Brutal Draw

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I'm not convinced Jake will make it... Freddy will likely prefer Radley and Murray. Yeo will start at 13.
Jake plays bench prop. Wouldn't be my pick but Freddy won't drop him.

For mine Jake starts or doesn't play at all. I'd also drop Luai, Radley and Crichton but I think Freddy will stick solid for game 1.

Last edited:
I'm not convinced Jake will make it... Freddy will likely prefer Radley and Murray. Yeo will start at 13.
Not a chance in hell Jake won’t be picked. He’s the first bloke picked by Freddy. Doesn’t matter if it’s 13, 10 or bench. He won’t be in a manly jumper cone origin time, I’ll bet my house on it.

Not sure why so negative, I think we'll beat the broncs, good chance against parra, and the storm is the only game I expect to lose with how hot they are atm.

Not a chance in hell Jake won’t be picked. He’s the first bloke picked by Freddy. Doesn’t matter if it’s 13, 10 or bench. He won’t be in a manly jumper cone origin time, I’ll bet my house on it.
Don’t get me wrong Waz, he would be in my team. I love the guy. He holds the middle so well. But he was picked on the bench last year when Radley was suspended, and Freddy said Radley would have played if not for the suspension.

It will be interesting. Yeo, Murray, Radley, Haas, Paulo, Saifiti, Martin, Chrichton will all be there I reckon. RCG and Jake might be fighting for the last bench spot.

Yep, HUGE next 3 weeks. And it'll be perfect if we are near full strength and have Schu, Smole, and Davey back. It's also a gradual quality rise in the next 3 games with Bronx, Parra and the big one Melbourne at Melbourne. So we gotta improve game by game, and treat each one like finals.

Not sure why so negative, I think we'll beat the broncs, good chance against parra, and the storm is the only game I expect to lose with how hot they are atm.
Because negative is the default position around here for many. Not good enough, can't beat xxxxx, poorly coached, forwards are soft and so on is the norm.

I like staying positive but hey it is what it is.

Tom is not fit enough to play SOO. Hie right bandaged knee looks like it could go again any minute. Freddy, have mercy, dont select him, there are so many Penrith, Parra, Roosters centres who are in good form. Where does Tony Staggs come from?
Staggs is from Wellington (the Australian one), somehow Queensland will claim him

Because negative is the default position around here for many. Not good enough, can't beat xxxxx, poorly coached, forwards are soft and so on is the norm.

Yeah I’m surprised there is no “Des outcoached by Madge this week” thread

I wish they'd stop scheduling our annual game against the Dragons as an away game. Our last win at WIN was in 2003 and we've got a terrible record at Kogarah as well.

It always seems like it doesn't matter how both sides are playing, we usually fall to the Dragons, even when they are cannon fodder for the rest of the NRL.
Agree - it's scary how similar the draw seems to be every year how we draw the Dragons only once and it's an away game. You can set you're watch by it. Yet we ALWAYS draw the Storm twice ( we may ask for the Storm as preference for crowds but it costs us points every year ).

Draw is anything but random.

I tried being positive and we got flogged by Sharks and Vermin. I went back to negative and we towelled the tigpies so I'm staying on the negative. Broncs will towel us up.

Yep, HUGE next 3 weeks. And it'll be perfect if we are near full strength and have Schu, Smole, and Davey back. It's also a gradual quality rise in the next 3 games with Bronx, Parra and the big one Melbourne at Melbourne. So we gotta improve game by game, and treat each one like finals.
Agree, we're building nicely though, with Marty, Burbo and Bullymore putting in strong games on Sat. Add Schuster, Smole and Davey to the mix for Friday night, together with a wet track at Suncorp, we're more than ready.

Getting Haumole and hopefully Schuster back will be a big boost and getting the best value out of Turbo again . Going to be a big call for a centre partner for Koula , maybe would have to opt for Harper but Des may be inclined to pick Burbo again . Marty , Alioia and Bulemor showing some good form , tough draw approaching without doubt but some optimism probably warranted also . Fairly wet week forecast for a lot of QLD this week but hopefully will be tapering off by Friday night and in the Brissy area .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8