Bring Back @Ryan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well there goes my short lived Silvertail life. No what the hell am I going to do?
I'm not sure mate, your well-balanced, humorous and informative posts, were never going to work in here. Surprised you lasted this long, actually. ;)

Last edited:
I guess it's back to Monty Python re-runs for me. :rabbit: Cheers

monty python GIF

Also Bulldogs forwards last week at Brookie.

Last edited:
Let’s hope our results this season don’t require a visit from the Merchant of Doom. The MOD lurked the board sickle in hand picking off posters who had any thread of late season optimism last year. He took many scalps that’s for sure.

Jesus, was I really that bad? Kinda makes me feel awful tbh.

Jesus, was I really that bad? Kinda makes me feel awful tbh.
Haha, na not that bad. The MOD in the end however did serve a worthy cause with some reality checking swings of that sickle.

I actually thought it was a light hearted way to finish off what was a very frustrating season that at times resulted in quite a bit of tension in these boards. Let’s hope the results this year don’t warrant a return from the merchant!

Welcome back @Ryan

@Ryan

MOD was very appropriate for the time, I found it funny and never took anything from it other than it was a light hearted piss take.

But whilst we probably aren’t yet “ back “ ( based on one win ) it’s clear we have a new direction and seemingly the players are all on the same page.

That defensive effort last Saturday ( regardless of the quality of the opposition ) was the best I’ve seen in years , and what a difference that made to the effort of our captain ( who I think has been guilty in trying to do it all , and failing , in recent times ).

Honestly if you are back , that’s great , I hate seeing those that make this place unique not posting any longer due to , at times , malicious exchanges on here , and as many have mentioned the ignore button is your friend.

Don’t bite , just ignore.

And yes maybe leave MOD in the cupboard until the next bad time ( which isn’t a loss or two as those will happen to every side ).

@Ryan

MOD was very appropriate for the time, I found it funny and never took anything from it other than it was a light hearted piss take.

But whilst we probably aren’t yet “ back “ ( based on one win ) it’s clear we have a new direction and seemingly the players are all on the same page.

That defensive effort last Saturday ( regardless of the quality of the opposition ) was the best I’ve seen in years , and what a difference that made to the effort of our captain ( who I think has been guilty in trying to do it all , and failing , in recent times ).

Honestly if you are back , that’s great , I hate seeing those that make this place unique not posting any longer due to , at times , malicious exchanges on here , and as many have mentioned the ignore button is your friend.

Don’t bite , just ignore.

And yes maybe leave MOD in the cupboard until the next bad time ( which isn’t a loss or two as those will happen to every side ).

Well said mate and spot on. I'm at an age where I literally have 0 energy for conflict anymore anyways.

Look at who we've lost, Barb, Margaret, Bob and so many more. Life's too short for petty squabbles.

Well said mate and spot on. I'm at an age where I literally have 0 energy for conflict anymore anyways.

Look at who we've lost, Barb, Margaret, Bob and so many more. Life's too short for petty squabbles.
💯 %

Hey buddy. I'm still around and read. You can ask @Chip and Chase why I don't post here anymore - it was his doing. He knows he did the wrong thing. For transparency, I DID ask Dan & the other sites leaders to remove him as a moderator as well (just being honest) in writing, and they didn't respond (which should absolutely extinguish any of the favoritism theories on the site).
And this is why you are such a confronting member

You have such confidence in your opinion - and don't back away. You can carry on like a self aggrandising tool, and also give real insights

Never though do you back down - if you are getting too old, as you say. Maybe learn to humbly reflect and back down

We have rarely met eye to eye, but I hope you stay on and can be a member that continues to challenge and has the ability to humbly reflect

Last edited:
And this is why you are such a confronting member

You have such confidence in your opinion - and don't back away. You can carry on like a self aggrandising tool, and also give real insights

Never though do you back down - if you are getting too old, as you say. Maybe learn to humbly reflect and back down

We have rarely met eye to eye, but I hope you stay on and can be a member that continues to challenge and has the ability to humbly reflect

Self aggrandising tool is my middle name, mate - thanks for your insight and feedback about me though ! I'll be sure and reflect, then humbly back down to your opinions in future - I promise.

Have a good evening.

Self aggrandising tool is my middle name, mate - thanks for your insight and feedback about me though ! I'll be sure and reflect, then humbly back down to your opinions in future - I promise.

Have a good evening.
I'm at an age where I literally have 0 energy for conflict anymore anyways.

I went to the funeral today of a life long Manly fan from Junee who died suddenly last week.

He was there at the 73 76 78 and 87 Grand Final wins, watched every game every week and loved the Sea Eagles dearly.

RIP Pat Foley I will miss our frequent chats that were nearly always about how Manly was travelling.

Hey buddy. I'm still around and read. You can ask @Chip and Chase why I don't post here anymore - it was his doing. He knows he did the wrong thing. For transparency, I DID ask Dan & the other sites leaders to remove him as a moderator as well (just being honest) in writing, and they didn't respond (which should absolutely extinguish any of the favoritism theories on the site).

I do appreciate you asking about me though :)

Regarding the team: I'm pumped about the new coaching staff. You can see an uptick in harmony, togetherness, culture and attitude immediately. I mean, the only way was up from Des and staff anyways, right? I'd be over the moon if The Drag-queens employed that old fossil - would just make them that much easier to beat.

My opinion on the team / top 30. Absolutely cracking first game, where we split them in half defensively & aggressively. That said, I DO think we need to land a marquee signing or two. Send a shot across the bow of the rest of the league that we are still alive and breathing. We are riding high on effort and emotion at the moment, and question is, how long will that continue, especially after we face adversity? On paper, I'm not liking our squad (in comparison to the others). Depth in the forwards is my concern (that, and riding Croker who is all character, heart and work effort). I would honestly remove my left nut, hand it to Paul Kent to mash and use as paste on his Jatz in order to get a Hooker like Harry Grant - haha.

The real test will be when we play a team like Penrith, Parramatta, Roosters, Rabbits, Storm or Sharks for example. The past 3 years we've gone to water. 1 win in three years against top 4 (place finished at end of season). 2 wins against top 8 teams last season - not bloody good enough - and our roster hasn't really changed. I don't think that's a coincidence that it coincides with us not beating the best teams.

Also, please football gods, for ONE year, let us remain relatively injury free. I hope Siebs sticks with winning formulas, and rewards performance. Why does Schuster just "get his spot back"? His inconsistency health wise does NOT help with chemistry and combinations.

Lastly, I hope we re-sign Olakau'atu, Koula, Fifita and Weekes. Great kids, keep the vultures away - we'd have heaps of cap space in the coming years, let's use them wisely. I do think Crushers and Fulton's efforts recruitment wise over the past few years have been appalling. Forget depth now, we need quality to go to the next levels.

Front office (and I know I'll be lambasted for this - ownership) have recently been outstanding - great decisions and initiatives - honestly. Same goes for Cuzzo in media - second to none in the past 12 months - and markedly improved.

Anyways, hope everyone is well. Think I covered everything haha
Great to hear from you! Got to get @byso to make a post as well, particularly with us playing Parra next few weeks and his wife is a Parra fan. Could all have some fun with that.

Have a good evening.
I call bull**** on the self-aggrandising tool description of @Ryan Yes, he clearly wears his MWSE heart on his sleeve but he has also demonstrated a lot of empathy for all sorts of characters on this site. In many cases posters that don't necessarily either agree with him or don't have much time for his views. Ryan has always been a great contributor to this site, and I look forward to hearing a lot more of his insights in the future. Also hoping that Red Pill decides to come back to active posting, instead of his current state of regular lurking.

[/HEADING]
[HEADING=3]Red Pill

Enthusiastic Amateur
Joined Jul 13, 2013
Last seen Yesterday at 6:09 AM
Messages1,742
Reaction score2,655
Points273

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6