Bryant keen to raise the bar in 2007

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

PJ

Bencher
Hey -just read this in the Wagga Daily Advertiser this morning- thought it may be of interest....

MANLY prop forward Mark Bryant is keen to raise the bar and improve on his impressive 2006 NRL season.
In what was a year the Cootamundra junior came of age, missing just one game and playing a pivotal role in Manly's charge towards the finals, Bryant said the players were being put through exhausting physical challenges as part of their strict pre-season campaign.
"I've already had three training sessions today - they are keeping us busy," Bryant said yesterday.
The 25-year-old said while this year was great from an individual perspective, the team's seasonending loss to St George/Illawarra in the finals was disappointing.
"I'm happy with my year. It is a long, tiring season and you need to take care of your body. However, I think we didn't finish the season the way we wanted to," he said.
"That result against St George didn't do our
season any justice." Bryant said hopefully the club can keep working hard and take a few extra steps next year to make up for season 2006.
"Personally, I just want to play good consistent football and all my other goals will bounce of this hopefully," he said.
"Things like representative selections take care of themselves if you are playing good consistent footy at club level."
The big prop admitted he doesn't get to come home to the Riverina as much as he would like to.
"It is hard to get home but my family lives in Griffith now and my wife's family is in Cootamundra so it is always good when we get a chance to come home and see our families.
"Dad loves it when I'm home because he works me hard, but I don't really know what I'm doing."

I hope he does step up.
I coached a Coota junior about 4 years ago (under 10's). I know it is only a young age group but he ran rings around everyone , smashed everyone , and could kick a goal from almost anywhere. Very talented.

Do he's maybe 14-15, that's the junior grades Earl. Like Wheel has said - promote the young fella. Could bve the next Greg Inglis !

Do he's maybe 14-15, that's the junior grades Earl. Like Wheel has said - promote the young fella. Could bve the next Greg Inglis !

I havnt had contact in a few years but I know his old man was a footy nut , so IM n ot sure how far he went. He was in the shape of someone like Fittler or Barret(much more talent than Barret). But , with the sell off of most of the juniour league grounds out here , Id say that it has certainly limited the chances of Riverina juniors.

I know PJ, its ****ed.
Watch the influx of AFL juniors coming out of Wagga now. They basically have a monopoly on the football here now. Thats what happens when you add a little funding.
Rugby League cant fall back on the fact that kids will want to play League. They have to push it and provide funding to keep these juniors coming through.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2