Bulldogs - Salary Cap Cheaters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

XV-1

First Grader
Interesting read in the tele today by Kenty.

Dogs have up to 16 players with back ended deals which cover the 2019 salary cap with 800k to spare.

Next year they have to sign 14 more players for under 800k. Even at min wage of 85k - that leaves them 390k over the salary cap.

How has the NRL allowed this to happen and why is there no sanctions against the Dogs. they are clearly going to be over the cap in 2019.

Manly get hung out to dry by not paying TPA's, but NRL added them to our salary cap to charge us with salary cap rorts.

Is this a level playing field?

There needs to be an investigation!!!!!!!

Dogs have up to 16 players with back ended deals which cover the 2019 salary cap with 800k to spare.

Next year they have to sign 14 more players for under 800k. Even at min wage of 85k - that leaves them 390k over the salary cap.

How has the NRL allowed this to happen and why is there no sanctions against the Dogs. they are clearly going to be over the cap in 2019.

Manly get hung out to dry by not paying TPA's, but NRL added them to our salary cap to charge us with salary cap rorts.

Welcome to the NRL, the only professional sporting organisation in the world that makes its own rules on the spot

Thanks for the summary XV-1.
Saved me reading the rest of his piffle.
Nonetheless
Todd are you out there..........
TODDDD ???!!!!

Its not 2019 yet.....Bulldogs will have to shed players to sort themselves

This is the mess Hasler gets clubs into yet still some want him back here

Front and back loaded contracts are the only way of making a difference that non TPA clubs have ....

Disco .... Des's tactics saw us play finals every year and delivered 2 premierships ....

At Bulldogs the tactics saw them in the final 5 times and Grandfinalists twice in 3 years .. silly buggers didn't win when they had a chance ...

By any measure the tactics are a resounding success .... and yes ... I would take and have taken the inevitable couple of years in the wilderness that follows as worth it ...

PSS and no I don't want to see Des back here .... life moves on ...

Yes all that means is they’ll have to shed players , and probably a couple of decent ones at the end of this year!

And oh so typical of Haslers MO.

I’m sure he can coach BUT should never grace our doors again, REGARDLESS of our situation!!

If the players already have a nice contract and no other team wants them, what do they do? Greg Eastwood and the Morris twins?

the players will see out their contracts next year, just like Hastings is for us. the Dogs will have to pay their large salary.

You can only laugh at the filth dogs who hee heed and laughed at us when they procured Doggler in 2011. It has bitten them right royally in the ass!! and they deserve everything they get! I am pretty sure that if they happen to be over the cap, they, unlike Manly, will be given courtesy from the Greenturd led NRL, Greenturd will look them in the eye and forgive them lol!! Interesting to see how this evolves,

It may work...for a few years anyway. Then it leaves the club in a world of hurt.

If you've got yourself to a point that you need to shed players in order to be cap compliant, haven't you taken away other clubs ability to sign particular players in that squad.

Manly got pinged because we took away other clubs ability to sign our players because we apparently offered them illegal TPA's.

Haven't the dogs done exactly the same thing but with backended deals. They've acquired a squad of superstars which other clubs never got the chance to have a play for and now the dogs get to choose who they release....

Sounds dodgy as hell...if Kents telling the truth.

The rules say you can spend x amount per year ... if a player on a 3 year contract is paid more in one than another that is a commercial arrangement between he and his employer ....

Batty .. we can put a $9mil dollar team together each year for 10 years competing against $11/12mil teams from Melb, Broncos Easts ..... or for 4/5 of those years put together an $11/12 mil team knowing that we will need a rebuild for a few years to do it all again ....

We win one premiership every decade ..... the window of opportunity is short ... you need to go hunting with the biggest guns you got ... and that means loading the team up ....

So, why did the nrl register those contracts knowing the dogs were going to be over the cap. What is the point of registering contracts with the nrl if they don't even check something as basic as if it fits under that clubs cap. Is it any wonder they are never aware of clubs cheating the cap if they can't do basic maths

Yep. Agree with you mate.
I'm just saying with that system above, teams will go into the trenches for a few years... with the good comes the bad.

I'm more interested in the fact that the NRL admin, who oversees all registered contracts, have allowed the Dogs to be over for 2019. Of course it can be argued that all they have to do is release a player or 2 to be compliant but my issue is that during the lead up years they have taken players off the market with backended deals.

Manly got hung for taking players off the market with TPA's. Haven't the dogs taken players off the market with illegal backended deals.

Now work with me here Woodsie but theoretically I could sign the top 30 players in the comp all on multimillion dollar contracts. I could backend the deals so in years 4/5 I pay the majority of the multimillions. But before it gets there I could offload them to other rival clubs who would be happy to take them for big money because their the best. I replace them with min contract juniors for 2yrs.

3 years of winning comps. 2 years of rebuilds.

It's an exaggeration of what the dogs have done but are you picking up what I'm putting down...?

and good luck to you if you can do it .... that is exactly what is happening ... but with only say 3 key players ... Foran. Snake and Lyons ..... at least it is a level playing field ... all clubs can try it ....

If the NRL don't want clubs to do it .... get rid of the TPA imbalance ....

But under the pretence you cant take players off the market illegally (disadvantaging all other clubs) aka Manly and the TPA's... Why can the dogs do it with their salary cap with backended 2019 deals?....

That may just be a GreenTurd rule for Manly only .... it would only become illegal if in any one year you were over the cap limit ....

So, why did the nrl register those contracts knowing the dogs were going to be over the cap. What is the point of registering contracts with the nrl if they don't even check something as basic as if it fits under that clubs cap. Is it any wonder they are never aware of clubs cheating the cap if they can't do basic maths

The only time the NRL ever seems to know if a club is beyond the salary cap is if someone tips them off. That says a lot.

Difference is we have worded TPA’s in a wrong way but haven’t spent over the cap. Dogs are looking to spend above their cap which is a genuine Salary Cap issue. But it’s OK Todd has given us 2 yrs worth punishment to overlap any 2019 infringements other clubs might have..

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8