Brown and Myles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
something tells me that Parcel may not make it in 1st grade due to injury. He has all the skill and potential but doesnt have the biggest frame and obviously is not that agile. Cam Smith is small but makes 50 tackles and plays 22-26 games a year.. In saying that, I am not a physio so I really am talking about my ass.

Mr methane is that you?

No doubt Fulton has Jamil Hopoate pencilled in to fill the utility role over the next few years
It would be nice when ure dealing with players such as Jamil if we knew where he was at with his NRL sanctioned rehabilitation. Same with Meehan etc. All wel and good for us to have em in our fantasy teams but the guys have gotta get registered to play. Hopefully they're all enjoying a few moktails at blue light discos on Friday nights and staying out of trouble

Julian was such an obnoxious arrogant looking bastard too lol I rather enjoyed those regular moments when he'd find himself knee deep in errr strife

Julian was such an obnoxious arrogant looking bastard too lol I rather enjoyed those regular moments when he'd find himself knee deep in errr strife
Setting that dolphin mascot on fire was a real Julian highlight.
As far as I can remember the Nate Myles defecation "incident", he was found naked in a hotel hallway, lying in a pile of his own ****. It was while he was playing for the Roosters, I think. Explained a few years later as some sort of stomach bug. Got sick, got locked out of his room. Happens every day.

Good off-season thread topic, I just wish it was a real choice the fans got to make! If that were the case I would probably keep the one they call Brown (by name not reputation) :D

Brown is a decent hooker, a serviceable second row and an ok defensive centre. He is perfect at 14. Myles is a solid defensive prop. I've seen him tackle three times a set a few times. I don't get the hate.

Brown's biggest issue and the one that brings the derision is his defense in the centres. He is a sitting duck out there and should never have been a starting option. During a game is fine, if necessary but don't give the opposition all week to come up with plays that head his way. It's dumb coaching and negates his playing every week. There were at least 2 or 3 games where he should not have been selected.

I know it has sometimes been said...by us "we don't hate Myles as much as the rest of you" types...but for mine he brings more to the team. A few weeks into the season, before he hurt himself and when we were starting to click a bit as a team (and I use that expression lightly), he was strong in the ruck in both attack and defence, and gave us a little of that Storm-like ability to control the speed of the play-the-ball (probably by holding down opposition players with the sheer weight of his melon). I'd take Myles over Brown, who has been a decent player, but is now too slow to be a centre or hooker, and not really big enough to be a damaging backrower. He's always just sort of caught between positions, and frankly Buhrer was the exact same player but better (faster, stronger, more skillful). Hoping Jamil Hopoate can be the next in line for the role.

I know it has sometimes been said...by us "we don't hate Myles as much as the rest of you" types...but for mine he brings more to the team. A few weeks into the season, before he hurt himself and when we were starting to click a bit as a team (and I use that expression lightly), he was strong in the ruck in both attack and defence, and gave us a little of that Storm-like ability to control the speed of the play-the-ball (probably by holding down opposition players with the sheer weight of his melon). I'd take Myles over Brown, who has been a decent player, but is now too slow to be a centre or hooker, and not really big enough to be a damaging backrower. He's always just sort of caught between positions, and frankly Buhrer was the exact same player but better (faster, stronger, more skillful). Hoping Jamil Hopoate can be the next in line for the role.
Well said feathered friend .

As far as I can remember the Nate Myles defecation "incident", he was found naked in a hotel hallway, lying in a pile of his own ****. It was while he was playing for the Roosters, I think. Explained a few years later as some sort of stomach bug. Got sick, got locked out of his room. Happens every day.

Thought that he got the ****s somewhere

You guys are just way too harsh, Poo & Plod might be **** but didn't your Mummies tell you " you should be nice to everyone".

Poor guys, imagine the hurt they feel when they read your barbs.

I think we should start a new thread , " let's be nice to Poo & Plod and not call them names".

Pretty sure it was after a game the Rorters played at Grahame Park, he was blind drunk and locked himself out of his room naked and found himself needing to take a dump. After knocking on the doors of some fellow hotel guests (not footy players) and asking to use their toilets, and being declined he found a quiet corridor and relieved himself.

I remember Roy and HG gave him the nickname 'Nugget' after the incident, maybe we should bring it back

Brown's biggest issue and the one that brings the derision is his defense in the centres. He is a sitting duck out there and should never have been a starting option. During a game is fine, if necessary but don't give the opposition all week to come up with plays that head his way. It's dumb coaching and negates his playing every week. There were at least 2 or 3 games where he should not have been selected.

And yet if you look back over the defensive figures of our centres during the period Brown was out there he made two to three times more tackles consistently than his partner. I'm no great fan of Brown and think he's a fringe first grader, but credit where credit is due. He did his bit defensively in the centres (not questioning though that he could be run around by a quick player), but it was in my mind his attack that offered us little and brought our raids to a stop. He's not a centre just as Walker is not a 5/8. He's a competent forward, but in my mind had much less to offer than Buhrer.

And yet if you look back over the defensive figures of our centres during the period Brown was out there he made two to three times more tackles consistently than his partner. I'm no great fan of Brown and think he's a fringe first grader, but credit where credit is due. He did his bit defensively in the centres (not questioning though that he could be run around by a quick player), but it was in my mind his attack that offered us little and brought our raids to a stop. He's not a centre just as Walker is not a 5/8. He's a competent forward, but in my mind had much less to offer than Buhrer.

Seriously, I feel sorry for him, he was thrust into heaps of fill in spots through out the year and never excelled at one of them.

As obvious as it was to us that Walker wasn't a 5/8 it was obvious that Poo wasn't a centre.

One was a dumb decision , the other necessity!!

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8