Broncos "apology"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Tom should have just done a Slater and stuck his boot out towards Mead's head to stop himself from being tackled in the air. Slater has proven that that is an acceptable thing to do. He even gets a penalty when he does that too.

I was at Suncorp in 2011 when Kitey got knocked out.

As he was being carried off, the whole crowd booed @:mad:

I couldn't believe it, total lack of empathy for an injured human being.:confused:

Brookie Fans always clap off an injured opponent, there has never been a Team that we have not done this for :nod:

GreenTURD, time to stand up and address this issue or is it one rule applies to some and F#$% Manly?
The rule should be changed for player safety, that you cannot tackle any player in the air under any conditions. Would this have saved Tommy ? Who knows. Just cause there's a rule doesn't mean it's followed.

The rule should be changed for player safety, that you cannot tackle any player in the air under any conditions. Would this have saved Tommy ? Who knows. Just cause there's a rule doesn't mean it's followed.

Well common sense says the rule is changed to include all tackles in the air - for player safety. Otherwise they should remove the penalty for all in the air tackles as it isn't there for player welfare. The nrl either recognise in air tackles as dangerous or not. It doesn't make sense if some are deemed dangerous and others are not. Note to nrl - watch the footage of Tom's tackle and explain how that is not dangerous

Whilst we are on this, and I was going to mention it, thought I wouldn't but here it is, ......I doubt I'd attend a Double Header again.

The vitriol and antagonistic attitude to my wife and I as we were leaving, going to Caxton Street for a few quiet drinks with some friends and then going to AND on the train was the worst I've experienced in Brisbane.

Now I understand you might get this at every Souths / Bulldogs game but it's something I've never experienced up here in the 15 years I've been attending games ( SOO is totally different they are off their faces feral then).

The Brisbane fans are usually pretty good at a normal game, we often get some friendly banter but never anything untoward.

Until last Saturday!

And I think it's to do with the long day and night ( of drinking massive amounts of grog).

Caxton Street was packed at lunchtime, so many of them had been drinking heavily for up to 10 hours by the time they left.

Outside the Stadium we were pushed , shoved , spat at, abused , my members cap stolen ( and no doubt destroyed) and my wife ( your typical grey haired Nanna) was quite distraught by the time we reached the safety of our hotel room.

Many of the MWTS people we were having pre game drinks with all said the same thing had happened to them, and most won't return
next year.

I feel the #BronxNation haven't covered themselves in glory as a result.

I don't go to SOO games any longer due to this but it now has transcended into normal games.

Whilst we are on this, and I was going to mention it, thought I wouldn't but here it is, ......I doubt I'd attend a Double Header again.

The vitriol and antagonistic attitude to my wife and I as we were leaving, going to Caxton Street for a few quiet drinks with some friends and then going to AND on the train was the worst I've experienced in Brisbane.

Now I understand you might get this at every Souths / Bulldogs game but it's something I've never experienced up here in the 15 years I've been attending games ( SOO is totally different they are off their faces feral then).

The Brisbane fans are usually pretty good at a normal game, we often get some friendly banter but never anything untoward.

Until last Saturday!

And I think it's to do with the long day and night ( of drinking massive amounts of grog).

Caxton Street was packed at lunchtime, so many of them had been drinking heavily for up to 10 hours by the time they left.

Outside the Stadium we were pushed , shoved , spat at, abused , my members cap stolen ( and no doubt destroyed) and my wife ( your typical grey haired Nanna) was quite distraught by the time we reached the safety of our hotel room.

Many of the MWTS people we were having pre game drinks with all said the same thing had happened to them, and most won't return
next year.

I don't go to SOO games any longer due to this but it now has transcended into normal games.
Sad to hear but I concur that Suncorp is not an enjoyable venue for opposition Fans:shake:

Sorry to hear about your experience MfB. Confirms my suspicions about Brisbane league fans.

When I was younger I went there for a rugby tour and couldn't say a bad word about the people or place. But add the word "league" and its a different story (played a lot of both codes).

You can't say that. There has to be certain situations where tackling a player in the air is allowed. It all depends on whether the player being tackled is either a defending or attacking player. For example, I totally agree that a defending player should never be allowed to be tackled in the air whilst attempting to catch the ball as injury will more than likely result (just like what happened to Tom on Saturday night) but attacking players with the ball in hand are a different kettle of fish and should be tackled at every opportunity, especially when they are diving for the try line to score.

Until last Saturday!

next year.

Nail on the head there, Mark. Caught train in from Auchenflower (obviously not that far) but it was okay. A few married couples with Manly/Bronco spouses, which was all good banter and a few others. But after the game, geez God help me. I think it might have been because we dare give them a scare up here. Never had trouble before, but we've been flogged at the other games I've attended. As a born and bred Qlder, I thank God, Allah, Jehovah, Budda, Ginesh, Satan or whoever the heck that I stuck solid with my beloved Sea Eagles when most others abandoned their teams to jump on the Bronco bus when they joined in '88

Until last Saturday!

next year.

Sorry to hear of the problems that you encountered Mark. We never encountered anything like that when we were leaving. You must have just came across a bunch of tossers.

Nail on the head there, Mark. Caught train in from Auchenflower (obviously not that far) but it was okay. A few married couples with Manly/Bronco spouses, which was all good banter and a few others. But after the game, geez God help me. I think it might have been because we dare give them a scare up here. Never had trouble before, but we've been flogged at the other games I've attended. As a born and bred Qlder, I thank God, Allah, Jehovah, Budda, Ginesh, Satan or whoever the heck that I stuck solid with my beloved Sea Eagles when most others abandoned their teams to jump on the Bronco bus when they joined in '88

We only went to Toowong ( thank goodness ).

Used to live in Taringa, now Redland Bay so we overnighted at a motel.

No drama with most of the fans just the pissed young males.

Yes I think the being behind, and then coming back really stirred them up!!

Last edited:
We only went to Toowong ( thank goodness ).

Used to live in Taringa, now Redland Bay so we overnighted at a motel.

No drama with most of the fans just the pissed young males.

Yes I think the being behind, aBd then coming back really stirred them up!!
Up our end, the Nth end, about 1000 security/coppers piled into a few situations late in the game on the concourse. I blame sooking Storm supporters @;)

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10