Brett's pace.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Napper

Bencher
Well i'll be ****ed.. Out of the depths of 2 knee recos and nearly two years out. Now with a full season and another Premiership under his belt.

He is flying again.

I havn't seen him accelerate like that since 2008.

Good things are to come!!

Yep he's back. How good was it when he put the pedal down on the left hand side and nearly burst through the gap. Scary acceleration. Just hope the knees hold up for him .

He seemed to run harder tonight. Looks a tougher player as well. Essential that we have him on deck if we're gonna go B2B. Seems to have his pace back too.

It was great to see him burn players off. he would have slid over the line for a try if he held onto the ball instead of passing to Taufua.

great game by Stewie! I also noticed he was hitting the ball back from kicks much harder and looked to hit gaps! Hopefully, he keeps playing like this and feeling stronger every week about the knee.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Brett tonite stamped himself as a definate SOO chance now

No No No!!!

Don't want him to play Origin. Couldnt give a toss about Origin only worried bout Manly goin B2B and to do that we need a fresh,injury free Snake.

Yeah his pace was great but I was more impressed with his organization of our defense and the try saving tackles on a runaway Morris and a rampaging Kasiano 1 meter from the line. Those are the 1% plays that change a loss into a win. He is the best fulback NSW have.

Napper said:
Well i'll be f***ed.. Out of the depths of 2 knee recos and nearly two years out. Now with a full season and another Premiership under his belt.

He is flying again.

I havn't seen him accelerate like that since 2008.

Good things are to come!!

Not sure whether he has had any knee reconstruction work done, I think his injuries were more cartilage related, it's a case of bone on bone so it will only get worse with time, rumour is that he doesn't even do the Thursday training session.
This is the same injury that forced the early retirement of Shaun Timmins, Matt Bowen had a similar injury but he underwent groundbreaking catilage regeneration treatment, this involved him taking nearly two years out of the game.
For Brett it's now a case of managing his injury and training and perhaps lasting a few more years

Funny thing about Snake's speed is he accelerates like a cut cat, but then kinda "relaxes" into a full speed gallop and seemingly picks up a yard or two as well. Frikken AMAZING!

The miss on Baba might be our salvation. Hopefully he won't be picked for NSW on that error, and will run out for us in the real comp. He went really well last night and was a joy to watch telling players where to go in D. Something we have missed in the past couple of matches.

Yes the Snake is getting back to his best form only thing that looked better was my step that set up the try for Matai. Just put a number 1 on my back I'm ready.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4