Brett Stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Pffft, he should just man up, duct tape the injuries and get out there and run!

Why back in my day only rich people had hamstrings! I had to work 14 hours a day just to get legs!

bones said:
bennyeagle said:
Defend him all you want, he's still injured as much as he plays these days, i dont doubt his ability or what he brings to our team, i just believe he's getting older and there may come a time in the near future where brett will need to consider whats best for his body !

Do you have inside info? What makes you believe Brett Stewart is getting older?

He is definitely getting older. There is a rumour getting around that he had a birthday in February and plans on having one next February as well. If he keeps this up he will be 30 in 2015. Imagine him playing football as a 30 year old. Has anyone ever played football at that old age?

globaleagle said:

Why back in my day only rich people had hamstrings! I had to work 14 hours a day just to get legs!

Legs!!?!! Legs !!!?!!

Why, I had to work 25 hours each day (no lunch break) just to have these 4 stumps.

So stop ya whingin limbsy boy......sheeeeeesh !!

Jatz Crackers said:
globaleagle said:

Legs!!?!! Legs !!!?!!

Why, I had to work 25 hours each day (no lunch break) just to have these 4 stumps.

So stop ya whingin limbsy boy......sheeeeeesh !!

Woah, look here at Mister Fancy Stumps. Lording his stumps around like some kind of stumps god!

Real players do fine just rolling around with nothing but a torso. I remember back in the good old days when Grant Wooden pioneered the technique. They just don't make em like that anymore.

globaleagle said:

Legs ? Mate the only person on this earth that has legs is Jennifer Hawkins.

globaleagle said:

Legs ? Mate the only person on this earth that has legs is Jennifer Hawkins.

She's got legs, she knows how to use them.
She never begs, she knows how to choose them.
She's holdin' leg wonderin' how to feel them.
Would you get behind them if you could only find them?
She's my baby, she's my baby,
Yeah, it's alright.

Simple fact: Manly with Brett Stewart on the field are a massive chance of winning another Grand Final in 2013. Without him it will be a almost impossible.

Dan79 said:
bones said:
bennyeagle said:
Defend him all you want, he's still injured as much as he plays these days, i dont doubt his ability or what he brings to our team, i just believe he's getting older and there may come a time in the near future where brett will need to consider whats best for his body !

Do you have inside info? What makes you believe Brett Stewart is getting older?

He is definitely getting older. There is a rumour getting around that he had a birthday in February and plans on having one next February as well. If he keeps this up he will be 30 in 2015. Imagine him playing football as a 30 year old. Has anyone ever played football at that old age?

Actually age is only a minor factor in this. There are plenty of players over the years who have retired well before 30 due to persistent injury problems and plenty who have played until late 30's and beyond (See the Great Beaver).

I'm not suggesting the Snake is there yet, but this whole age thing is spurious. I do however suspect that he is one major injury closer to retirement than the vast majority of NRL players.

bob dylan said:
Simple fact: Manly with Brett Stewart on the field are a massive chance of winning another Grand Final in 2013. Without him it will be a almost impossible.

Agree completely

bennyeagle said:

I love Brett as much as all of you, i just dont see him getting over these injuries anytime soon. Would gladly be proven wrong by the man himself.......which i genuinely would love to see !

Yep, it is only Manly fans that think signing him for four years for so much money was a wise move. I have yet to speak to a supporter of a rival club that would have taken him, at this price and for so long. For all the posters and their vitriol against anybody that dares raise this point, it is not them dipping into their pockets, is it? I hope Brett Stewart proves me wrong. I love the Snake, but I am not as sure as some of you that he will back playing enough to justify his pay cheque. Let history be the judge...

Anthony Minichiello circa 2006 - 2010 was written off by most and staring down the barrel of being yesterday's man with ankle and back injuries. He's played consistently well since - still Origin material.

Don't right off the Snake!

bob dylan said:

That is a bit insulting to Hiku who is doing a very good job and gets better every game.

Maybe Hiku will be better than Brett by October 2013?

Moops said:
bennyeagle said:

I love Brett as much as all of you, i just dont see him getting over these injuries anytime soon. Would gladly be proven wrong by the man himself.......which i genuinely would love to see !

Yep, it is only Manly fans that think signing him for four years for so much money was a wise move. I have yet to speak to a supporter of a rival club that would have taken him, at this price and for so long. For all the posters and their vitriol against anybody that dares raise this point, it is not them dipping into their pockets, is it? I hope Brett Stewart proves me wrong. I love the Snake, but I am not as sure as some of you that he will back playing enough to justify his pay cheque. Let history be the judge...

You mentioned the people dipping into their pockets Moops, well they thought he was well worth 4 years so took that option

Recent history is good enough for me

2008, full season, Premiers
2009, hardly played, 5th and disappear week 1
2010, hardly played, limped into 8th as cannon fodder
2011, close to full season, Premiers
2012, close to full season, top 4

This year, everybody had us with the favourites while he was playing, since he has been injured we have slipped back to the field

You could argue that recent history also suggest injury will be a concern, but I'll stick with the signing him up when you look at the impact on the side when he is there, risk easily worth taking

CAMBO said:
Reports by AAP are saying Brett will play Monday :)

Link please ?

What a chequered footy careeer, (and life) Brett Stewart has had eh?. Full of dramatic swings.

Some say 'those who burn that brightly, burn out quickly'.
Brett has been responsible for some of the most spectacular, stylish and unlikely tries ever scored for the Manly RL club. And a large number of them . . . 128 and counting.

Many of them have relied on a fair dash of pace, a few upon 'extreme pace' but the majority have relied upon, anticipation, a great pass, support play or a piece of deception displaying a natural instinct for attack. Even if not running at full 2008 speed, the other qualities will stay with him for his whole time in the NRL. And he will be a one club man. He will rise to top form in the latter part of the year and MWSE will be a decent title chance because of it.

Even if he shocked the world and announced his retirement tomorrow, i would still feel lucky & privileged to have seen his whole NRL career, and nearly every appearance, (either live or on TV).
I honestly cannot remember a Manly decade like it since '66-76 Bob Fulton.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6