Brookvale upgrade version 57

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DUFFMAN

Bencher
Manly boost as Brookvale Oval set for $35 million upgrade
DEAN RITCHIE, EXCLUSIVE, The Daily Telegraph
14 minutes ago

Subscriber only
Manly confusion continues as coaches fail to show
FINALLY, after a 30-year wait, Brookvale Oval is poised to be saved.

The neglected and ageing ground on the northern beaches’ Pittwater Road is on the verge of being given a $35 million state-of-the-art Centre of Excellence, including a new 3000-seat grandstand.

It would once-and-for-all end talk that the Penn family, Manly’s co-owners, want to take the Sea Eagles away from their spiritual home.

A historic announcement could be made as early as Thursday but club officials weren’t revealing any details on Monday night for fear of a last-minute hitch.

Manly had already secured grants worth $20 million from the Federal and State Governments.

It is understood the State Government is now considering another $15 million to ensure the Centre of Excellence is constructed at Brookvale.

Manly are refusing to raise their hopes after years of broken promises and empty dreams.

Although, well-placed sources claim NSW Sports Minister Stuart Ayres has additional money to spend after saving some cash when it was decided to redevelop, rather than tear down and rebuild, ANZ Stadium.

e9e70c16832f8317f8fe57981d184e08

Brookvale Oval is poised for a $35 million upgrade.
Manly’s Centre of Excellence would be constructed at the northern end of Brookvale Oval, where the existing scoreboard and Family Hill are located.

The Penn family would not be required to inject any money into the project.

Plans for the Centre of Excellence include housing Manly’s football operations, coaching staff and administration. It would be the first significant step in a planned overhaul of Brookvale.

There have been fears for 20 years that Manly may be forced to leave Brookie unless the famous old ground could secure a facelift.

The proposed new grandstand would back onto the Centre of Excellence and finally give Brookvale some much-needed love.

Manly would be able to ditch the demountables and compete with rival NRL clubs in terms of off-field facilities.

bf1027d1a79e7849ac9f72a8f6d9e85e

Manly co-owner and chairman Scott Penn. Picture: Getty Images
The Sea Eagles would train at two venues — Brookvale and the club’s existing premises at Narrabeen.

Training every day at Brookvale would damage the playing surface, with the Academy of Sport complex at Narrabeen offering three training fields.

Manly co-owner and chairman Scott Penn spoke about a Brookvale revamp during an August interview with The Daily Telegraph.

“The club is working very closely with local and State Government to make sure we have the right Centre of Excellence at Lottoland that would befit an NRL club,” Penn said.

“We are still a way away but there are certainly positive and proactive conversations going on. The area, deserves an activated precinct.”

So the grandstand is at the northern end not the eastern hill?
Assuming that centre of excellence may be built on the old warm up ground.
So maybe the eastern stand could be next seeing they've come this far.
Could be another long wait but to see that they're investing this much is very positive indeed that a decent ground is possible.

Manly boost as Brookvale Oval set for $35 million upgrade
DEAN RITCHIE, EXCLUSIVE, The Daily Telegraph
14 minutes ago

Subscriber only
Manly confusion continues as coaches fail to show
FINALLY, after a 30-year wait, Brookvale Oval is poised to be saved.

The neglected and ageing ground on the northern beaches’ Pittwater Road is on the verge of being given a $35 million state-of-the-art Centre of Excellence, including a new 3000-seat grandstand.

It would once-and-for-all end talk that the Penn family, Manly’s co-owners, want to take the Sea Eagles away from their spiritual home.

A historic announcement could be made as early as Thursday but club officials weren’t revealing any details on Monday night for fear of a last-minute hitch.

Manly had already secured grants worth $20 million from the Federal and State Governments.

It is understood the State Government is now considering another $15 million to ensure the Centre of Excellence is constructed at Brookvale.

Manly are refusing to raise their hopes after years of broken promises and empty dreams.

Although, well-placed sources claim NSW Sports Minister Stuart Ayres has additional money to spend after saving some cash when it was decided to redevelop, rather than tear down and rebuild, ANZ Stadium.

e9e70c16832f8317f8fe57981d184e08

Brookvale Oval is poised for a $35 million upgrade.
Manly’s Centre of Excellence would be constructed at the northern end of Brookvale Oval, where the existing scoreboard and Family Hill are located.

The Penn family would not be required to inject any money into the project.

Plans for the Centre of Excellence include housing Manly’s football operations, coaching staff and administration. It would be the first significant step in a planned overhaul of Brookvale.

There have been fears for 20 years that Manly may be forced to leave Brookie unless the famous old ground could secure a facelift.

The proposed new grandstand would back onto the Centre of Excellence and finally give Brookvale some much-needed love.

Manly would be able to ditch the demountables and compete with rival NRL clubs in terms of off-field facilities.

bf1027d1a79e7849ac9f72a8f6d9e85e

Manly co-owner and chairman Scott Penn. Picture: Getty Images
The Sea Eagles would train at two venues — Brookvale and the club’s existing premises at Narrabeen.

Training every day at Brookvale would damage the playing surface, with the Academy of Sport complex at Narrabeen offering three training fields.

Manly co-owner and chairman Scott Penn spoke about a Brookvale revamp during an August interview with The Daily Telegraph.

“The club is working very closely with local and State Government to make sure we have the right Centre of Excellence at Lottoland that would befit an NRL club,” Penn said.

“We are still a way away but there are certainly positive and proactive conversations going on. The area, deserves an activated precinct.”

As @Mark from Brisbane would say #nextweek maybe.
I have lived on the northern beaches all my life to know we are the capital area of broken promises how many times have we been told that the northern beaches is going to get a tunnel for a bypass of the spit bridge or get any significant funding from the government for redevelopment of brookvale oval.
Until any official announcement is made this is all just rumour, I will believe it when I see it.
If the announcement is made I will be very happy mind you as I want to in the future be able if I have kids to take my son down to brookvale oval in the future and let them be able to experience the joy it has given me going down to games myself.

Last edited:
how many times have we been told that the northern beaches is going to get a tunnel for a bypass of the spit bridge or get any significant funding from the government for redevelopment of brookvale oval.
Until any official announcement is made this is all just rumour.
We've been told before every state election for 'yonks' about getting a tunnel across the Spit, just like a Brookvale Oval upgrade. Then following the election this talk disappears into oblivion.

And when's the next state election? Surprise, surprise its in March!

Yes @davohan123 we've heard it all before, ho hum...

As @Mark from Brisbane would say #nextweek maybe.
I have lived on the northern beaches all my life to know we are the capital area of broken promises how many times have we been told that the northern beaches is going to get a tunnel for a bypass of the spit bridge or get any significant funding from the government for redevelopment of brookvale oval.
Until any official announcement is made this is all just rumour, I will believe it when I see it.
If the announcement is made I will be very happy mind you as I want to in the future be able if I have kids to take my son down to brookvale oval in the future and let them be able to experience the joy it has given me going down to games myself.
The underground tunnel is actually in effect. They have two underwater sites around the spit bridge that now hold good numbers of Kingy’s for all the fisherman out there.

There has also been houses and land that have been bought by the government to start the project.

Fingers crossed this could actually be on point.

Let the #nextweek posts come flying in for when it gets finished. The light rail down George is only a #fewyears from finishing and a gazzilion $$$ over budget but I live in hope.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8