Brett Stewart

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Poola

Reserve Grader
What happened? I thought he was back this week vs Roosters. Is he worst shape than what we are told? If it is then I think it is bad form by the club as I would like to think that we are appreciated and that the truth is best.

Anyway Go Manly

bennyeagle said:
As many hate to admit it he's getting on ! I would be giving him the 4 years he wants, he won't last !

I hate to admit that a younger player would have easily recovered from a bone chip injury so much faster.........
That is sarcasm by the way. He chipped a bone through a freak accident. Age doesn't affect the recovery time unless he was 60.

If it was a knee or hamstring injury maybe age would play a difference. Brave man writing off the snake. Hope he plays another 4 years

Manly were hopeful of fullback Brett Stewart returning from injury, but the tryscoring freak wasn't named in Toovey's 17-man line-up on Tuesday.

"Potentially he will be," Toovey said.

"He's not back in full training yet. He's still got a few clearance things to do. Hopefully later in the week he'll have a run and see how it is.

"There's also a couple of other blokes with bumps and bruises. Hopefully they'll be alright."

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-06-03/stewart-stays-sidelined-with-back-injury/4729706

Who knows
" Stewart suffered a bone chip in his back during an innocuous collision playing against St George Illawarra last month.

Toovey said the nature of the injury meant it was impossible to speed up the recovery process."

Dan79 said:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-06-03/stewart-stays-sidelined-with-back-injury/4729706

Who knows
" Stewart suffered a bone chip in his back during an innocuous collision playing against St George Illawarra last month.

Toovey said the nature of the injury meant it was impossible to speed up the recovery process."

On the footy show last week he had an interview with Erin Molan and he said something about his hamstring not being right

Where is the calves blood when you god damned nees it. Someone send an email to danks

Gazelle blood might help him with the high ball and the open field too!

Give him anything to get back on the field. I hope he comes back on Monday. Would be a huge boost for the team.

Defend him all you want, he's still injured as much as he plays these days, i dont doubt his ability or what he brings to our team, i just believe he's getting older and there may come a time in the near future where brett will need to consider whats best for his body !

I love Brett as much as all of you, i just dont see him getting over these injuries anytime soon. Would gladly be proven wrong by the man himself.......which i genuinely would love to see !

I obviously love Snake. Look at my picture - but as we all know, he will never return to 2008 and earlier speeds. The day he retires I'll be devastated but I think it's gonna be much sooner than later.

The Eagle Has Landed said:
Dan79 said:

Who knows

On the footy show last week he had an interview with Erin Molan and he said something about his hamstring not being right

He referred to his "dodgy hamstring" during this interview. He tore his hamstring in July last year against Parramatta at Brookvale and he's been limping noticeably in backplay during most matches this year. Hopefully the hamstring problem has not become chronic . Toovey has always been transparent with players' injuries, unlike Hasler who usually kept fans in the dark regarding the nature of players' injuries and likely return dates from injury because it's in his interests to keep the opposition guessing.

bennyeagle said:
Defend him all you want, he's still injured as much as he plays these days, i dont doubt his ability or what he brings to our team, i just believe he's getting older and there may come a time in the near future where brett will need to consider whats best for his body !

I love Brett as much as all of you, i just dont see him getting over these injuries anytime soon. Would gladly be proven wrong by the man himself.......which i genuinely would love to see !

This is the real point here. Brett is on big money and playing half the games, which in effect makes his price double.

Notwithstanding that, The Stewart Brothers have earned the right to decide for themselves when it's time to hang up the boots. I just hope they don't linger a season too long as many have done in the past. I would hate for Snakes career to end the way Joe's did.

There were rumours he was gone for the year, but I havent heard anything like that for a couple of weeks.

Fingers crossed.

Jimmy Smith mentioned on BSB this morning that he'd be playing Monday, but I would certainly not be taking that as gospel.

bennyeagle said:

Do you have inside info? What makes you believe Brett Stewart is getting older?

BOZO said:
Brett Stewart is a Champion and Champion players always bounce back. There is still plenty of lethal venom in the Snake

Too right Bozo. People were saying he was finished in 2010, and yet he came back to play a huge part in another Premiership. He will do the same again before he retires.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4