Broncos' Dessie Bid

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bones

Bones Knows
RLW The Mole Sept 19

Now the Bulldogs season is over, I can reveal that the Broncos made a shock bid to snatch their coach, Des Hasler, for 2014. Broncos officials made a secret offer to poach the highly-regarded Hasler to replace struggling Anthony Griffin mid-season. The move happened at about the same time CEO Todd Greenberg announced he was leaving Belmore to join the NRL as Head Of Football. The Broncos got Hasler at a vulnerable time because he was upset about Greenberg's decision to leave. And they got extremely close. The approach came through a third party with the Broncos even prepared to top his $1 million-a-year deal with the Dogs. The two-time premiership-winning mentor eventually knocked the offer back and is committed too seeing out his four year deal at Canterbury.

The 'challenge' is getting to the Son of Sam:p

Sabco could be back, if the Integrity Unit lifted the carpet, so no need to go north:cool:

They certainly are getting desperate up here, 5 years of little success is starting to bite.

If love to see des leave the dogs and take over from Daley as NSW coach. He should of got the Australian job instead of sheens.

It was a low act what he did when he left but he is a great coach and deserves a chance at rep coaching

CAMBO said:
If love to see des leave the dogs and take over from Daley as NSW coach. He should of got the Australian job instead of sheens.

It was a low act what he did when he left but he is a great coach and deserves a chance at rep coaching

I agree 100% Cambo. I always said that when he was at Manly and nothing has changed. I think Des would kill it in Origin.

If he does that I might have to start going for Qld. Not sure I could go for a Des coached team again. He makes it sooo easy to hate the dogs atm.

I wouldn't want Des back. When I first heard he was leaving my attitude was oh well you've given us 2 premierships and turned us into a powerhouse, and I can understand the internal friction wearing you down. (although it was disappointing that we'd barely gotten over hangovers from 2011 GF to hear our coach was off)

However, then when he basically tried to rip the club apart by trying to take everything including the kitchen sink......I'd had enough.

I believe the NRL has an 'integrity officer'. Who is it? I don't know, but whoever it is, has no integrity. It's so sad to see what might have been a decent Organisation go down the drain so quickly after a deliverance from News Ltd. unfortunately it seems that weak leadership is going to sink the ship. Maybe the issue is to many old hangers-on from the past rubbish.

Wasn't this same article published several times in regards to Hasler with different team names as current club and poaching club back in 2010 and 2011?

Funny though, shows you can buy a successful coach, but you can't buy a culture

I am obviously no fan of the Bulldogs or Hasler, and would find it very funny if he screwed over the dogs. But having said that, who the hell do the Broncos think they are? They seem to believe that just because they have a poor season they can have who they want when they want. I don't for a second believe high profile QLD players keep going to them because they are 'home sick', they target QLD players offer them more money and the excuses are made up later. I hope Barba is a bust for them and they miss out on everyone else! I am also glad Des turned them down and is actually honouring this contract.

The sooner a second Brisbane team in introduced and can start chipping away at the Broncos monopoly up there the better.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6