Brookvale Centre of excellence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Anyone got access to the link

The NRL’s eyesore might be a dirty construction site right now but it’s finally giving Manly fans something to cheer about.

Dean Ritchie

2 min read

March 17, 2021 - 5:07PM

Manly's home ground is undergoing a much-needed face lift.

It might be a dirty construction site but don’t be mistaken – this is the photo Manly fans have waited 35 years to see.

The Daily Telegraph snapped these exclusive images of a $33.1 million Centre of Excellence being built at Brookvale Oval.

Lottoland’s northern hill has been demolished with work on the new high performance centre expected to be completed by September this year.

With a reduced ground capacity and existing COVID restrictions, less than 6000 fans will be permitted to attend Saturday’s match against South Sydney and for the remaining home games this season.

It will be a financially challenging season for Manly management.

The $30m Centre for Excellence is under construction on the Northern side of Brookvale Oval. Picture: Toby Zerna

The $30m Centre for Excellence is under construction on the Northern side of Brookvale Oval. Picture: Toby Zerna

“We will take a massive financial hit from the crowd constraints at Lottoland this year,” Manly chief executive Stephen Humphreys said.

“It is unavoidable short term pain that we must accept as we pursue improved comfort, convenience and facilities for everyone for the long term.

“Our members have been very understanding and supportive.

“We will manage a safe venue at Lottoland and I know our members will create a fantastic atmosphere in their support of the Sea Eagles. We certainly plan to give them plenty to cheer about throughout the year.”

The construction will impact crowd numbers in 2021, with just 6000 fans allowed at Manly home games. Picture: Toby Zerna.

The construction will impact crowd numbers in 2021, with just 6000 fans allowed at Manly home games. Picture: Toby Zerna.

Unstructured seating areas on the eastern hill will ensure COVID’s one person per two square metre rule will remain.

A large black fence will protect fans from the sizeable building site.

Fans have been waiting since the mid-1980s for some form of redevelopment at the antiquated and run-down Brookvale precinct.

The Centre of Excellence will include a 3000-seat undercover grandstand, a large translucent roof to assist with grass growth and maintenance, food and drink outlets and corporate hospitality facilities.

Manly fans have been waiting to see significant upgrades at Brookvale Oval for 35 years.

Manly fans have been waiting to see significant upgrades at Brookvale Oval for 35 years.

Manly and the NRL will continue to lobby governments for extra funds for a further redevelopment of Brookvale.

“It has been a long time coming, but it is very exciting for Sea Eagles members, corporate partners and the whole northern beaches community to now see the work underway,” Humphreys said.

“The impressive structure will begin to take shape over the coming months and we will soon have a brand new, world class facility that will serve the Sea Eagles and the broader community for decades to come.

“We are very confident that further development of Lottoland is on the horizon and we look forward to future announcements in this regard, but for now at least, we are powering ahead with this important first stage of our development plan and we are very grateful for the wonderful support of our State and Federal Governments.”

The new Centre of Excellence will include a 3000 seat grandstand.

The new Centre of Excellence will include a 3000 seat grandstand.

The Centre of Excellence will include a state-of-the-art gymnasium, men’s and women’s change rooms, hydrotherapy pools and medical and recovery facilities.

It will also house the Sea Eagles’ administration and football offices and multipurpose community and education facilities.

After a 46-4 round one loss to the Sydney Roosters, Manly has been given little chance of beating Souths this Saturday afternoon
1615976349891.png
1615976349692.png
1615976349692.png
1615976349807.png
1615976349974.png

Thanks for posting.

As always, I question the monkey typists continual need to throw insults in regarding a Manly story;

..."The NRL’s eyesore..." with the inference that it's somehow our fault... (was it an eyesore? Maybe, lol but some fans seemed to like it)

and I had a chuckle over the "exclusive telegraph photos" especially when anyone can walk in a take a pic - one of you guys do that for us here

But grumbles aside, glad to see something happening.

The CEO reminded me (through the article) that with only 6k people allowed at game, it is going to be a financial struggle this year. First round results aside, this is why I didn't mind paying the $75 for a cheap hat and thinner than usual membership card.

Can of worms time: I'm not as invested as many of you regarding 'Brookie' so I have no problems if they decide to eventually get rid of the hill to provide people with a more professional 4 sided seating arrangement.

Where's the other option - @Loobs says 'Rat Park?' . . . . . . !!!!!

Thanks for posting.

As always, I question the monkey typists continual need to throw insults in regarding a Manly story;

..."The NRL’s eyesore..." with the inference that it's somehow our fault... (was it an eyesore? Maybe, lol but some fans seemed to like it)

and I had a chuckle over the "exclusive telegraph photos" especially when anyone can walk in a take a pic - one of you guys do that for us here

But grumbles aside, glad to see something happening.

The CEO reminded me (through the article) that with only 6k people allowed at game, it is going to be a financial struggle this year. First round results aside, this is why I didn't mind paying the $75 for a cheap hat and thinner than usual membership card.

Can of worms time: I'm not as invested as many of you regarding 'Brookie' so I have no problems if they decide to eventually get rid of the hill to provide people with a more professional 4 sided seating arrangement.

Where's the other option @Loobs says 'Rat Park?' . . . . . . !!!!!
Apparently the illuminati were so against Rat Park, they unleashed a global pandemic on us which forced Rat Park to be used as a covid testing clinic. Well played crab people!

We would be lucky to get more than 10k this year in crowds so not much difference.
Maybe Parker, Croker and Garrick have a large extended family that live in the area and enjoy hanging out near construction zones hence why they keep getting selected

'Exclusive photos' .. :rolleyes:

I've been seeing these photos & video's on Facebook for weeks now. Brookie isn't exactly restricted access.
Pull ya head in DT..

Even though the article states that crowds at Brookie will be capped @ 6000 I’m sure it won’t stop the same writer and publication dining out on future stories about our poor home crowds.
“Sea Eagles faithful desert Fortress!”

Even though the article states that crowds at Brookie will be capped @ 6000 I’m sure it won’t stop the same writer and publication dining out on future stories about our poor home crowds.
“Sea Eagles faithful desert Fortress!”

Probably not (journos blow) - though from reading these threads, it's not as if everyone is bursting at the seams to go and watch either.

Proof/pudding/gameday I s'pose.

'Exclusive photos' .. :rolleyes:

I've been seeing these photos & video's on Facebook for weeks now. Brookie isn't exactly restricted access.
Pull ya head in DT..
Notice how all the stories about that yob from Cronulla are more about DCE defending him. Media = ****.

Last edited:
Apparently a multi-level stand joining the two older ones didn’t constitute a major upgrade in Dean’s eyes.

Nor did an extension to the Jane Try or new facilities behind said stand.

Or TV standard lighting.

Lazy stuff.

Borrowed from another forum in another place:
5B1DBB88-19CB-447D-8AE8-FD657E62B887.jpeg

CC953A9B-BC4F-4DC7-B945-9CFAAC55E08A.jpeg

Looks like the lower seating in the new stand will have a fairly steep raking. Unlike the artists’ impressions.

Some weeks ago:
D2F45C0F-4939-4EEF-9CF4-49DBD8C0E62D.jpeg

The last day or so. Really starting to look impressive. The stand’s roof will be at the same height as the top of the scoreboard. The roof will reach right out to the new boundary fence, which will be 3.5m closer to the dead ball line than previously (which will still be compliant with RL playing surface guidelines):
1E8D8FA4-692B-48E2-B0E2-BD9B2E5C67BF.jpeg

A c.2010 master plan, some of which was realised, like the northerly extension of the JT stand. Notice too the stand extensions (the salmon-coloured bits) towards the playing surface; the new rooflines on the older stands; the sizeable extensions at the rear of the stands and the hill stand, which maintains some hill:
B290B27E-9BF7-446C-A01D-22CB39674620.jpeg

A link to the current master plan plus a screenshot:
CA6BCE27-BE54-4260-BA62-0532CD65742F.png

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7