Broncos team v Manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fri night 40000 Bronc fans and the pressure is on them. Prince always plays well against us I think we are in for a tough night. Broncos by 10.

Isn't The Snake going to be out as well with a hamstring injury?

If so both Stewart's out King and Wolfie that would be a tough ask for us to beat the Bronco's.

Hiku has to be our first back to call on if someone is out injured IMO. Was thoroughly impressed with him in the trials and preseason.

mickqld said:
Fri night 40000 Bronc fans and the pressure is on them. Prince always plays well against us I think we are in for a tough night. Broncos by 10.

He,s back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr positive himself, we are sure to win now

Stevo said:
1. Stewart
2. Taufua
3. Matai
4. Lyon
5. Hiku. Don't think Wolf is fit.
6. Foran
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Kite
9. Ballin
10. King
11. Watmough
12. Horo
13. Guluvao

14. Buhrer
15. Fa'aoso
16. Lawrence - Reckon they'll use him in both front and second row rotation.
17. Rose

I like this side. I would put buhrer in for gift, and that way there use lawrence as a utlility. I would also consider chee kam.

yup, now we have a bit more utility option, i'd love to see Buhrer given a chance to stay in one position, poor guy was all over the shop last year, a bit more settled and i think we'll see that potential we all know is there really shine. He will have a fight on his hands though, I think he deserves first crack at it.

Bronc's always start the season well; I would have been happier with our usual May round 10 appearance at Lang Park once the gloss has worn off for the Bronco's.

This will be tough to win.

mickqld said:
Last time we played them in Brisbane their 40000 fans did not scare us and we gave it to them. Manly by 20 :D

If Brett is out as well as gift they will get us. If brett plays it is even money.They are normally hot early but there is a definite doubt about their ability to score points.

One thing we know for sure is that a hamstring ""twinge" at Manly normally means 6 weeks out so I wont be holding my breath about the snake playing.

susan said:
If Brett is out as well as gift they will get us. If brett plays it is even money.They are normally hot early but there is a definite doubt about their ability to score points.

One thing we know for sure is that a hamstring ""twinge" at Manly normally means 6 weeks out so I wont be holding my breath about the snake playing.
The snake will be a big loss but we have other big name world class players playing . Lyon , Foran , Watmough, and the rest . Never fear the Mighty Sea eagles are here :D

Will be a tough one to win if King and Snake are out in addition to already losing Gifty even with our good recent record up at Suncorp. Last few seasons the Bronco's have started with a bang for 1st 8 to 10 rounds and can't see any reason for it to be different this year.

I'd say I'm more hopeful than confident about this result going in our favour but as has been mentioned before you can never count us out!!!

I guess it's Tuesday before we find out, which suggests to me we have some injuries.

The Broncos have fair side, good ( not great) forward pack, as yet untried halves some rookie wingers, full back who's hot and cold with their only real strike power Hodges / Reed.

We are likely to be fielding some new forwards, have a tried and proven halves combination and could also be fielding some rookie wingers and possibly a stop gap full back ( would Tooves go with Farrer????).

It's not the start we would like either away from home.

Gee I am starting to sound like Mick now!

susan said:

I don't understand all this damn cloak and dagger business over injuries. Just let us know how long they expect to be out please. It doesn't advantage us over opposition it just annoys the crap out of supporters. If its 6 weeks then so be it. What, are they worried we're all going to start slashing wrists or something.

Mark from Brisbane said:
I guess it's Tuesday before we find out, which suggests to me we have some injuries.

The Broncos have fair side, good ( not great) forward pack, as yet untried halves some rookie wingers, full back who's hot and cold with their only real strike power Hodges / Reed.

We are likely to be fielding some new forwards, have a tried and proven halves combination and could also be fielding some rookie wingers and possibly a stop gap full back ( would Tooves go with Farrer????).

It's not the start we would like either away from home.

Gee I am starting to sound like Mick now!
We have some very promising new players this year and it is an opportunity for them to shine and add enthusiasm to our team . I think its an exciting start for us .

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6