Broncos versus Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Ok, with State of Origin around the corner, stars will be out next Monday. Here are the players that in my opinion will be out with rep duties / injured and/or suspended for the Monday fixture for both teams:-

BRISBANE

01. Karmicheal Hunt
03. Justin Hodges
04. Brent Tate
06. Darren Lockyer
08. Petro Civeneceva
09. Saun Berrigan
10. Sam Thaiday
13. Tony Carroll

15. Dane Carlaw

MANLY

03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon
10. Brent Kite
12. Steve Menzies

Based on this - we should win considerring we have had Menzies and Matai out all year already, so really - we are 2 players down only compared to The Broncos plethora. My Manly team for this week would be:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Michael Robertson
03. Chris Hicks
04. Steven Bell
05. Michael Bani
06. Travis Burns
07. Matt Orford
08. Jason King
09. Michael Monaghan
10. Glenn Hall
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Luke Williamson
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Matt Ballin
15. George Rose
16. Mark Bryant
17. Adam Cuthbertson

I think this is very, very winnable - even though we have been The Broncos bitch in the past 3-4 years (aside from field goal game at Brooky Monnas scores in 05).

looks pretty spot on Ryno, the only possible option that Des may throw in is Ballin starting with Monaghs to 5/8 and burns to bench. But thats your 17 anyway. We will be expected to win well.

Their team will be something like:-

1. Darius Boyd
2. Tame Topou
3. Joel Moon
4. David Stagg
5. Steve Michaels
6. Brent Mcconnell
7. Shane Perry
8. Nick Kenny
9. Michael Ennis
10. Ben Hannant
11. Brad Thorn
12. Corey Parker
13. Greg Eatwood

14. Ian Lacey
15. Andrew Lomu
16. Dave Taylor

Then a neville out of the Aspley Broncos to fill that last spot.

Knowing Des NBQ will be a centre or winger with no Bani.

However Ryan has the team I would pick!!!!

Geez, that team from the bronc's is crap.

I hope this doesn't get the "baby bronco" smell about it.. who was it wests???

Koala's not a bad player. Not inspirational, but a wingers version of Willow. No mistake, tries hard, worker type. He won't let us down IMO.

Geez, that team from the bronc's is crap.

I hope this doesn't get the \"baby bronco\" smell about it.. who was it wests???

Our concern IMO is their backrow. It can dominate anyone...even without Carroll or Thaiday.

[quote author=Garts]

Koala's not a bad player. Not inspirational, but a wingers version of Willow. No mistake, tries hard, worker type. He won't let us down IMO.
[/quote]

Agree but I want to see Bani in top company but we wont, I guess he is pretty raw still and the coaching staff know more than me.

I don't think Tupou will be there for the Broncos, hasn't he gone to England.

Dont the broncos, normally come out & do some arse smacking ,when they side young or average teams at origin time ?????, Hopefully not this year !,seeing they are now one of the ****test bronco teams in years..

It looks as though bani was injured on Friday night, Sean Meaney was man of the macth so he might be a chance on the wing.

If Des is picking the side then halden will probably be on the wing

On the other hand if Ryan is pickicing the team then uthbo will be on the wing.

Give the local junior a go, Meaney all the way

(tho hopefully Matai gets off)

That was correct re Tupou, got sick of not being picked so headed over to England, Warrington it may have been

Apparently Junior Ahio had a big game in P/L - could he be a smokey. Knowing Des he will include Dunely on the wing

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4