Brookvale Centre of excellence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
All non-essential construction shut down for two weeks.

I assume essential construction would include hospitals, major road and public transport projects and emergency repairs, et al.

All non-essential construction shut down for two weeks.

I assume essential construction would include hospitals, major road and public transport projects and emergency repairs, et al.
All we can do is assume! They've deliberately avoided defining who and what is essential. Which is half the reason we have so many places open and so many people going about to those various places. Like we were supposed to limit ourselves to essential shopping yet the exposure sites include places like Barbecues Galore..
'Lockdown Lite'.

Don’t shoot the messenger old son.

That restriction doesn’t come into effect until Monday, so if they get a move on for the rest of today and tomorrow, they could pull off two weeks of work in two days.

Bit disruptive for the locals, but hey if the Chinese can do it (before it falls down in a decade’s time), it’s worth a try.;)

Last edited:
From my regular source. They’re out of lockdown and have donned their tool belts. The roof structure is now taking shape:
8FC19F11-1E17-4075-BA98-6C7AB499508B.jpeg

A08DA55B-A47C-4BB0-AFC5-36CE1D1F8B00.jpeg

93D0F367-FF4A-4BD0-8BB1-F044293D8D5A.jpeg

Last edited:
Looking again at the last shot, it looks as though some of the scoreboard will be obscured from parts of the JT Stand, courtesy of the new roof.

If the ground is redeveloped in line with the latest master plan, e.g. a bigger, taller western stand, that could become quite an issues.

Looking again at the last shot, it looks as though some of the scoreboard will be obscured from parts of the JT Stand, courtesy of the new roof.

If the ground is redeveloped in line with the latest master plan, e.g. a bigger, taller western stand, that could become quite an issues.
Well you'd have to know the position in the JT stand where those pics were taken, but from those shots minus the cherry pickers I think it's all okay

A new stand would mean that the current seating in the JT stand would actually be closer to the field at the same level, so there shouldn't be an issue of a blocked scoreboard.

Is the ground getting resurfaced with this upgrade?
Now would be the ideal time to start that if they are as there won't be any games played again this season.

There needs to be a uniform stand all the way around the ground / oval. We will have one modern looking stand , then the 70's/80's looking Jane Try Stand, then the ancient looking Fulton /Menzies stand that honestly looks like they've thrown all the discarded asbestos from the northern beaches in a pile, and asked people to sit there.

Get rid of the hill. Bring us into the modern era. Make a stadium befitting concerts, soccer, union , and various other community events.

Seats all the way around, with a roof over the seating that shelters most of the seated area.

Should actually excavate undergound , and build facilities under the oval as well. Make the most of it. A proper sports science and medical facility or something.

Unfortunately the way bits and pieces are coming together as we get the scraps from Lonshanks table, it's in my opinion not better than leggo.

There needs to be a uniform stand all the way around the ground / oval. We will have one modern looking stand , then the 70's/80's looking Jane Try Stand, then the ancient looking Fulton /Menzies stand that honestly looks like they've thrown all the discarded asbestos from the northern beaches in a pile, and asked people to sit there.

Get rid of the hill. Bring us into the modern era. Make a stadium befitting concerts, soccer, union , and various other community events.

Seats all the way around, with a roof over the seating that shelters most of the seated area.

Should actually excavate undergound , and build facilities under the oval as well. Make the most of it. A proper sports science and medical facility or something.

Unfortunately the way bits and pieces are coming together as we get the scraps from Lonshanks table, it's in my opinion not better than leggo.
See post # 15.

I believe the CoE has that sports science stuff already happening, without the need for a Dr No-style underground facility, at James Bond-like franchise prices.

Last edited:
See post # 15.

I believe the CoE has that sports science stuff already happening, without the need for a Dr No-style underground facility, at James Bond-like franchise prices.
The lease on the league's club is done in the next 12-18 months so that will be gone too. Penn making a huge profit there, to this developers.

So it's the ground, and ground only. Where will.patrons congregate after games.

There needs to be a much better facility with a huge stand on the eastern side with league's club facilities underneath. And I mean new , modern facilities.

The hill side could be huge if developed properly.

Below is what we need to aim for.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4