Broncos game moved to Brooky

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Fluffy

Journey Man
From Admin at MSE and sticky

The NRL will be making an official announcement later today, but the game scheduled for Suncorp Stadium, Monday 21 May 2007 will be played AT BROOKVALE

My guess would be we are swapping but that was all the info they gave.

I cant see any team giving up the income from a home game.

If it is swapped i would consider it a poor descision from manly management as now we get teh short straw

If it is swapped i would consider it a poor descision from manly management as now we get teh short straw

I agree. Who is going to want to come to Brookie on a Monday night through all the traffic?

It could be a "given" game. I was wondering why they were scheduling a game on Monday at Suncorp when the SOO game would be at the same venue 48 hours later. Maybe a revenue sharing deal has been done.

This has the potential to upset a few people.

For the Manlys fans outside of Sydney/Brisbane, this could have been marked in a long time ago as a great trip, Manly at Suncorp then Origin a few days later.

Personally, that had a huge amount of lure for me, and i would be all booked in by now had work commintments not prevented me from going over. I would be ropable if i had everything booked

the monday game was only scheduled recently so that argument doesnt really hold water.

Monday night at Brookvale is crazy. Have a look at the crowds and when they come. Saturday arvo, night and especially sunday arvo. I live on the south side so me and my tribe can't make it. We'll watch it on telly.

WHAT A BUNCH OF ****ING LITTLE SISSY GIRLS. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE ****ING JOKING.

The reason the Broncos don't want the game is because before the Origin they don't think they will pull a good crowd considering the players who will be out.

OH LIKE ITS SO MUCH EASIER FOR MANLY TO COP THE FINANCIAL SHORT FALL.

BRONCOS YOU ARE A ****ING DISGRACE TO HUMANITY!!!

the monday game was only scheduled recently so that argument doesnt really hold water.

Not really, because for people serious about the trip accomodation and travel plans would be set well in advance

thats my point exactly KE, they wouldnt have been able to plan for the Monday night before the last week or so, Origin sold out as soon as they went on sale.

The day of the game wouldnt have mattered if i had booked something long ago. The draw for the season come out months ago, and people oculd have easily booked a friday-thursday trip to Brisbane to accomodate both games and sightseeing etc. The people that were onto it and booked early, securing an origin ticket thinking the Manly game was a given to be in Brisbane, could possibly now have that taken from them.

All hypothetical, but not good even if it is only 5-10 Manly fans that have been shafted

Origin sold out as soon as they went on sale.

Not true, Manly had arranged a package deal including accomdation and game tix. Our airline tickets had been booked assuming a weekend Manly game and returning home on Thursday after the SOO.

Manly management have a lot to answer for, not because a few fans have been shafted with their travel plans and buying non refundable cheap air tickets but rather the loss of revenue for giving away lost revenue from gate receipts. A monday night crowd at Brookvale will be lucky to draw half what a Sunday afternoon game against the Bronco's would have drawn.

Despite all the praise that has been heaped on Grant Mayer from many supporters I am yet to see anything positive from him (despite occasional fluff pieces on MSE).

We have lost a major sponsor which has yet to be replaced,

He was unable to succefully negotiate with Paul Cummins to keep the leagues club grant at previous levels (I do admit however that Cummins is one toughed arse negotiater) and Mayer would not have been the first that he rolled.

He has agreed to this change of venues

Overseeing the total stuff up membership and season ticket renewals & distribution.

Mr Mayer, you owe the stakeholders of the Manly Football Club an explanation.

The day of the game wouldnt have mattered if i had booked something long ago. The draw for the season come out months ago, and people oculd have easily booked a friday-thursday trip to Brisbane to accomodate both games and sightseeing etc. The people that were onto it and booked early, securing an origin ticket thinking the Manly game was a given to be in Brisbane, could possibly now have that taken from them.

All hypothetical, but not good even if it is only 5-10 Manly fans that have been shafted

Not debating fans have been screwed, I am actually on the Gold Coast for a holiday that weekend and was planning on going to the game, but it was only a bonus that it was that weekend.

That means instead of seeing a game vs the broncos in August where both teams would have been at full strength we now see a game on a Monday night with both teams missing their SOO players.

Great. Deadwood versus some no name dickhead prop from QLD.

[quote author=Fro]
Origin sold out as soon as they went on sale.

Not true, Manly had arranged a package deal including accomdation and game tix. Our airline tickets had been booked assuming a weekend Manly game and returning home on Thursday after the SOO.

Manly management have a lot to answer for, not because a few fans have been shafted with their travel plans and buying non refundable cheap air tickets but rather the loss of revenue for giving away lost revenue from gate receipts. A monday night crowd at Brookvale will be lucky to draw half what a Sunday afternoon game against the Bronco's would have drawn.

Despite all the praise that has been heaped on Grant Mayer from many supporters I am yet to see anything positive from him (despite occasional fluff pieces on MSE).

We have lost a major sponsor which has yet to be replaced,

He was unable to succefully negotiate with Paul Cummins to keep the leagues club grant at previous levels (I do admit however that Cummins is one toughed arse negotiater) and Mayer would not have been the first that he rolled.

He has agreed to this change of venues

Overseeing the total stuff up membership and season ticket renewals & distribution.

Mr Mayer, you owe the stakeholders of the Manly Football Club an explanation.

[/quote]

Totally agree Pete. I have also been waiting to hear some positive news from Mayer, apart from the odd email on MSE. The only bit of news that has been positive was the "Brookie going Green", which was good publicity for a couple of weeks and we may have managed to sell a couple of green jumpers. I am more concerned with the lack of sponsors signing on. Its been over a month since QLD Group pulled out and Max Delmege has always said he will give up the major sponsors label on the jersey, if Manly can come up with another major sponsor.
The membership debacle, now this stuff up. I almost put my hand in my pocket to make the 2 game trip to QLD. I hope we hear some real explanations on this switch, not some politician's spin.

Thank god the team is going great guns.

Jamesie

Well there is some irony here.

All those who were bagging the Donkeys yesterday, now all the whining here , the ****e is on the other foot.

I agree though, either we get both games or we've been shafted. If this was done for financial reasons, we're in worse shape than anyone here realised.

Let's hope some of the big local companies like Fuji, Wormald, Pirelli etc jump (back) on board.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2