Brett's driving ban over-turned

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lismore_fan

Bencher
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/news/nsw/manly-sea-eagles-star-scores-as-judge-rules-in-his-favour-over-dui-conviction/story-fni0cx12-1227019056413

Driving the next day after a bender can be dangerous to your health.

Not a big deal (and maybe a bit harder for a diabetic to process and eliminate a few beers) but I'm not sure this sends the right message...

Status and money shouldn't differentiate anyone (including Brett) from the letter of the law.

While wiping a conviction from a record is desirable, 3 months non-driving and $400 isn't really that bad.

(To engage a silk and occupy court-time).

Same thing happened to Willie (Mason) and I'm sure to many unlucky folk, to still be slightly over the next day.

Maybe Snake should've copped it sweet, but he didn't want a conviction on record, and fair enough.

It clearly didn't distract him from his footy-duties Friday night either.

I'm diabetic, I know when I shouldn't be driving. Poor decision by Brett and he's paying the price. There's no excuse for putting peoples lives in danger.

fLIP said:
I'm diabetic, I know when I shouldn't be driving. Poor decision by Brett and he's paying the price. There's no excuse for putting peoples lives in danger.

To the letter of the law he was in the wrong , yes.

I wouldn't go as far as saying he intentionally put lives at risk.

An honest mistake, or miscalculation the next day (and a very low-range reading) is not as culpable as you see it, for mine.

Anyone who has a couple of drinks the night before and drives the next day takes this risk.
It would be embarrassing to be charged this way as the driver is not necessarily drunk or even impeded.
Please do not mistake this post as defending drink driving.
I just wish there was a way for people to find out their own personal drinking limit and BAC for driving on the night and then the morning after.
You can buy machines on the internet but they do not give correct readings.
I rarely have more than a couple a week and I reckon my personal limit would be around 1.5 beers but the driving the next day bit freaks me out.
As for Brett, I hope he doesn't make this error of judgement again.
We need him in the papers for the good reasons and there's plenty of them.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2