Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Brookvale oval surface issues.

Supreme Leader

I heard that the problem was at one end, the end Manly were defending from, evidently the grass was run barren from the amount or lack there of a defensive pattern?

Batty

I heard that the problem was at one end, the end Manly were defending from, evidently the grass was run barren from the amount or lack there of a defensive pattern?
So if Baz had more staff, the grass situation at Lottoland wouldn't be as bad....

Shoe1

They should transplant the hill grass on to the oval. It is always lush.

globaleagle

SGF0IHJ1bGVzIGFsbCE=
Staff member
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
Yes! It's terrible. Govt's should immediately step in and spend $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ on it!

Awesome!

Frogz

Premium Member
What is your address Manly will pay its home games from your backyard this year
No problem I got an acre to spare....Green green grass. No grandstand, but I can promise icy cold beer

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Staff member
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
State Trust. Make the ground a state trust so it can be properly maintained in the manner befitting a major sporting arena for the area. It's not that complicated, really.

Eagle of London

Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
So are you taking the piss that it's actually open to dog walkers during the week? I really hope so.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
Are the decks at Rat and Cromer Parks also ****-house or is it just Brookie?

47MVEagle

Cromer 1 & 2 are synthetic surface, 3-5 are grass & vary in quality.

I've played summer soccer on Rat park & it was very lush indeed. Probably helps that it isn't open to the public (& their dogs).

Eagle of London

Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
That will do me. A ground used by an NRL team is open to dog walkers during the week. Given the amount the council receives in rent that is bull****. Would love to see someone and their great Dane be allowed onto old Trafford or Arsenals the Emirates in London during the week.

davohan123

2019 Tipping Competitor
That will do me. A ground used by an NRL team is open to dog walkers during the week. Given the amount the council receives in rent that is bull****. Would love to see someone and their great Dane be allowed onto old Trafford or Arsenals the Emirates in London during the week.
Anyone from 6am to 6pm can walk on the field and use it..it is open to the public
Crazy and I agree no one in the general should really be allowed to just use it as their local dog walking patch.

davohan123

2019 Tipping Competitor
Cromer 1 & 2 are synthetic surface, 3-5 are grass & vary in quality.

I've played summer soccer on Rat park & it was very lush indeed. Probably helps that it isn't open to the public (& their dogs).
Re rat park that is what’s needed at Brookvale Oval but won’t happen.

Class of 96

Premium Member
Crikey, the pic of the field looks like one of those barren highway drop in pitches they have been using for the cricket!

Terry Zarsoff

I think it's good.
Puts pressure on the council to have it looking good by kick off for our first home game.
I imagine they are trying to push Council to stump up some money too.

Regan likes to boast that the merged Council has greater resources at its disposal, due in part to savings brought on by rationalisation of previously duplicated services.

So put some money into the Northern Beaches most famous sporting facility Mayor Regan. Or head home to Burwood or Ashfield (or wherever) where you belong - handing over the mayoral reins to someone who actually cares about the Sea Eagles and their future.

Ralphie

Premium Member
They are bloody soft. You should’ve played on Lake Park in the 1970’s, that was a surface akin to concrete.

tookey

2019 Tipping Competitor
Drove past Graham reserve and Manly oval today Both looking immaculate with full green grass cover on both

Brookie should be looking just a good with the same council looking after them all

Tragic-Eagles

Tragic
2019 Tipping Competitor
The council have s hide. They charge Merecedes Benz prices and provide a VW Beetle!

Members online

Latest posts

Top Bottom