BUZZ Proof the salary cap isn't working

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I think as long as the clubs use recycled paper bags the environment, greenies, players and clubs will be happy. We only have one stumbling block the tax man but then again who cares its in a recycled paper bag so were good to go.

The system is fine ... it is the administration of it that is incompetent and corrupt ...

Simply quadruple all penalties for breaches to the point no club would dare to cheat .... as an alternative to smacking clubs like Parra with a feather ... and then say we will do everything we can to help them ......
Come on you know it's not working.

Fines are a slap on the wrist for the big clubs and unfortunately the penalty for cheating is like a toothless tiger. Sure you could be fined. Sure you may have comp points deducted but even if you finish last so what. You still turn up next year in the same competition as cheated in.

If like the uk there was relegation then it's a totally different ball game. If clubs could be relegated for coming last then the penalty for cheating would be the deterrent.

There is no middle ground. Either have no cap or a real one. No cap would allow natural attrition and poorly run clubs would go out backwards. I agree that a significant problem is the what appears IMO to be preferential policing of the cap.

T P A " s are still an issue to take into account also , not too sure of the current figures but the Storm were reported as having 850 k or so in direct T P A "s last season . Far exceeds most other clubs , Manly were mid range with around 350 k as were some some other clubs but still a notable advantage for the Storm . Had the disgraceful Broncos Thoroughbreeds rort in past times also so it is a longer term problem then just in recent times . Hard to limit T P A "s but maybe for some better transparency , the N R L could scrutinize and investigate some of the arrangements that clubs like the Roosters presently engage in and with the same level of intensity that they applied in their witch hunt type investigation into Manly "s affairs a few season "s ago .

Warriors only 2?.. there winger is a beast and surely one of there forwards gets in there.. for me Ruben garrick should be there hes better than Adam douhi. No fainu is strange same with Jetski or joel Thompson
Jetski isn't close to Top 100 material. He doesn't even make our starting line up. In fact, I would have Cust, Keppie, Waddell and Sipley on the bench ahead of him too.

Jetski isn't close to Top 100 material. He doesn't even make our starting line up. In fact, I would have Cust, Keppie, Waddell and Sipley on the bench ahead of him too.
I disagree he is way better then all the players you mentioned. Sipley? What the heck... cust Waddell. No! He was killing it for us last year when he was in the starting side. He can cover a few positions, runs good lines, defends with mongrel and he scores tries! Waddell is solid but hes no jetski!
Ps Sipley come on.. he will be lucky to even get back in the squad with big Keppie and Paseka. Boyle is better imo

But you think they would because it means the really rich clubs can offer fortunes to get the best players ( albeit only 4 or 5).

Roosters could get the absolute top 5 players in the game , all on 5 million each.

Would they not go for that???
Any new system would need to be not only some sort of points based system as I mentioned above but also monetary so clubs dont go bankrupt chasing the dream. I see the current cap to be adequate in protecting the clubs financial position however it's open to some manipulating rich clubs.

What’s our cap situation these days can’t we make a play for the fox.Hows souths not over the cap they’re about to nab him apparently.

Souths seem to have a flexibility component attached to their cap arrangements deemed as acceptable by the N R L hierarchy.

To determine if clubs are paying over the Cap you just need to ask: "How many local juniors are in the side?"
All young kids dream of playing for the team (area) they started playing with so they have a default loyalty factor. To overcome this a rival club would need to (a) offer greater chances of success and/or (b) more money/incentives.
How many truly local juniors do Easts and Melbourne have? I believe Victor Radley is the only one for Easts and I don't think Melbourne has any.
So, to stack their clubs with superstars it's obvious that they are paying more.
In Sydney Penrith, Doesn'tmatta and Wests produce the greatest number of talented youngsters which should mean they are our most successful clubs, but it is the opposite.
The reason is not hard to work out.

I think that this is a good starting point, but does not necessarily solve the salary cap rorts.
However it does make local product more valuable to their Club and takes them off the market. Less predatory approaches to unproven talent?
(Out of the box thinking) why not require say 10 out of a 30 squad to be "local"?
Say 3 juniors, 4 players developed by the Club since 17 yo and 3 players of more than 7 years continuous service. This is out of the squad, not the fielded team.
Won't solve everything but gives value back to the Club's name and takes approx 160 players out of the overpriced market.

I disagree he is way better then all the players you mentioned. Sipley? What the heck... cust Waddell. No! He was killing it for us last year when he was in the starting side. He can cover a few positions, runs good lines, defends with mongrel and he scores tries! Waddell is solid but hes no jetski!
Ps Sipley come on.. he will be lucky to even get back in the squad with big Keppie and Paseka. Boyle is better imo
I see what you mean, but Jetski isn't battling with Keppie, Sipley or Cust for a spot on the bench. There will be one utility, 2 props, and then Jetski or Waddell. Even if he is on our bench, I think we're stretching for a Top 100 player. Each to their own though. I hope you and him prove me wrong!

I think the salary cap gives clubs a baseline to compete with each other, Ive seen teams like the dragons or panthers for the past 6 years have great line ups and flop continually, I remember when the titans in 2016 were in the top 6 with a very average roster and then signed Hayne and Flopped from there on. The Eels are a classic example of great rosters flopping. It is unfair that some clubs have to gamble more then others on player potential. But a lot of it goes to the footy gods, and the coaching and culture around the clubs and smart recruiting decisions.

I thought it was the players that in the past have opposed a draft. Could be wrong.

Quite right SeaEagle. They want the choice and they want the big money. The Restrain of Trade issue has always been a legal barrier. Goes back to the Tutty/Hill/Tallis battles. But Aussie Rules players came to an agreement over the issue. The points system would be more palatable to players than the draft, and may have a better chance of getting through. But the rich clubs wont support it.

I see what you mean, but Jetski isn't battling with Keppie, Sipley or Cust for a spot on the bench. There will be one utility, 2 props, and then Jetski or Waddell. Even if he is on our bench, I think we're stretching for a Top 100 player. Each to their own though. I hope you and him prove me wrong!
Well adam douhi made it in the top 100 and imho Jetski ****s all over him :)
I dont rate Sipley at all.. Boyle is better and Paseka was in fine form end of last year... my bench would be
14. Cust/croker
15. Jetski
16. Paseka
17. Keppie/Boyle
End of the day Desmond knows whats best for the team. I have a feeling he loves Jack Jetski the kid gives his all and loves to win... and score ;)

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6