Brookvale Centre of excellence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
They should have made some arrangements sell off squares of the old turf.

There are plenty of die hard fans/supporters who would have loved to have some of the brookie turf in the front yard.
Pet grass. Right next to the pet rock.

Interesting concept.

They should have made some arrangements sell off squares of the old turf.

There are plenty of die hard fans/supporters who would have loved to have some of the brookie turf in the front yard.
Just don’t walk on it...you don’t wanna be tearing an ACL just walking out your front door to grab the paper.

Interesting it sounds like the change rooms will be part of the centre of excellence and enter the ground via a tunnel. Im sure the players will ne happy!

Gotta love the usual fossils whinging about the "youth" being the future downfall of the still standing hill, which is still slid down by kids (kids? in 2022!?).

Shove ya culture war crap up your asses. We've all got a stadium to build but your drunk, Wormald era-never washed jersey is staggering in the way yelling the same incoherent **** on repeat since the 70's.

If the kids today are so useless I'll personally come round to your house and unplug your router and we'll see how far you get lmao, keep yelling at the clouds while the world passes by fellas 🍻

New stadium looking schmick, hope we get to watch a ball kicked and all stay away from the spicy cough this year.

Taken from another group..

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 165
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 163
Gotta love the usual fossils whinging about the "youth" being the future downfall of the still standing hill, which is still slid down by kids (kids? in 2022!?).

Shove ya culture war crap up your asses. We've all got a stadium to build but your drunk, Wormald era-never washed jersey is staggering in the way yelling the same incoherent **** on repeat since the 70's.

If the kids today are so useless I'll personally come round to your house and unplug your router and we'll see how far you get lmao, keep yelling at the clouds while the world passes by fellas 🍻

New stadium looking schmick, hope we get to watch a ball kicked and all stay away from the spicy cough this year.
I'm without question one of the old fossils you are referring to but my main issue is that I struggle to see the economic benefit of building a stadium for a venue that is used for 10 games a year and is on average only using 60% of it's capacity.

I'm a gold member at the SCG/Allianz so I stand to benefit significantly from the Allianz stadium re-build but I also strongly opposed that re-build. In saying that, I don't oppose it enough to still not visit the ground

The NRL is not a big enough sport to be supporting these stadiums that people are demanding. It is a sporting organisation that has been horribly mis-managed in the past 25 years and now expects the NSW & federal governments to pay for the grounds that the NRL will benefit from.

Contradicting myself badly in this post but bottom-line is I believe we are spending way too much public money on facilities that spend most of their lives empty. A grassy patch of turf to sit on for 80 minutes should be sufficient for most of us.

I'm without question one of the old fossils you are referring to but my main issue is that I struggle to see the economic benefit of building a stadium for a venue that is used for 10 games a year and is on average only using 60% of it's capacity.

I'm a gold member at the SCG/Allianz so I stand to benefit significantly from the Allianz stadium re-build but I also strongly opposed that re-build. In saying that, I don't oppose it enough to still not visit the ground

The NRL is not a big enough sport to be supporting these stadiums that people are demanding. It is a sporting organisation that has been horribly mis-managed in the past 25 years and now expects the NSW & federal governments to pay for the grounds that the NRL will benefit from.

Contradicting myself badly in this post but bottom-line is I believe we are spending way too much public money on facilities that spend most of their lives empty. A grassy patch of turf to sit on for 80 minutes should be sufficient for most of us.
I would like to see an eventual full rebuild go ahead, but your right Stuey, it probably doesn’t stack up economically. The only way it might be is if we:
1: Play every home game there;
2. Return to the old days of being a consistently successful club - every year, thus attracting higher average attendances;
3. Attract other codes to play more regular season games there;
4. Become a preferred venue for rep. fixtures - e.g. minor league/rugby/soccer internationals;
5. Utilise the new stands for leasable office space (possible at the S-W corner, looking at current proposals); and
6. Move the LC into the new stadium.

Point 6 could be fraught with danger (Penrith Panthers appropriating a govt grant for grass roots league ending up funding new leagues’ club car parking anyone?), so it would have to be handled well. Most people would not be keen on a leagues’ club being financed with public money to move onto public parkland.

As I keep saying, the club and Council need a Plan B, in case the big rebuild doesn’t eventuate. One where $12-15 million sees the older facilities receive a meaningful overhaul.

Last edited:
I would like to see an eventual full rebuild go ahead, but your right Stuey, it probably doesn’t stack up economically. The only way it might be is if we:
1: Play every home game there;
2. Return to the old days of being a consistently successful club - every year, thus attracting higher average attendances;
3. Attract other codes to play more regular season games there;
4. Become a preferred venue for rep. fixtures - e.g. minor league/rugby/soccer internationals;
5. Utilise the new stands for leasable office space (possible at the S-E corner, according to current proposals); and
6. Move the LC into the new stadium.

Point 6 could be fraught with danger (Penrith Panthers appropriating a govt grant for grass roots league ending up funding new leagues’ club car parking anyone?), so it would have be handled well. Most people would not be keen on a leagues’ club being financed with public money to move onto public parkland.

As I keep saying, the club and Council need a plan B, in case the big rebuild doesn’t eventuate. One where $12-15 million sees the older facilities receive a meaningful overhaul.
Always good to see your burning passion for our Legendary club feathered friend Tezza

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4