Burns

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
Ok, I have a day off work.

I tell my boss I've got pneumonia and then I go out and have a few beers and enjoy spending the pay that I did nothing to earn.

THE WHOLE TIME WAITING IN LINE TO JOIN NTH QLD

Get rid of the bludger.

Same goes for matai: Can't hold the ball, can't tackle, infact... can't even show up for a game these days. To busy pretending to pick peoples noses. Perhaps he can follow Lyon to wee waa when he does a runner on us mid way through his contract because he can't hack inner city traffic or some BS excuse. :wall:

Only because all day I have to dodge the ****ing obvious so people with rose colored specs aren't offended.

This is true. Why is he drinking when he is too sick to play football?

Unacceptable.

Have a look at the effect of alcohol on healthy bodies and then consider having pneumonia.

At least its not my money he's taking while waiting for his plane ride to cowboys.

Im sorry Jatz, do you have an opinion you'd like to express or are you just looking for a fight? ;)

Only because all day I have to dodge the ****ing obvious so people with rose colored specs aren't offended.

This is true. Why is he drinking when he is too sick to play football?

Unacceptable.

Don't take this as criticism, because I am enjoying the angry flip - it's refreshing!

And while I don't think Burnsy hitting the pubs mid-arvo is the best thing for his health, or his match fitness etc, I don't think that is why he missed last weeks game.

He lost something like 7 kilos while he was in hospital, so even though he was actually over the original illness, it was going to take him some time to put that muscle mass back on.

To be honest I'm a bit surprised that he's back this quickly. It's a lot of weight to put back on that quickly,.

I'm not happy that Travis is playing elsewhere next year, but I can't fault his passion for Manly. I really can't.

An alcohol-impaired pulmonary immune system is no defense against pneumonia-producing bacteria.

At least one-half of the adult U.S. population consumes alcohol. Among these consumers, approximately 15.2 million abuse or depend upon alcohol, making alcoholism the leading form of drug abuse in the United States. Because alcohol can exert potent suppressive effects on the immune system, the susceptibility of alcohol users to a variety of infections is significant. Among these infections, bacterial pneumonia has the strongest and best documented association with alcohol abuse.

One of the earliest reports to link alcohol consumption and pulmonary infections was published in 1785 by Benjamin Rush. In An Inquiry Into the Effects of Ardent Spirits Upon the Human Body and Mind, Rush listed tuberculosis and pneumonia as "infectious sequelae" (aftereffects) of alcoholism. Sir William Osler, in his Principles and Practice of Medicine (1909), stated that alcoholism was "perhaps the most potent predisposing factor" to pneumonia. Indeed, the frequency and severity of pneumonia are so pronounced among alcohol abusers that physicians have historically been convinced that the alcohol-consuming patient is, in fact, an immunocompromised host. However, while the relationship between alcohol abuse and pulmonary infection has been noted, an understanding of the basic mechanisms by which alcohol suppresses the immune system of the host remains unclear and continues to evolve. Further progress in reducing disease and death among alcohol abusers who contract pneumonia will depend upon increased understanding of the means by which alcohol depresses host defenses against invading disease-causing pathogens

Bacterial pneumonia is the clinical manifestation of infection caused by multiple host and pathogen interactions involving characteristics of the invading microorganism, immunologic defenses, nutrition, metabolism, and environmental exposure. As most patients with pneumonia do not have a clinically recognized genetic defect in their host defense system, their disease is typically the outcome of an acquired imbalance resulting from a failure of the immune system to destroy or rid itself of invading pathogens. To understand the sequence of events leading to this acquired state of immune deficiency in alcohol-abusing patients, it is necessary to review the means by which the lungs maintain sterility in the airways of normal hosts (also, see sidebar).

The lower respiratory tract is the largest internal surface of the body exposed to the external environment. Air breathed in normally through the nose and mouth exposes the tract not only to oxygen but also to various particles, noxious gases, and microorganisms. The lungs, therefore, are repeatedly exposed to infectious microorganisms. To defend against exposure, essential mechanical and immunologic components of the pulmonary defense system are distributed throughout the respiratory tract from the point of air entry in the upper tract to the site of gas exchange in the lower tract. Another essential component, inflammatory response, augments this standard apparatus. Because the invading pathogens encounter a highly integrated system of defense mechanisms, which comprises both mechanical components and immunologic components, infectious challenges to the lower respiratory tract rarely cause pneumonia in healthy people under normal circumstances.

Don't take this as criticism, because I am enjoying the angry flip - it's refreshing!

And while I don't think Burnsy hitting the pubs mid-arvo is the best thing for his health, or his match fitness etc, I don't think that is why he missed last weeks game.

He lost something like 7 kilos while he was in hospital, so even though he was actually over the original illness, it was going to take him some time to put that muscle mass back on.

To be honest I'm a bit surprised that he's back this quickly. It's a lot of weight to put back on that quickly,.

I'm not happy that Travis is playing elsewhere next year, but I can't fault his passion for Manly. I really can't.

Thankyou will. Someone actaully debating the topic.

No offense taken ;)

It is well known that the best way to put on weight is a few beers with beer nuts and chips followed by a kebab on the way home.

Give the guy a break he is only trying to get back to his playing weight as quickly as possible.

Relax Flip. It's good that Burns is back with us as we can use his excellent defensive skills. Imo any player that signs with another club should be considered as if he hasn't. I'm not of the opinion that we pay him for not playing or playing him in the PL. If the guys form is good enough then play him, and worry about him having a drink or two only if it impairs his ability to train or play, .

Burns wanted to stay at manly, but being a young guy he didn't want to sit on a bench for half a game.
Des sees Lyon as 5/8 so Burns took less money to go north..thats football at least he has never dogged while playing for us so i don't have a problem with him. As for him having a few quiet ones while trying to build his strength up ?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4