Pre-Game Bulldogs v Manly [Round 26, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
GAME ON! Head over to the Game Thread!

V

24 42
Accor Stadium
27 Aug 2023 02:00 PM

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cooper Johns is out with a biceps injury apparently (I know - who even knew he had biceps?), so maybe the Schu will end up in the halves. Agree though that it makes more sense to play him in the forwards. If that's what he's going to be, may as well start working towards it now.
Latu 7 and John's 6 named for Blacktown

I would play Schuster at lock for 80 minutes in the NSW Cup match so he can get his bearings as Yeo for Penrith in my opinion has become one of the most influential players in the game and in Willie Masons terminology he could become that cat and Manly would win the 2024 premiership
Schuster will never reach the same level as Yeo. Completely different players. Schuster has so much more natural talent and skill than Yeo, but the problem is he is fundamentally lazy and has a terrible attitude, the exact opposite to Yeo, who is a workhorse and an a great competitor. Schuster has no future in the NRL as a forward, especially not as a lock.

Gotta feeling Dogs are gonna get us this weekend. Team been up the last two weeks without gettin the chockies. Loss of Garrick a bit tough to take and can just see us being a bit down with the hounds rounding us up. Think we’ll finish well at Brookie vs the Tigers though and celebrate Jakes 200 well.

Absolutely
Schuster will never reach the same level as Yeo. Completely different players. Schuster has so much more natural talent and skill than Yeo, but the problem is he is fundamentally lazy and has a terrible attitude, the exact opposite to Yeo, who is a workhorse and an a great competitor. Schuster has no future in the NRL as a forward, especially not as a lock.
absolutely agree with you he has to bring his own dimensions to this position and the challenge is to get his attitude switched on for any position he takes on the field it’s up to him

Manly have been poor this year but the bulldogs are absolutely shambolic. You think we have problems, how can you possibly get the performances we have seen the last few rounds with a team stacked with Kikau Burton Addo-Carr Marnie Pangau Thompson.

Looks like supercoach Ciraldo is another one of Goulds snake-oil prodigies. Barrett 2.0 if you will.

Manly by 10 in the battle of the pea-hearted battlers

NYEagle

Manly have been poor this year but the bulldogs are absolutely shambolic. You think we have problems, how can you possibly get the performances we have seen the last few rounds with a team stacked with Kikau Burton Addo-Carr Marnie Pangau Thompson.

Looks like supercoach Ciraldo is another one of Goulds snake-oil prodigies. Barrett 2.0 if you will.

Manly by 10 in the battle of the pea-hearted battlers

NYEagle
Hmmmm how bad is this going to look if we lose. I fear another meltdown in this place.

I would play Schuster at lock for 80 minutes in the NSW Cup match so he can get his bearings as Yeo for Penrith in my opinion has become one of the most influential players in the game and in Willie Masons terminology he could become that cat and Manly would win the 2024 premiership
If he wants to keep his first grade career alive it has to be at lock, which means he needs to roll his sleeves up and start doing the hard stuff

Years ago I happened across Yeo running alone on a bush track somewhere in the Blue Mountains, he was a tall, pretty skinny bloke, not very established in first grade. It was the middle of summer, I was impressed with his determination.

I won't melt down. Our injury toll is diabolical and the year is already over.
yeah, I'd be really disappointed, but I've now gone past the melt down stage and as you say, our injury toll gets bigger by the week, now looking like Garrick's gone for the last 2 games as well...oh hum..

I think it's more the fear of how many punch on's will happen in here LOL.

Not from me mate. I'm just going with the flow like everyone else now, and will just accept losing as path of the course (for whatever reason or excuse we always seem to produce). This past week has shown me there's no point being passionate and vocalizing those emotions 🤷‍♂️ . Just shrug the shoulders, keep everyone happy, and expect losses (and to miss out on finals).

Numerous posters have stated people who get emotionally charged and invested in the results basically have something wrong with them, and need to adjust - so adjustment incoming.

We lose to The Dogs (guessing it's expected), so meh, who cares I guess. Let's just talk about the good parts of the game during and after full-time (if there are any).

On paper not a lot between the teams. If effort is there then we are a chance. However my expectations are realistic and it could go either way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8