Bye Felicia

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
To all those entitled “true supporter” twits threatening to boycott the club. Do so and don’t let the door hit your large arses on the way out. No man is bigger than the club and Des has left clubs ancromoniously (including us in 2011) three times now. Where there’s smoke, there’s fire. And if you think you can do better than the Penns, earn your millions and buy the club. Until then, just shut up will you?

To all those entitled “true supporter” twits threatening to boycott the club. Do so and don’t let the door hit your large arses on the way out. No man is bigger than the club and Des has left clubs ancromoniously (including us in 2011) three times now. Where there’s smoke, there’s fire. And if you think you can do better than the Penns, earn your millions and buy the club. Until then, just shut up will you?
See your point of view mate. The site would be pretty boring though if people shut up…and thought rationally all the time…. It’s a passionate sport where you can be one eyed and dogmatic about your view, you can have as many temper tantrums as you like :)

its 2022. its all about PERSPECTIVE and getting some, anything else is conjecture.

Welcome back Matas

Agree with some but not all of your post. The way the Penn family is running the club deserves some discussion however the matter in which it is happening (I will leave etc) is problematic at best.

I'm not boycotting the club which I have supported for more than 6o years, but I'll not give Penn any of my money for a membership -- which I've had for some three decades -- nor merchandise. I'll still follow the team but probably won't be attending any matches until I can see that the club is headed in a positive direction.

You know what matabele

I will take a note from Penn’s book. I don’t care about your opinion about our opinion.

We all love the club, we just show it differently and Penn has pushed many of us to do one thing and many to do others.

My thing is to refuse to put up with the political bull**** anymore and to be a quiet fan from the background and to not contribute toward enabling Penn’s ego to carry on. I am of the opinion that he will fold the club before I will and a short term fan ‘boycott’ is less damaging to the club that we all love than another ten year Penn show

That being said he won’t care and in five years time it will mean nothing. But it’s my silent protest and you don’t get to gatekeep what a true fan is. I respect your opinion about supporting manly during this period; but I am not going to bite the bullet just because you feel that way.

If Penn has taught us anything it’s that our opinions don’t matter. It’s only his that matters, so either buy into that or don’t

Last edited by a moderator:
Do so and don’t let the door hit your large arses on the way out.

BINGO!

I posted that I was not renewing last night and was waiting for the first "don't let the door hit you comment"

And here it is! Woof, woof.

In the end, he is not saying you can't have an opinion, just stop the support other team/boycott rubbish and be a fan. If you want to see a difference, be a fan who makes a difference.
This is officially my last post for the year, going to have a good break (I think I need it)

In my response I said don’t gatekeep and tell me/people with the same feelings what to do

I also threw in some Penn comments but that’s hardly the point of my message

Matabele can tell me im not a fan but, water off a ducks back, I don’t agree with that. Side note: im not explicitly telling people to “boycott”, i’ve already said it’s pretty meaningless in the end. But I made a post that pretty much was just put up solely for other manly fans who feel the same and for documenting the state of the club.

Invest yourselves two-times as much, I don’t care. I personally feel two-times invested at the moment too, but not for the right reasons. Im loyal to the club but I think we have different definitions of what the club is about. Sure, success is one thing, but to me respect and history is another and we’ve lost all touch with those two things under Penn. I just don’t want to contribute (physically/financially) to something that is not ‘right’ (at least in accordance to my definition of what’s ‘right’ for manly). i’ll wait a while in the background because after 10 years of the same it is quite clear that my opinions and input mean nothing anyways.

I feel like the club I know and love is potentially dying in front of my eyes and the question is whether to enable it or passively take a stance against it

Either option is hardly ideal
Go manly

Last edited by a moderator:
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4