Buhrer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Referees have been calling out Jamie for past 2 years. He must be on their list of bad boys at the ruck. Others across the NRL are no better than Jamie but never get called on it.

Buhrer's sidestep last night was gold. Yes he gives away some penalties, but setting up that try made up for it.

Andy1972
Manly Forever

He played great and needs to do it every week. If one of those penalties had cost us the game I don't think the sentiment on here would be so positive.

It might have, it could have, but it didn't. Not having a go or anything mate and I'm sorry if you take it that way. After the fact, ifs and buts are a bit silly

I have never been a huge fan, but hats off to him!

What I liked most is that without Glen, it gave DCE just enough scope as a ball player. Rather than having the extra ball playing forward with Glen playing, DCE was able to to pace his play, knowing that he had a hole hitting Buhrer outside him.

But I am conflicted. Glen is a wonderful player and I prefer that he stays. Above anything else, his defence around the ruck is commanding and world class.

We need both, and I would want both Glen and Buhrer in our squad this year and beyond.

Our club needs to place immediate pressure on the NRL to allow 10 year discounts. All 10 year players should be allowed to be on the Lockyer precedent $250K a year on the books deal. Beyond that, the Thoroughbreds associated with each club should be allowed to pay whatever they want to retain the best of 10 year, single club players.

I have always been a Buhrer fan and he always shines when he is given the opportunity to start and play for longer periods. I think Glenn is the better player but when you consider his age against Buhrer I think if it came to those 2 the club is better retaining Buhrer due to the fact he has more years left in him. Glad I am not having to make the decision though, it is not a easy one.

JB is good for 2 or 3 penalties every week. And they are always the same ruck penalties... frustrating.

His break was great last night, but really Walker just missed him cold one on one, very poor defence. If a Manly player did that they'd be hung on here.

He did run over 100m, but 30 of that would have been that break. Solid game, and we don't lose a lot when he fills in. He does seem to get dominated in the tackle though in straight out hit ups.

Chip and Chase said:
JB is good for 2 or 3 penalties every week. And they are always the same ruck penalties... frustrating.

His break was great last night, but really Walker just missed him cold one on one, very poor defence. If a Manly player did that they'd be hung on here.

He did run over 100m, but 30 of that would have been that break. Solid game, and we don't lose a lot when he fills in. He does seem to get dominated in the tackle though in straight out hit ups.
g'day all,it amazes me how certain players seem to attract criticsm for their actions and others are not allowed to be criticised at all.Buhrer played a fantastic game last night and deserved mom in my opinion,his defence was great and he never stops trying in attack and his break to set up the try was a great reward.He might of given away a couple of penalties but I didn't see him drop a ball or two unlike some others.And as for the supposed very poor defence being the reason that break was made it was his footwork and speed that caused the poor defence.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6