Buhrerful Defence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Under the Sticks

The spirit of Mooney 🦅
Premium Member
I'm looking forward to Buhrer to stiffen up the defence for the first time in a long while. Seems ages since he and Matty Ballin contributed 100 tackles a game between them. Our results show this.

Only a small bloke but could be our forward leader as he is hard working and very Manly!

He was developing really well until he copped his knee injuries. Did he play last week? I didn't see the game.

He had a run in NSW Cup last week Av8r...

I just had a strange thought/recollection...didn't Buhrer have a game or two for us at 5/8 a few years back, and not disgrace himself? May have been after the Battle of Brookvale when we had about six players suspended for one thing or another, and we went up to Bronco territory with a makeshift side and nearly came away with the win. Recall him offloading a blinder to T-Rex, who did a no-look pass to somebody, and we scored. Just a passing thought, anyway...would stop us worrying about Walker's turnstile defence for a bit. And yes, I've had sillier thoughts.

Having Ferris back in the side will free up Nate to play his natural game. You know, the block busting 30m runs, off loads in traffic, leading the kick chases and smothering opposition halfbacks all day.

We'll win this game!

Seriously though, jokes aside...it will be fantastic to see Ferris out there!! :happy:

Ferris hasn't played a game of footy in over 12 months. Coming back from a broken jaw against a strong in form pack. Great to have him back but let's be realistic in our expectations of him.

I'll never forget the 2011 semi final versus the Cows when he made a beautiful break in our 20 and then threw a beautiful rocket ball to Snake (hehe never forget but not sure on this bit!) for a great try...

Ferris hasn't played a game of footy in over 12 months. Coming back from a broken jaw against a strong in form pack. Great to have him back but let's be realistic in our expectations of him.
Not quite Woodsie - he came back from the broken jaw earlier this year...lasted 20 minutes then broke his thumb. D'Oh!

(Having said that, he was playing a cracking game up to that point - like he had a huge point to prove...)

Apart from last weekend where he was man of the match in reserve grade?

Not quite Woodsie - he came back from the broken jaw earlier this year...lasted 20 minutes then broke his thumb. D'Oh!

(Having said that, he was playing a cracking game up to that point - like he had a huge point to prove...)

Usually I don't allow facts to get in the way of a good story, but I agree with you.

However my point remains.

I'll never forget the 2011 semi final versus the Cows when he made a beautiful break in our 20 and then threw a beautiful rocket ball to Snake (hehe never forget but not sure on this bit!) for a great try...
Enjoy - it was such an amazing night :clap:

Ferris to Robbo - Matty scored.

Ferris also saved Killer's brain fad by extending his robot arm and scoring from 3 meters out :rofl:

Buhrer is the terrier warrior we've needed for quite some time. His presence even without Taupau raises the the level of our forward pack.

Enjoy - it was such an amazing night :clap:

Ferris to Robbo - Matty scored.

Ferris also saved Killer's brain fad by extending his robot arm and scoring from 3 meters out :rofl:
See how many support players there were on that last break? Almost the entire team were charging in to keep the ball alive. Massively different from 2016, where we have little to no support on the rare occasion someone makes a half break...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8