Brookie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

gotsy

Reserve Grader
What do you think of Brookvale Oval. Does it need upgrading, such as new lights, maybe a new grandstand or even a whole new structure. I think there is only one thing which needs to be upgraded. The lights we have are BAD. Lets gets some new ones and host a few more night games. What do you think???
<span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited ]</span>

I agree. Have said the same thing in another thread.

Unfortunately there is not the pressure of a marginal seat to get the politicians interested, the local council has other priorities and Manly needs to spend its own money to ensure long term survival.

It is a pity as in a RLW survey in the 70s Brookie Oval was rated the number ground but it doesn't come a bull's roar of that now, as much as I love the place as it is our home.

Lights should be a number 1 priority but the local residents don't like it too much and whinge to the council apparently.

Funny as I grew up in a country town with better lighting than Brookie and the residents there never seemed to mind too much.

Lights are a must - more advanced grandstands would be nice - but realistically the most you will get it another on the northern side of jane try i think

I dont care as long as they never get rid of the Seats around the fence, the Hill and the beer shed.

Viva the hill!

i have no problem with the ground itself, its clean, sloid ( as in not falling apart) and the atmosphere when full is awesome! Yeah it could do with some lights if we want night games, but who wants night games ? Footy is sunday arvo!

I wouldnt mind a saturday night game so I could hit the turps afterwards in a euphoric state after thrashing a team

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6