Brookie redevelopment news from launch

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The hill needs some paths, especially at the back to the toilets, how the council did not spend the money on this already I don't know.

The hill needs some paths, especially at the back to the toilets, how the council did not spend the money on this already I don't know.
I love the hill for the atmosphere not the actual grass. The atmosphere will still be there though because it's people that bring atmosphere. So long as its close in and well tiered i'll be very happy.

The simple fact is we need something to ensure the precious ones turn up for games when the weather isn't perfect. We need better crowd numbers to ensure commercial viability. More money means better training facilities to keep players happy and recruit and retain.

Players consider these things when they are looking at clubs. We have a tiny football department. A mate worked in there for years and its like an amateur footy club. Its actually embarrassing compared to afl. It's no longer enough to just spend the cap money given to us by the nrl from TV we need to start attracting good 3rd parties so we can compete with clubs trying to poach our players. I Want a successful manly so we need to get with the times and have a facility we can be proud of and gets regular attendance of at least 15k.

Then maybe I won't have to cross the bridge for finals

Part of the attraction for the hill is the average punter can pay $25 to get a GA ticket and have a view between the 40m lines as good as anything you will see at any other stadium

Is that average punter still going to turn up, when for that same view he is needing to pay $50+, or still pay his $25 for a crap view behind the sticks ?

Part of the attraction for the hill is the average punter can pay $25 to get a GA ticket and have a view between the 40m lines as good as anything you will see at any other stadium

Is that average punter still going to turn up, when for that same view he is needing to pay $50+, or still pay his $25 for a crap view behind the sticks ?
yep and you also have to deal with a lot of inconsiderate fwits who think having kids means they are above everyone and can do what they want or sit on top of you when they turn up late. including having their kids run all over people. Both situations have pros and cons. As much as I love it the hill can give me the ****s as well

I think home games at Brookie are a thing of the past, as are for most Sydney clubs who don't have Allianz or ANZ Stadium as a base.
If we had a modern stadium I reckon the nrl would class it as a regional stadium and we could petition for a true home final

yep and you also have to deal with a lot of inconsiderate fwits who think having kids means they are above everyone and can do what they want or sit on top of you when they turn up late. including having their kids run all over people. Both situations have pros and cons. As much as I love it the hill can give me the ****s as well

You can choose to sit in the stands, this is the great thing about offering up the hill on one side and stands elsewhere, everyone can find something that they prefer.

Having tried to book group tickets before to have about 50 footy friend sit togther at a stadium I can tell you it is near on impossible and without a core group together you loose the atmosphere.

Exactly as Fluffy said. The atmosphere will be dead as season ticket holders will not be able to sit with their mates who aren't. The groups that bring the noise will be split up and occasionals that are up for a bit of a fire up won't be able to get amongst it,

I don;t care what anyone says, watching football is not a sitting down thing. You need to pace and jump up, sometimes walk away before you start something you don't want to. Being trapped in an uncomfortable little seat just ruins it.

You could have exactly the same stadium but with a hill on the Eastern side underneath the corporates. It gives people a choice. Isn't that the best way to cater for greater numbers?

(For the record Fluff. Yes all Christians are paedos and all muslims are terrorists. If they didn't want those badges they'd disassociate themselves with the organization that casts them in that light.)

I have sat on the Hill over the past 50 seasons and love it. But I'll support any redevelopment if it means the Mighty Sea Eagles stay at Brookie.
Congratulations to the club for keeping the redevelopment dream alive.

The point that a few of us are making is just because words like redevelopment and modern are being used, that doesn't mean that the word hill is out of the question. It just requires a bit of original thought. A compromise can be met to suit everyone, not just those that want to plonk their clacker in a seat and be entertained.

Gents I think you missed my broader point. I still sit on the hill and that bit was a minor gripe. If you read my earlier post it was more about that we need this as a club

sorry about that

The point that a few of us are making is just because words like redevelopment and modern are being used, that doesn't mean that the word hill is out of the question. It just requires a bit of original thought. A compromise can be met to suit everyone, not just those that want to plonk their clacker in a seat and be entertained.
the problem duff is that with limited space you can't tier a hill the way you can a stand with steps. There are Australian standards on gradient. We prob wouldn't be allowed to build what we currently have and I think we'd struggle with 25k with a hill. Look at how close you feel at Allianz because of the way its tiered. You also always feel like you're close to the action. It's too big for most games but a smaller echoey version would be real good with a loud crowd. we still bring the atmosphere in supporter stands. All you'd do to keep your 50 mates or whatever together is change ticketing options. e.g. organise a silvertails supporters bay etc. so that people can book in the same bays. There are ways around these things.

Long term though for the future of the club I think this is an important step.

If we had a modern stadium I reckon the nrl would class it as a regional stadium and we could petition for a true home final
Maybe, but it depends on who we play in the finals, if it's the Cowboys or Warriors, Raiders,then maybe, but anyone else, I'm sure the NRL would want Allianz or ANZ.

I'm sad that Lurker won't think of the children. The children are the future of our mighty club ;)

It's strange that the "big redevelopment news" is not splashed all over the official Manly Sea Eagle site. I can't find a mention of it.
As stated in earlier posts, the information seems to resemble those too-good-to-believe announcements that politicians make before every election.
I hope I'm wrong, but politicians have made me super cynical over the years.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6