• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Champion player, freak of nature but looking very timid. Doesnt look like he is coming back from a hamstring or a chipped bone. Really looked to be avoiding contact of any kind, at all costs. Not his fault the loss

One wonders if the endless injuries are playing on his mind and he is playing to avoid injury

And it wasnt just last night , he has been that way for a while but last night was very obvious. He has to get on top of it or playing half hearted will get him hurt

Im not saying he isnt skilled, what he is worth , whatever. He just looked gun shy and he will be targeted for it

jbb/james said:
Champion player, freak of nature but looking very timid. Doesnt look like he is coming back from a hamstring or a chipped bone. Really looked to be avoiding contact of any kind, at all costs. Not his fault the loss

One wonders if the endless injuries are playing on his mind and he is playing to avoid injury

And it wasnt just last night , he has been that way for a while but last night was very obvious. He has to get on top of it or playing half hearted will get him hurt

Im not saying he isnt skilled, what he is worth , whatever. He just looked gun shy and he will be targeted for it
Yeah solid under the high ball, but thats it......

jbb/james said:

Yes but at least he was trying things.

2nd Half : He tried to slice down the middle running fast and would have scored if he'd cracked that tackle.
He tried a nice chip over the top towards the end. He should keep that up. He'll get his confidence back, just needs to satisfy his needs: ie Score a try or two, and he'll be full of running of the right kind.

I thought he was terrific and courageous in defence. Took every bomb, diffused every grubber.
He also ran the ball back at speed.
Frankly, I thought he was one of our best last night.

No complaints from me on his performance last night. He is in the midst of the longest dry spell in his try scoring career but I don't believe the blame for that lies directly at his feet.

His comeback was one of the better things to come out of last night; I thought he did well. Surprisingly well.

It was his first game back and was one of our best, our backs are not the problem, its our lack of go forward, we looked great at the start of the year with Joe G, Fa'oso, Kite and Lawrence all playing well.

I thought Brett was a solid perforner last night, safe under the high ball and cleaned up grubbers, was a whisker away from scoring our first try and did some good things with the ball, its gonna take a week or 2 after such a long lay off, he will be fine.

Don't be bloody ridiculous. Brilliant return from a quality player who'd been out seemingly forever. Give me another 16 with the same heart and quality (different skills and sizes maybe) and I'd be very happy.

He looked like a bloke who had just spent a couple of months on the sideline through injury. Expect now that he has got through a game he can go back to NSW cup.

He did drop one bomb, but I thought we should have been given the penalty for illegal contact by Roosters before the ball got to him.

The first try we scored showed you what we have been missing with out him. It was a trade mark manly try.

torana355 said:
It was his first game back and was one of our best, our backs are not the problem, its our lack of go forward, we looked great at the start of the year with Joe G, Fa'oso, Kite and Lawrence all playing well.

+1 I think it's only now that it is really truly sinking in with some of us what a loss Joe was. Straight, hard, bent the line on every carry.

Bigswifty when we bought Joe G I thought, 'wtf is recruitment thinking??? Recruiting hasbeens'

After a couple of games I took myself into my own bathroom and smacked myself around for 10mins. What a buy he has been for us. Apparently on next to nothing salary wise, and just 10m, 10m, tackle tackle....and no bs.

In terms of value for money he has been one of the best signings Manly has made in recent years.

Killer, if your going to throw yourself around the room, you might want to consider it be a room with soft furnishings rather than hard porcelain & tiles. Maybe a bit of mood lighting too.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4