Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Brett

jbb/james

Champion player, freak of nature but looking very timid. Doesnt look like he is coming back from a hamstring or a chipped bone. Really looked to be avoiding contact of any kind, at all costs. Not his fault the loss

One wonders if the endless injuries are playing on his mind and he is playing to avoid injury

And it wasnt just last night , he has been that way for a while but last night was very obvious. He has to get on top of it or playing half hearted will get him hurt

Im not saying he isnt skilled, what he is worth , whatever. He just looked gun shy and he will be targeted for it

c eagle

jbb/james said:
Champion player, freak of nature but looking very timid. Doesnt look like he is coming back from a hamstring or a chipped bone. Really looked to be avoiding contact of any kind, at all costs. Not his fault the loss

One wonders if the endless injuries are playing on his mind and he is playing to avoid injury

And it wasnt just last night , he has been that way for a while but last night was very obvious. He has to get on top of it or playing half hearted will get him hurt

Im not saying he isnt skilled, what he is worth , whatever. He just looked gun shy and he will be targeted for it
Yeah solid under the high ball, but thats it......

EagleFromMay1967

Sky Punching : send them High as the Clouds
jbb/james said:

Yes but at least he was trying things.

2nd Half : He tried to slice down the middle running fast and would have scored if he'd cracked that tackle.
He tried a nice chip over the top towards the end. He should keep that up. He'll get his confidence back, just needs to satisfy his needs: ie Score a try or two, and he'll be full of running of the right kind.

The Who

Premium Member
I thought he was terrific and courageous in defence. Took every bomb, diffused every grubber.
He also ran the ball back at speed.
Frankly, I thought he was one of our best last night.

Masked Eagle

No complaints from me on his performance last night. He is in the midst of the longest dry spell in his try scoring career but I don't believe the blame for that lies directly at his feet.

COMMANDER

IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL
His comeback was one of the better things to come out of last night; I thought he did well. Surprisingly well.

torana355

Premium Member
It was his first game back and was one of our best, our backs are not the problem, its our lack of go forward, we looked great at the start of the year with Joe G, Fa'oso, Kite and Lawrence all playing well.

sheridanstand78

I thought Brett was a solid perforner last night, safe under the high ball and cleaned up grubbers, was a whisker away from scoring our first try and did some good things with the ball, its gonna take a week or 2 after such a long lay off, he will be fine.

Budgewoi Eagle

In for the long haul.
Premium Member
2016 Tipping Competitor
Don't be bloody ridiculous. Brilliant return from a quality player who'd been out seemingly forever. Give me another 16 with the same heart and quality (different skills and sizes maybe) and I'd be very happy.

Fluffy

He looked like a bloke who had just spent a couple of months on the sideline through injury. Expect now that he has got through a game he can go back to NSW cup.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Super Coach Member
He did drop one bomb, but I thought we should have been given the penalty for illegal contact by Roosters before the ball got to him.

CAMBO

The first try we scored showed you what we have been missing with out him. It was a trade mark manly try.

bigswifty

torana355 said:
It was his first game back and was one of our best, our backs are not the problem, its our lack of go forward, we looked great at the start of the year with Joe G, Fa'oso, Kite and Lawrence all playing well.
+1 I think it's only now that it is really truly sinking in with some of us what a loss Joe was. Straight, hard, bent the line on every carry.

Killer03

Bigswifty when we bought Joe G I thought, 'wtf is recruitment thinking??? Recruiting hasbeens'

After a couple of games I took myself into my own bathroom and smacked myself around for 10mins. What a buy he has been for us. Apparently on next to nothing salary wise, and just 10m, 10m, tackle tackle....and no bs.

In terms of value for money he has been one of the best signings Manly has made in recent years.

Jatz Crackers

Staff member
Killer, if your going to throw yourself around the room, you might want to consider it be a room with soft furnishings rather than hard porcelain & tiles. Maybe a bit of mood lighting too.

2020 Ladder

Team P W D L PD Pts
1 Panthers 20 18 1 1 299 37
2 Storm 20 16 0 4 258 32
3 Eels 20 15 0 5 104 30
4 Roosters 20 14 0 6 230 28
5 Raiders 20 14 0 6 128 28
6 Rabbitohs 20 12 0 8 169 24
7 Knights 20 11 1 8 47 23
8 Sharks 20 10 0 10 0 20
9 Titans 20 9 0 11 -117 18
10 Warriors 20 8 0 12 -115 16