Buhrer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Wow DCE's contract! What hot button issue will be discussed here next..? That "Baz" is not Manly??? That Zorba is fat and useless??? That Penn is destroying the club?????
Dont need to discuss those things as everyone already knows the answers

DCE has won a comp, played for QLD and Australia and is a Clive Churchill Medallist id dare say he' s abit better than average! Like @MadMarcus said, swap Thurston and DCE this year and I don't think there woulda been much of a difference in where both teams woulda finished on the ladder.
DCE=Great player who plays with his heart for Manly. Sure he didn't have a great season but despite all of his injuries and crappy team he still managed to play above what most halves did. He recorded 13 try assists, he is the only half in the bottom 8 to do that.

He had an decent 6 next to him when he did that. It's pretty ****ing obvious. With no 6 defences rush up and tee off on him. He had nowhere to go but sideways. When Lyon played next to him DCE's attack improved. This is not anything new or some amazing insight. It was discussed here to death throughout this past season.

Yes, and it's still relevant today, and going to affect us for at least the next SEVEN years, so worthy of ongoing discussion ...

So your excuse for him then is that he didn't have a qualified 6 next to him? And it's THIS reason he had no option but to run sidewards?

I disagree that his output is dependent on the number 6 next to him. What I think is different, is the 1%'ers, that I think he is completely letting us down with (which is unacceptable for a player soaking a large amount of a teams salary cap).

Here are the numbers between when Foran was able to "allow him to be the player he can be", and now:

Points per Game 2014: 0.70
points per Game 2016: 1.16

Tries per Game 2014: 0.13
Tries per Game 2016: 0.26

Tackles per Game 2014: 20.65
Tackles per Game 2016: 21.74

Hitups per Game 2014: 6.13
Hitups per Game 2016: 7.89

Running metres per Game 2014: 54.13
Running metres per Game 2016: 55.89

Try Assists per Game 2014: 0.65
Try Assists per Game 2016: 0.84

Line Breaks per Game 2014: 0.43
Line Breaks per game 2016: 0.05

In fact, this shows he is actually achieving BETTER numbers WITHOUT Foran next to him (in all but line breaks per game).

That's why I think it's quite interesting that people are suggesting that DCE will automatically be better with Green controlling the left side.

I hold to the fact that he's just not running, playing, trying hard enough. Look at those Line Breaks per game - deplorable.

And I think it has nothing to do with Foran, Lyon, Walker, Koroisou or Wright who all played 5/8 @ times.

it looks like this is the case mate.... in reality i could never understand why Brown was signed for 3 years and Jamie Buhrer was on the unwanted list.

They both play backrow and hooker... jamie is miles ahead in both positions

But the fact is Lewis Brown is bigger than the club and the fans ... this is fact .. they have crystalized this now with what's going on

And the person who recruited Lewis Brown is in fact bigger than the club

Or thinks he is!!

Yes, and it's still relevant today, and going to affect us for at least the next SEVEN years, so worthy of ongoing discussion ...

So your excuse for him then is that he didn't have a qualified 6 next to him? And it's THIS reason he had no option but to run sidewards?

I disagree that his output is dependent on the number 6 next to him. What I think is different, is the 1%'ers, that I think he is completely letting us down with (which is unacceptable for a player soaking a large amount of a teams salary cap).

Here are the numbers between when Foran was able to "allow him to be the player he can be", and now:

In fact, this shows he is actually achieving BETTER numbers WITHOUT Foran next to him (in all but line breaks per game).

That's why I think it's quite interesting that people are suggesting that DCE will automatically be better with Green controlling the left side.

I hold to the fact that he's just not running, playing, trying hard enough. Look at those Line Breaks per game - deplorable.

And I think it has nothing to do with Foran, Lyon, Walker, Koroisou or Wright who all played 5/8 @ times.
Who's a 1%'er that did everything themselves and delivered premierships with a garbage 6?

No big stars, no little stars, no kids with potential. All we will get is the Uate's, Myles' and Lewis Browns' of the nrl.

Our club, as far as others are concerned is on the nose. We have

1 Serious issues regarding match fixing over heads.

2 Two seasons of missing the finals and are sinking rapidly down the ladder, the spoon is a real possibility in 2017.

3 A coach who has no winning record or drawing power to attract anyone except his friends. He probably isn't even the coach.

and

4 An ownership that has shown no regard the clubs history, supporters and more importantly players (refer Matt Ballin).

Go ahead put your "troll" and your "dummy spit" and your "dislike" on this post but in your hearts you know this is the absolute truth.

No Troll from me buddy, 4 absolutely accurate points!

If you think a 5/8 has nothing to do with why DCE is struggling you've got no idea.

Yeh it's tough to blame DCE for accepting an inflated contract....agree it's overs but....too many are judging him behind a beaten pack that only found its voice in a few games.
Throw him behind that Storm/Cowboys pack & he suddenly is close to that million dollar man.
If I was offered a pay rise would take it...people forget it's their job...will add -as a fan of loyalty...seemed to die our with Beaver & just on that...where is the clubs loyalty to these Manly players....we talk team culture...does it not start at board level??

Foz made cherry look good, by being the focal point in attack. Foran was the organiser, cherry the running 5/8. Manly went for Foz first, for a very good reason too, he brings others into the game. Cherry is currently learning to orchestrate, which is not his natural game. $1.2 mil & still on his training wheels. If dce doesn't learn to play like a traditional, organising half, we'll be stuck with another benji.

Not sure how people figure Foran was the organiser because they played on different sides and rarely linked up. Injuries is what disrupted us the last two years. Does anyone have a link to confirm the buhrer move?

I'm trying to think of a worse "big name" signing from us in recent years than Myles? ..... I am struggling.
Walk a myle in his shoes. He just wants to put his feet up.

And yes, on the face of it, you would have to walk myles and myles to think of a worse big name signing.

Or as our esteemed fellow poster, The Who might say: I can see for myles and myles...

Now that I've flogged that theme to death, apparently the players love him. So I guess there is more to Nate's on-field/off-field contributions than we are privy to.

Ryan though I think we have overpaid for DCE, that's the price we had to pay to ensure the blunder the Penn's made was at least softened. Saying he's a very very average half back must surely though be tongue in cheek. Titans didnt think so, Fulton didnt think so, Meninga and Qld didnt think so. And one would imagine they would have some nous into the worth of a player.

Costing us too much...I agree. But I'm glad he's playing for Manly

If Fulton is behind the push to get Bird and sell off Buhrer, I would suggest he remember the value his mentor Jack Gibson had on such a player. Bunny Reilly had similar characteristics to Buhrer. Busy in attack and defence and cleaned up in the middle of the ruck. Gibson thought the world of Reilly and would never think of letting him go. Think what your mentor Gibson would do if he had Buhrer, Bob. He would think you mad for letting him go. Its a bad call Bob. He would be one of the players you DONT want to lose.

Great post Bearfax. Although I don't think you could describe the Fulton-Gibson relationship as close.

Fulton-Arthurson, Fulton-O'Connell, Fulton-Stanton, Fulton-Willey on the other hand...

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10