Brett Stewart to Re-Sign

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ralphie

Bencher
Premium Member
I have no inside knowledge here, but let's put the puzzle together.

IN FAVOUR
1. The only other NRL team right now that may be interested in Brett is the Chooks, but they have Mini & have stated they are pursuing a youth policy.
2. Glenn is here for another 2 years and they only ever wanted to play for the same club.
3. Foran stated that the deciding factor in his decision to stay was that he was staying because he wanted to play with his mates Brett & Glenn Stewart, DCE, Choc etc etc. Surely he would have asked what their intentions were?
4. Brett's "Be Manly, don't be a Dog" statement says to me he is staying.

AGAINST
1. I've got nothin!!!

I honestly think they all want to stay, but unless they take some paycuts we have to lose a few. I think we need to keep Snake, even above trex, as we clearly struggle when he does not play, that try saving tackle on Kasiano says it all.

EagleRock40 said:
Brett Stewart will re-sign with Manly on a 2 year deal early next week, along with Keiran Foran. 2 current players have been told they are free to look for better deals elsewhere, if this plays out then expect Trex to sign another deal with the Premiers as well.

My source's timing may be completely off the mark, but I have no doubt Brett and T-Rex will stay. We will lose some, but I dont think it will be these 2.

torana355 said:
bones said:
Against: Rambofan's watertight spot on 100% guaranteed correct inside info.

lol, i can't wait till his ban expires so we can give it to him.

I'm counting the days. Call me a tard when you are so wrong and you'll cop a spray.

EagleRock40 said:
EagleRock40 said:
Brett Stewart will re-sign with Manly on a 2 year deal early next week, along with Keiran Foran. 2 current players have been told they are free to look for better deals elsewhere, if this plays out then expect Trex to sign another deal with the Premiers as well.

My source's timing may be completely off the mark, but I have no doubt Brett and T-Rex will stay. We will lose some, but I dont think it will be these 2.

Matai and Ballin?

T-rex has signed with parramatta. This has come from a 1st Grade player in parramatta, they are good mates and i know them both well

torana355 said:
EagleRock40 said:
EagleRock40 said:

Matai and Ballin?

It's certainly starting to look that way, but we'll be lucky to hold on to T-Rex with the big offers being bandied around.

Also wouldn't be surprised if they do let Ballin go, they don't groom Liam Foran for his spot....might not be ideal but it would save us money and that's going to be the name of the game from here on in.

slickster71 said:
T-rex has signed with parramatta. This has come from a 1st Grade player in parramatta, they are good mates and i know them both well

You were certainly on the mark with your recent post that foran was going to the dogs on $700k pa and t-rex will stay

http://forums.silvertails.net/Thread-3-BIG-NAMES-TO-MOVE-ON?pid=388790#pid388790

He isn't going to Parra as it is between ourselves and the dogs

slickster71 said:

Let me tell you NO one is going to believe you, everytime someone has "inside info" it's been dead wrong lmao.

torana355 said:
EagleRock40 said:
EagleRock40 said:

Matai and Ballin?

I'm thinking Lussick, Kite and 1 other.

slickster71 said:

Parra just got hit with a 80K salary cap breach.

Said on the footy show that their salary cap will be reduced by that 80k next season.

i know hindy is retiring, but i have a large question mark over the eels finances.

T Rex has a contract for next year but does have an option in his favor to have the second year re-negotiated if he thinks he is entitled to an upgrade. In this situation, are other clubs allowed to be making offers to him?

EagleRock40 said:
torana355 said:
EagleRock40 said:
EagleRock40 said:

Matai and Ballin?

I'm thinking Lussick, Kite and 1 other.

I wonder how cheap we would get Shackleton.

I told you that Foran was very happy about 2 weeks ago from someone quite big in the club and around the players alot. Also, I wrote that the boys are loving the life at Manly and want to stay. Did hear that Riccardi was very unhappy when they started Liam and I'd say now unless he retrains at hooker he will be leaving.

the other thing is where is Brett going to go? Slater, Coote, Hoffman, Inglis, Boyd, Dugan, Morris, Barba, Hayne, Bowen, Gardner.
Not alot of choice unless Roosters who must be on salary cap limit or Tigers who cut players this year?? Surely UK is too early for him?

Parra can't pay 500 for Trex. Sandow Trex haynes and hopa all on massive money in 2014 I doubt it.

Darren said:
I told you that Foran was very happy about 2 weeks ago from someone quite big in the club and around the players alot. Also, I wrote that the boys are loving the life at Manly and want to stay. Did hear that Riccardi was very unhappy when they started Liam and I'd say now unless he retrains at hooker he will be leaving.

We may lose Ballin with Liam to be hooker next year. This would open up a spot for Riccardi as a back up 5/8/half. If he is good enough he will get a spot in the team.

bones said:
T Rex has a contract for next year but does have an option in his favor to have the second year re-negotiated if he thinks he is entitled to an upgrade. In this situation, are other clubs allowed to be making offers to him?

Bones your dead wright, T Rex has a option for upgrade not a release as was Kierins, I know everyone is going to start with the will he won't he, lets remember he is contracted till the end of next year, also Tony has brought a house on the North Beaches and he also said (his words) he has found a home and family with the Manly Boys. IMO he is not going anywhere;)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7