Brookvale Oval Upgrade - Finally?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I really like this proposal. I am a Sydney FC member and we average about 15K a game. I think that the SFS only needs a capacity of 30K like Wankfest and then distribute the money to grounds like Brooky so there can be a total upgrade not just a centre of excellence. Finally we are seeing some vision for Sydney rather than play out of 3 stadiums which will just drive fans further away from the game!

NRL | Team and Player News, Live Coverage, Results, Fixtures, Tips and Analysis | The Sydney Morning Herald

Sports minister keen to work with V'landys on suburban grounds

By Adrian Proszenko

November 1, 2019 — 3.37pm

Acting NSW Sports Minister Geoff Lee has expressed a desire to work with new ARLC supremo Peter V'landys on the upgrade of suburban grounds to improve the game-day experience for sporting fans.

In his first press conference after succeeding Peter Beattie, V'landys earmarked the redevelopment of ageing boutique facilities among his seven “big ticket” priorities for the game. The Racing NSW chief executive will host Lee on Saturday at the Golden Eagle race meeting at Rosehill, where the subject may be broached.

“I’m looking forward to catching up with Peter V'landys,” Lee said. “Coming from somewhere like Parramatta, I know the importance of local grounds for sport.

“Any opportunity we have to leverage off sport, we will have a look at. We’re open to any suggestions and would put everything on the table, especially when it comes to grassroots sport. Making sure it is female-friendly, ensuring the changerooms and amenities being better.

“We’re open to any suggestions on how we can do things better. We’re reviewing our grants program to ensure they are doing the things they should be doing while being fully aware its a pretty tight budget at the moment.

“The drought has affected rural communities so much, so my focus will also be on rural and regional areas and how we can inspire them.

New ARLC chairman Peter V'landys has put up a solid front in his first NRL press-conference.

“We don’t have a lot of money, but the drought means people are playing on a pitch without a blade of grass on there. The rural and regional areas need a hand and we need to do what we can.”

The NSW Goverment has already invested $2 billion in major stadia upgrades, with the NRL commiting the grand final to Sydney for the next 27 years in return.

V'landys said Brookvale Oval was the ground in need of most attention and one of his venue priorities.

Those sentiments were welcomed by Sea Eagles chairman Scott Penn, who is hoping the club’s $33 million centre of excellence will completed by May 2021.

“It’s terrific to have someone of Peter’s calibre overseeing the game,” Manly chairman Scott Penn said. “He is a passionate man through and through and also understands grassroots and the tribalism of rugby league. It’s exciting for all clubs for someone who understands the game and more importantly understands how to bring money into the game.

“He also understands fan expectations and what the clubs need to be sustainable going forward.

“It’s certainly music to our ears now that the overarching government stadia strategy is locked away that he is turning his attention to suburban grounds most in need. Obviously Lottoland is No.1 in terms of teams having it as their dominant home ground.”

The development application for Manly’s centre of excellence was submitted last week. Construction is scheduled to commence after the final home game of the 2020 season.

The Sea Eagles hope they will be able to continue to play at Lottoland during the construction phase despite a reduced capacity, although they are likely to request more away games to start the 2021 season.

“I’m looking forward to catching up with Peter V'landys,” Lee said. “Coming from somewhere like Parramatta, I know the importance of local grounds for sport.

So...... will there be any bias against Manly?

25 October, 2019
$29,513 DA Lodged - click on [Documents] to view

Find an Application

Capture+_2019-11-02-07-37-06.png

Last edited:
Like you I l admire his rhetoric, but is he just saying it because that's what the rugby league public want to hear ?.
The talk about a redevelopment for Brookie has been going on for over ten years, with all sorts of plans and artists' impressions, and despite both our number one ticket holders in Abbott and Gladys, nothing has been accomplished, you only have to look at the lack of infrastructure on the Northern Beaches to see how much this area has been neglected. .

Yes time for a change of government!!

Some posters on here believe residents surrounding Brookie will thwart any development plans. Certainly there will be opposition, which will delay and complicate any building work.
We all love Brookie, but when you take a more holistic look at the least intrusive place to build a modern stadium it is at Rat Park where there is so much more space, greater parking options, and a minimal amount of nearby residents likely to object.
I believe we need a multi-functioning stadium at Pittwater Park that suits all three football codes, and is suitable for music concerts and outdoor events. I'd I'd hate to see any development plans for Brookie blocked by NIMBYs for years.

Some posters on here believe residents surrounding Brookie will thwart any development plans. Certainly there will be opposition, which will delay and complicate any building work.
We all love Brookie, but when you take a more holistic look at the least intrusive place to build a modern stadium it is at Rat Park where there is so much more space, greater parking options, and a minimal amount of nearby residents likely to object.
I believe we need a multi-functioning stadium at Pittwater Park that suits all three football codes, and is suitable for music concerts and outdoor events. I'd I'd hate to see any development plans for Brookie blocked by NIMBYs for years.
Not to put too fine a point on it, Who, but those residents who do complain can go and get ****ed. Seriously, if you buy a house or unit near a major sporting ground, you should expect a little inconvenience and noise every now and then.

If this isnt a back handed swipe at Greenturd ,I dont know what is !

“It’s terrific to have someone of Peter’s calibre overseeing the game,” Manly chairman Scott Penn said. “He is a passionate man through and through and also understands grassroots and the tribalism of rugby league. It’s exciting for all clubs for someone who understands the game and more importantly understands how to bring money into the game.

“He also understands fan expectations and what the clubs need to be sustainable going forward.

So far, so good .
I'm really liking this guy.
Haven't had a decent bloke running the game for a long long time.

Last edited:
Yes time for a change of government!!
I doubt it very much that a Labor Government, State or Federal, will fund a redevelopment of Brookvale,
As Anthony Albanese said when he was last in government about funds for Brookvale, "as long as my ar$e points to the ground, that mob are not going to get anything from us"

Low interest rates heading towards negative, low inflation/wage growth and Govts in a state of flux about how to resolve this issue will lead to the masses seeking a distraction from the uncertainty and people will try and gain comfort in tribalism/community/family entertainment.(another pregnancy boom on the way in a few years also)

Could be one way to stimulate the local economy and do more than just building two massive upgrades.

The next boom will come off Electric cars and home battery storage increasing disposable income levels in the second half of the 2020's, the reduced tax revenue from fuel will be found in online retail spending, services in general and entertainment.

On top of that the better off all around the world will want to live in places that offer variety and culture, we are competing against the rest of the world to attract population growth and keep the economy pumping along.

The internet advertises and informs people from around the globe what we have to offer so it is in our interest to build the infrastructure and foster a good culture that seems fun to others also.

Low interest rates heading towards negative, low inflation/wage growth and Govts in a state of flux about how to resolve this issue will lead to the masses seeking a distraction from the uncertainty and people will try and gain comfort in tribalism/community/family entertainment.(another pregnancy boom on the way in a few years also)

Could be one way to stimulate the local economy and do more than just building two massive upgrades.

The next boom will come off Electric cars and home battery storage increasing disposable income levels in the second half of the 2020's, the reduced tax revenue from fuel will be found in online retail spending, services in general and entertainment.

On top of that the better off all around the world will want to live in places that offer variety and culture, we are competing against the rest of the world to attract population growth and keep the economy pumping along.

The internet advertises and informs people from around the globe what we have to offer so it is in our interest to build the infrastructure and foster a good culture that seems fun to others also.

unga bunga stadium gooooood!

If this isnt a back handed swipe at Greenturd ,I dont know what is !

So far, so good .
I'm really liking this guy.
Haven't had a decent bloke running the game for a long long time.

No point sucking up to Greenberg as he has given us nothing, might as well side with the new bloke. But i agree that comment was a swipe at the administrators and their direction over the last few yrs

Hi All,

I couldn't see this posted anywhere else but apologies if it has been.

When I got to work this morning I noticed the below Request for Quotation was published by a fairly large player in the NSW construction industry.

"BROOKVALE OVAL REDEVELOPMENT - MANLY SEA EAGLES HQ - Closing on 19 June 2020
Address: Pittwater Road, Brookvale NSW 2100.
Tender Description:
The project Scope of Works is to deliver the final and fully operational Centre of Excellence, Grandstand and car park, including but not limited to the following requirements:
· Site establishment;
· All Demolition, excavation and preparation of the existing site for construction;
· Decommissioning, diverting and/or protecting all existing services;
· Supply and installation of all elements associated with construction of the Centre of Excellence, grandstand and parking area;
· Relocation of the existing scoreboard and associated works;
· Relocation of the Ticketmaster conduits;
· Connectivity between the existing grandstand the Centre of Excellence;
· Connectivity for outside broadcasting requirements;

I knew the Centre of Excellence was happening but find it interesting that a 'Grandstand' is included in the tender request. Given this request came out on Saturday and closes on Friday, this would have to be one of the shortest periods I've see to put together pricing for a construction project.

We've waited a long time for anything to happen at Brookvale so I should be happy, and I am. However, V'landys seems to want to return the game to its roots which I fully support. If reports are true that he is trying to get funding to build smaller stadiums at suburban grounds then it is an odd time to press the go button on this when we could be close to getting significantly more funding from the Government. If we award a contract to a builder and then pull the pin because of a change of plans, there is going to be a significant cost involved to get out of that contract.

Anyway, I'm sure the powers that be know what they are doing.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4