Buy it OR Build it ??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I kind of see it like this, so far:

Andrew Davey > Corey Waddell (position 17)
Kieran Foran > Lachlan Croker (position 14)
Manase Fainu > Danny Levi (position 9)
Jason Saab > Jorge Taufua (position 2)
Josh Schuster > Cade Cust, Lachlan Croker (position 6)
Dylan Walker > Brad Parker (position 4)
Tom Trbojevic > Tevita Funa, Reuben Garrick (position 1)
Taniela Paseka < Addin Fonua-Blake (position 8)

All upgrades, with likely some exciting news coming (not even included below):

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Dylan Walker
04. Moses Suli
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Josh Schuster
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Taniela Paseka
09. Manase Fainu
10. Marty Taupau
11. Jack Gosiewski
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Kieran Foran
15. Sean Keppie
16. Haumole Olakau'atu
17. Andrew Davey

Canterbury Cup team

01. Tevita Funa
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Morgan Harper
04. Brad Parker
05. Abbas Miski
06. Cade Cust
07. Lachlan Croker
08. Morgan Boyle
09. Zach Dockar-Clay
10. Toafofoa Sipley
11. Ben Trbojevic
12. Zac Saddler
13. Reed Izzard

14. Kaeo Weekes
15. Alec Tuitavake
16. Sione Fainu
17. Siua Fotu

* Krystian Mapapalangi
1 forward on the bench? Do we know if boyle has left us?

Ps i hope this Mapapalangi makes the team one day! Great name! Imagine rabs screaming that 1 out. Im sure we'd just shorten it to Ma papa

Maybe Sipley will step up to the bench as a prop rotation pick
Toafofoa_Sipley.jpg

We need a replacement for AFB who is of similar standing. His leaving was poor form. Making excuses when the real reason was he wanted more folding.

Problem is it's slim pickings out there so we may just have to use Jake. This would be much smarter than spending money for the sake of it.
How do you know that that is the reason why he left?

I kind of see it like this, so far:

Andrew Davey > Corey Waddell (position 17)
Kieran Foran > Lachlan Croker (position 14)
Manase Fainu > Danny Levi (position 9)
Jason Saab > Jorge Taufua (position 2)
Josh Schuster > Cade Cust, Lachlan Croker (position 6)
Dylan Walker > Brad Parker (position 4)
Tom Trbojevic > Tevita Funa, Reuben Garrick (position 1)
Taniela Paseka < Addin Fonua-Blake (position 8)

All upgrades, with likely some exciting news coming (not even included below):

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Dylan Walker
04. Moses Suli
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Josh Schuster
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Taniela Paseka
09. Manase Fainu
10. Marty Taupau
11. Jack Gosiewski
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Kieran Foran
15. Sean Keppie
16. Haumole Olakau'atu
17. Andrew Davey

Canterbury Cup team

01. Tevita Funa
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Morgan Harper
04. Brad Parker
05. Abbas Miski
06. Cade Cust
07. Lachlan Croker
08. Morgan Boyle
09. Zach Dockar-Clay
10. Toafofoa Sipley
11. Ben Trbojevic
12. Zac Saddler
13. Reed Izzard

14. Kaeo Weekes
15. Alec Tuitavake
16. Sione Fainu
17. Siua Fotu

* Krystian Mapapalangi
Need to replace Garrick he’s a turn style

There are plenty of ppl wanting some big name signings and let me confess....I hear ya and with all the players leaving would have expected "something"....
Here's the thing though, there are a host of quality players who "did not" really feature in 2020 and are probably Better than the signings we crave....no particular order.

1 - Tom T - I rate him in the Elite 5 players in the game - Dynamite player - the ONLY issue - can he get through a season ??
2 - Schuster - Top shelf potential who will be 1 of the most dominant players in the game.
3 - Ben Turbo - Big rangy pedigree player, who WILL make his debut in 2021 and will add needed thrust on those edges.
4 - Suli - The big bloke will look super with the injection of a few extra class players - watch him explode in 2021.
5 - Fainu - A quality footy player, who is a good show to start the 2021 season - imo the key to the season.
6 - Walker - Has lost some explosive pace, but still very dangerous and with more opportunity could be a strike centre again.
7 - Foran - Will bring a heap of experience and quality - old legs, old head - but a bloke to lift the entire squad.

Looking at this and being realistic, the backs are great and the aquisition of Saab, will be a Red hot backline (at full strength)
The loss of AFB and Thommo leaves us a hole in the middle, where 1 powerhouse forward would fill the puzzle and the improved Paseka is vital to supporting Kapau....is there a player in the sights ??
There are a few other youngsters looking to claim a spot in the 17, maybe a year or 2 away...who may press for a spot in the 17...

Provided a good run with minimal injuries, the team will be far different and better than 2020.

Do we need many more buys, or can we build it with the above ??
We do have a strong 13, some decisions on the backrowers and lock positions to be made with the speed of the game now.

One of the weaknesses this season was the bench compared to 2019 where we had Fainu changing games and winning us games.

I would like to see a more mobile backrow with Jake moving to prop to partner Tent, Sirro to lock and the edge backrowers in JetSki and Guaca.

The bench Marty he has a wealth of experience to inject himself into the game, Tuitavake, S. Fainu and Foran.

Our bench did not win us games this season and we need to find something different that can change the game with our bench rotation.

We do have a strong 13, some decisions on the backrowers and lock positions to be made with the speed of the game now.

One of the weaknesses this season was the bench compared to 2019 where we had Fainu changing games and winning us games.

I would like to see a more mobile backrow with Jake moving to prop to partner Tent, Sirro to lock and the edge backrowers in JetSki and Guaca.

The bench Marty he has a wealth of experience to inject himself into the game, Tuitavake, S. Fainu and Foran.

Our bench did not win us games this season and we need to find something different that can change the game with our bench rotation.
Great summary.....personally feel that mobile pack is the way of the new game.
Most are talking speed out wide, which in Manly's case is fair, due to a very slow backline (injuries contributed)
Thing is, games tempo will still be controlled off the back of that middle and winning quick plays and if Manly could land a Player or 2 that added mobility through the middle....the Manly backline at full strength, would go from zero to hero and potentially be more dangerous than most...but today's game the old sluggish forwards are almost extinct

Not sure about these strains, as have Pearce in their sites and also this young Souths bloke already commanding huge $$$$.

Bulldogs and Barrett still splurging , they are after a heap of Panthers and from what’s reported throwing huge $$$$ to get them !!

Just on the afb replacement, i read the other day that the club hold zac saddler in high regard and that he would be the second tallest player in the nrl behind big nelson. Big, young and aggressive. Could be our new enforcer. Never really seen him play except in the world cup briefly. What's his defence and lateral movement like?

Just on the afb replacement, i read the other day that the club hold zac saddler in high regard and that he would be the second tallest player in the nrl behind big nelson. Big, young and aggressive. Could be our new enforcer. Never really seen him play except in the world cup briefly. What's his defence and lateral movement like?
He was expected to be the next Big thing at Bulldogs...think some injury concerns stunted his progress....what I have seen and I hate comparables to other players, but similar to a YOUNG David Klemmer in style, yet obviously a way off that standard at this time....I mean his style and an awkward big body, lots of aggression which would be great to see....
Was suprised he was not mentioned as a possibility in 2020, but I guess not having a NSW Cup makes it far harder to progress into the NRL....

How would we know? DESpicable never gave him an opportunity.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4