Broncos game moved to Brooky

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
On the issue of sponsorship, there are a number of new sponsors signing up to minor type sponsorships. It could be said that they're testing the water before committing to larger things.

Brisbane and Manly have switched venues for their two clashes this season. The switch will protect the first clash from becoming a bummer in terms of crowd attendance and keep the Suncorp Stadium surface in pristine condition for State of Origin I on May 23. The Broncos and Sea Eagles were going to play Monday Night Football at Suncorp on May 21, but that game will now be moved to Brookvale Oval. The Broncos will obviously be way down on full strength, contributing numerous players to the Queensland side. The round-21 game, previously listed at Brookvale, will now go to Suncorp.

What about all the people enticed to purchasing the club's Super 6 and Fantatstic 4 packages which included the Broncos game in Round 21?

I said that we would end up with a handful of Sunday games after the lights went in and it was the single reason I didn't buy a season ticket and opted for a 6 game pass. The round 21 game was obviously a season highlight for any Manly fan and that has been taken away.

I think this is a very poor decision. Corso Pete is right in that fans have been making plans for that week for months on the main site. I am at a loss to understand what the hell is the thinking behind this change.

[quote author=Fro]
Origin sold out as soon as they went on sale.

Not true, Manly had arranged a package deal including accomdation and game tix. Our airline tickets had been booked assuming a weekend Manly game and returning home on Thursday after the SOO.

Manly management have a lot to answer for, not because a few fans have been shafted with their travel plans and buying non refundable cheap air tickets but rather the loss of revenue for giving away lost revenue from gate receipts. A monday night crowd at Brookvale will be lucky to draw half what a Sunday afternoon game against the Bronco's would have drawn.

Despite all the praise that has been heaped on Grant Mayer from many supporters I am yet to see anything positive from him (despite occasional fluff pieces on MSE).

We have lost a major sponsor which has yet to be replaced,

He was unable to succefully negotiate with Paul Cummins to keep the leagues club grant at previous levels (I do admit however that Cummins is one toughed arse negotiater) and Mayer would not have been the first that he rolled.

He has agreed to this change of venues

Overseeing the total stuff up membership and season ticket renewals & distribution.

Mr Mayer, you owe the stakeholders of the Manly Football Club an explanation.

[/quote]

Exactly!

Bruno Cullen is quoted as saying it will be like a "reserve grade match" and they were worried about getting the crowds. Since when should our club **** over all of their supporters who have made plans to see the game, just so the Broncos don't do it tough for one week of the season.

Broncos... :violin:

This is ****en ****

Manly fans with plans get shafted.
We get a second rate game.
We now have 6 games away from home in a row heading into finals time so we will struggle to get momentum
Why bother paying membership? Crowds will be down 10K which is circa $200,000 loss of income

Our sponsors probably missed out on a FNF game too

Fluffy, once again the darlings of the NRL get there way.

Its even more frustrating when you have to live near it. I cannot possible explain how much the broncos think everything should go there way. Obviously the NRL do as well.

What I want to know is whether our club was the first to toss up the change on venue. That would really piss me off.

I agree with you lot this stinks something bad. What I don't understand is why didn't they rearrange the match so that we played on friday night as opposed to monday. Surely that would have been far more logical than swapping venues?

Because the main concern from the broncos was the number of players out. One thing we need to understand is that Brisbane supporters do not show up if they don't think they will win.

Most are a very fickle supporters base.

Yeah that is ****ed!!

I was a bit **** off that the game was a monday night but i was still going to go.. even if it was two depleted sides. I already have my ticket for the origin opener and would have backed up 2 days later for it too. This is so ****.

The worst part is the 6 away games at the back end of the season.

****in broncos and sometimes i actually wonder why i hate those limey ****s

There is an open letter on MSE addressed to the fans from Grant Meyer.

This line is the only saving grace and it better be a lot.

"For the club, it would be fair to say that the commercial terms are exceptionally favourable to the Sea Eagles and the offer does not solely rely on the size of the crowd on the night."

It would want to be because there won't be many Manly fans at brookie especially if it is a wet night.

Once again money talks and fans can get stuffed.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7