the 27-year-old to return to the Tigers on a long-term deal.

The Sironen name is synonymous with the Tigers after Curtis’s dad Paul was a star at the club in the 1980s and 1990s.

Curtis made his debut for the Tigers in 2012 and played 65 games before joining Manly in 2017 where he has established himself as an edge back-rower while Garner played under-20s at the Sea Eagles before making his debut at the Tigers. Aloiai has had a highly publicised fallout with his current club and the situation is now untenable. The Tigers are privately shocked how quickly the relationship has soured given how popular Aloiai has been with his contributions on and off the field. He was thought of as a potential captaincy option with suggestions Moses Mbye will stand down from the role.
Wow that will do me. I have said this before - I am certain Siro was playing injured and hence his form was questionable and he was cutting back inside. Just think the knee prevented him from playing to his normal standard. IF the knee is repaired - no way I swap him. If we got both Garner and Aloiai it is a maybe... but gee I think a fit Sirro is absolute gold standard quality on an edge.

I hope the bloke sticks around. When injury free hes the best back rower we have..(i don't count jake as a back rower anymore.. the guy NEVER hits the line, is first receiver 99% of the time and is basically just a link man that passes well before the line)
sirro is the only bloke running off dces hip and usually the only bloke busting thru close to the line to score.
Lose him and we get even softer. And we're pretty bloody soft around the middle as it is

Curtis is a keeper at 400k.. problem is next year he is off contract and will want and upgrade i suspect. I would like to keep him here but we may be better off salary cap wise in the near future to make some moves now in aloai and garner. He is the best backrower we've had for years now but I wouldn't be giving the bloke 600k either. Nor would I to aloai. Tough decisons

Curtis is a keeper at 400k.. problem is next year he is off contract and will want and upgrade i suspect. I would like to keep him here but we may be better off salary cap wise in the near future to make some moves now in aloai and garner. He is the best backrower we've had for years now but I wouldn't be giving the bloke 600k either. Nor would I to aloai. Tough decisons

That’s why Des is head coach and we are wannabe’s

I am sentimental so I like it when players play at their natural club, so I wouldn't begrudge him a move back to the tigers, as long as we get Garner back to manly. Also Gutho and Cleary - Manly are their natural homes.

I am .. was .. a Siro fan, he has all the physical ability and skills req'd to be a gun .. but .. I have been predicting his breakout year now every year .. and Alas, remain unfulfilled ..

Yes, his defence is very good ... but so is the defence of many others ..

But apart from the occasional hard run on an angle from 15m out .. his attack has not only been lamentable, it has stiffled the attack of the whole right side .. I cannot recall the last time he attacked the outside shoulder of his defender to set up his outside backs .. now whether this continuous stepping back in field under the play the ball, is part of some great plan of the coach that I don't understand, or a programming glitch inside Siro ... the result has been a winger and centre put at great risk of catching a cold each game ...

If Siro goes I will be slightly saddened, thank him for his service, and wish him ever success ..

If he stays, I will again hope and predict he has a breakout year ...

Can't believe we are so keen on Aloiai considering the public taunting of his old club. I would be filthy if I were the Tigers. Madge developed him into a half-decent player and he shows incredible disrespect for no reason. Players want to jump for more $ all the time, but at least have some class - Saab at least has been open and honest for months. Aloiai has shown the kind of attitude he has, and we certainly don't need that crap at our club. Certainly not for a champ like Sironen. Garner is different but Siro at his best is still miles better than both

I'm not sold on Aloiai. He is an experienced top graders who can fill a hole for a price. I certainly couldn't say he's better then AFB or Siro.

I just think we don't have enough experienced NRL hardened players in our squad.

Waddell, AFB, Thommo, If you add Siro to the out. Thats our entire backrow and Best Prop. Add we don't have an experienced hooker.

At some stage we will have too many kids playing against men.

Crazy talk letting him go in my mind , was one of the few players last season who was trying to talk on the field with Jake being the other.

He is one of our most senior players even back fit to 70% I would not be trading him..

i would be sad to see him go.
apart from his committed playing it's great to hear steve roach's fondness for him in the commentary box. that balmain pack with roach and siro was one of the best - a real team from a great era of rugby league

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4