Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Brookie

gotsy

What do you think of Brookvale Oval. Does it need upgrading, such as new lights, maybe a new grandstand or even a whole new structure. I think there is only one thing which needs to be upgraded. The lights we have are BAD. Lets gets some new ones and host a few more night games. What do you think???
<span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited ]</span>

Canteen Worker

I agree. Have said the same thing in another thread.

Unfortunately there is not the pressure of a marginal seat to get the politicians interested, the local council has other priorities and Manly needs to spend its own money to ensure long term survival.

It is a pity as in a RLW survey in the 70s Brookie Oval was rated the number ground but it doesn't come a bull's roar of that now, as much as I love the place as it is our home.

Lights should be a number 1 priority but the local residents don't like it too much and whinge to the council apparently.

Funny as I grew up in a country town with better lighting than Brookie and the residents there never seemed to mind too much.

Fluffy

Lights are a must - more advanced grandstands would be nice - but realistically the most you will get it another on the northern side of jane try i think

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
2018 Tipping Competitor
2019 Tipping Competitor
I dont care as long as they never get rid of the Seats around the fence, the Hill and the beer shed.

Viva the hill!

PEPSI

i have no problem with the ground itself, its clean, sloid ( as in not falling apart) and the atmosphere when full is awesome! Yeah it could do with some lights if we want night games, but who wants night games ? Footy is sunday arvo!

The Wheel

https://membership.seaeagles.com.au/
Premium Member
2019 Tipping Competitor
There are not many hills left it must stay.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
2018 Tipping Competitor
2019 Tipping Competitor
I wouldnt mind a saturday night game so I could hit the turps afterwards in a euphoric state after thrashing a team

Fluffy

I totally agree dan, also gives me more time to recover before work

Top Bottom