Bronson Xerri: Ban over. Off to Dogs?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Banned NRL star Bronson Xerri says his doping suspension is “not what everyone thinks” as a report revealed he faces crushing news this week.

Banned Sharks star Bronson Xerri has suggested his doping case “is not what everyone thinks” as he spoke publicly for the first time on Wednesday.

The 20-year-old is still waiting to hear the verdict from the NRL Appeals Tribunal hearing which concluded in February after he made a last-hope move to save his career by appealing a provisional four-year suspension.

He told Channel 9 News the background to his provisional doping is not what many have speculated it to be.

“It was a very tough situation. My mental health wasn’t good at the time,” he said.

“It’s not what everyone thinks it is. I made a mistake, and now I have to pay the consequences.”

He said no representative from the NRL has reached out to him since the ban was first enforced.

Suspended Sharks star Bronson Xerri hasn’t closed the book on returning to the NRL one day — although, he admits he hasn’t “touched a football” since being banned last year.
The 20-year-old centre was stood down last May, after returning a positive test to anabolic steroids. A B-sample confirmed his positive result four months later in September.

But in his first interview since being stood down, Xerri said that he was trying to stay resilient and wanted to make his family proud again one day.

“I’m only 20 years old, so whatever time I get, I know I’m going to put my best foot forward,” Xerri told Nine News.

Cronulla Sharks centre Bronson Xerri has officially been given a four-year suspension by the NRL Anti-Doping Tribunal.

Xerri will be unable to play in the NRL until his suspension expires on November 25, 2023, after he tested positive for the presence of exogenous testosterone, and its metabolites Androsterone, Etiocholanolone and 5b-androstane-3a, 17b-diol.

The backdated (sigh) ban will allow Xerri to have a full pre-season before he attempts a comeback in the 2024 season. He will be 23 when his suspension finishes.

Cronulla Sharks centre Bronson Xerri has officially been given a four-year suspension by the NRL Anti-Doping Tribunal.

Xerri will be unable to play in the NRL until his suspension expires on November 25, 2023, after he tested positive for the presence of exogenous testosterone, and its metabolites Androsterone, Etiocholanolone and 5b-androstane-3a, 17b-diol.

The backdated (sigh) ban will allow Xerri to have a full pre-season before he attempts a comeback in the 2024 season. He will be 23 when his suspension finishes.
I still don't get why a 20 year old that is most likely lifting and working out a lot, out of everything you can take, took testosterone. Should be oozing out of your pores at that age.

I guess poor Bronson must really like his soy lattes...

I still don't get why a 20 year old that is most likely lifting and working out a lot, out of everything you can take, took testosterone. Should be oozing out of your pores at that age.

You can always be better and bigger......

Yep. 20 years old.

I was scared of no man and very few women. :D

Allegedly took it to speed up injury recovery. That's the standard excuse most of these guys use.

Funny how last night on NRL 360 they were saying that he's young enough to maybe come back, he's a great athlete etc.
Maybe he was a great athlete because he was on the juice.
Performance enhancing drugs seem to be not looked on as harshly in team sports by the media etc whereas if he was cokehead they'd say how much of a bad influence he is to the kids.

Funny how last night on NRL 360 they were saying that he's young enough to maybe come back, he's a great athlete etc.
Performance enhancing drugs seem to be not looked on as harshly in team sports by the media etc whereas if he was cokehead they'd say how much of a bad influence he is to the kids.
Exactly. There is also the fact that by cheating he is taking the position of someone who is playing by the rules but isn't as good as the enhanced Bronson.

The only road to redemption for me is if he comes out and says Gallen pressured him to take them @:D

I'm guessing he won't have to worry about being tested by ASADA during his break and will be stronger and faster than ever before.
Just heard he's changed his name to Steve Austin

I don't think many people really care about coke any more. I remember when Sailor got done and he got a full year ban for cocaine, it seems just completely alien to me that it could happen now. The whole league does it, and if you're caught with it, it's only acted on when clubs want to get rid of them without paying them out. A certain winger with questionable ball control comes to mind.

The steroids thing/performance enhancers thing is totally out of hand as well, I don't believe for a second that sports that used to have their elite players finished by age 33 15 years ago suddenly have a considerable number of players over 35 enjoying a late career renaissance. People didn't suddenly start taking nutrition and training more seriously to get those gains.

All that said - Xerri should swallow his medicine and keep his mouth shut. He can still have a lengthy career in the NRL, provided, as you said, that he wasn't merely a great athlete because he was juicing.

Hate to say it but I'm kind of expecting our management to sign him for the next two years whilst he is out ,just to take up more cap on another stagnant useless player @:D@:D

Suspended NRL player Bronson Xerri has set himself a new sporting challenge while he serves out his four-year doping ban: he wants to try and make it in the NFL.

Xerri has taken small steps towards that goal, touching base with at least one player agent with connections in the sport. Pacific Sports Management – the company that set another former Sharks star, Valentine Holmes, on his way to the US to try his hand at American football – will need to play a key role in his attempt to make it. The boss of that company, Chris Orr, is aware of Xerri’s desire to try to make it in the US.

His ban covers sports that are signatories to the World Anti-Doping Authority, but the NFL is not bound by the WADA code, meaning Xerri is free to try his hand at American football.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4