Buhrerful Defence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ferris hasn't played a game of footy in over 12 months. Coming back from a broken jaw against a strong in form pack. Great to have him back but let's be realistic in our expectations of him.
I like others are struggling to find positives to support us at the moment, not raising expectations just HOPING! You can't deny a lifelong fan that!

I'm so glad he's back.

With him in the team it gives a little more feel of Manly to me, just need snake back and it would be as Manly as we could get these days.

I hope he stays injury free and gets back to the form we know he can produce otherwise our recruitment team may well try & move him on like they tried to in the offseason.

All the best Jamie!

He had a run in NSW Cup last week Av8r...

I just had a strange thought/recollection...didn't Buhrer have a game or two for us at 5/8 a few years back, and not disgrace himself? May have been after the Battle of Brookvale when we had about six players suspended for one thing or another, and we went up to Bronco territory with a makeshift side and nearly came away with the win. Recall him offloading a blinder to T-Rex, who did a no-look pass to somebody, and we scored. Just a passing thought, anyway...would stop us worrying about Walker's turnstile defence for a bit. And yes, I've had sillier thoughts.
Yes he played 5/8 for the game against Broncos,the week after the Storm game when Foran was out for a week due to the fight.They lost but he was one of Manly's best that day and worked well with DCE.Symonds wasn't at Manly then

Buhrer would be a candidate to take over as skipper next year,think he'd be a better option than DCE.Unfortunately I can't see Barrett/Bozo thinking that way

Weren't they trying to offload Ferris to Newcastle at the start of the year?

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news/2016/05/18/buhrer_i_want_to_mak.html

Fan favourite Jamie Buhrer is excited about pulling on the Manly NRL jersey again this Saturday.

Injuries have meant the premiership winning back-rower has played little football this season – the latest being a broken thumb suffered in the round four win over the Sydney Roosters.

He made a successful return from the thumb injury for Manly in the Intrust Super Premiership last Sunday, doing enough for Coach Trent Barrett to call him into the NRL side to play Cronulla.

“It has been a bit of a tough trot for myself, but I have had the opportunity to work on a bit of everything and do a bit of maintenance. I’m feeling quite fresh coming into round 11,’’ Buhrer said today.

“I am just keen to get out there and make an impact for the boys.”

Will give away two penalties in the first half; one for a really obvious attempt at a strip and the other for laying in the ruck too long.

I blame Watmough for teaching him these habits.

Yes he played 5/8 for the game against Broncos,the week after the Storm game when Foran was out for a week due to the fight.They lost but he was one of Manly's best that day and worked well with DCE.Symonds wasn't at Manly then

For the record

Round 26, 2011. Sunday 4 September
Suncorp Stadium
Attenance: 50,859 (Lockyer's last official home game)
Referees: Jarred Maxwell, Adam Devcich
Brisbane def. Manly 18-10

Brisbane:
Josh Hoffman, Gerard Beale (1T), Jack Reed, Ben T'eo, Jharal Yow Yeh (1T), Darren Lockyer (c), Peter Wallace, Josh McGuire, Andrew McCollough (1T), Ben Hannant, Alex Glenn, Sam Thaiday, Corey Parker (1/4 G). Res - Sam Anderson, Matt Gillett (1T), Ben Hunt. Coach - Anthony Griffin

Manly:
Michael Robertson, Dean Whare, Jamie Lyon (c) (1/2 G), Steve Matai, Michael Oldfield, Jamie Buhrer, Daly Cherry-Evans (1T), Joe Galuvau, Matt Ballin, Brent Kite, Anthony Watmough, Shane Rodney, Vic Mauro. Res - George Rose, Tony Williams (1T), Terence Seu Seu, Tim Robinson. Coach - Des Hasler

For the record

Round 26, 2011. Sunday 4 September
Suncorp Stadium
Attenance: 50,859 (Lockyer's last official home game)
Referees: Jarred Maxwell, Adam Devcich
Brisbane def. Manly 18-10

Brisbane:
Josh Hoffman, Gerard Beale (1T), Jack Reed, Ben T'eo, Jharal Yow Yeh (1T), Darren Lockyer (c), Peter Wallace, Josh McGuire, Andrew McCollough (1T), Ben Hannant, Alex Glenn, Sam Thaiday, Corey Parker (1/4 G). Res - Sam Anderson, Matt Gillett (1T), Ben Hunt. Coach - Anthony Griffin

Manly:
Michael Robertson, Dean Whare, Jamie Lyon (c) (1/2 G), Steve Matai, Michael Oldfield, Jamie Buhrer, Daly Cherry-Evans (1T), Joe Galuvau, Matt Ballin, Brent Kite, Anthony Watmough, Shane Rodney, Vic Mauro. Res - George Rose, Tony Williams (1T), Terence Seu Seu, Tim Robinson. Coach - Des Hasler
I was there and Broncos got off to a quick start so I was worried they may run away with the match and leap frog manly into 2nd on for and against

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4