Brett Stewart, speed

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Killer03

Bencher
Don't want to get ahead of ourselves, but Brett Stewarts pace and acceleration today seemed to be vastly improved, in fact he looked like he did in the first half against the Storm in Rd 1. Even the fox commentators were remarking on his pace being back and I thought he really looked sharp.

The fact both Killer and Foz were looking for him on those little kicks inside to me shows his acceleration is back and he's not nursing his hammy like in some games.

Fingers crossed!

Killer03 said:
Don't want to get ahead of ourselves, but Brett Stewarts pace and acceleration today seemed to be vastly improved, in fact he looked like he did in the first half against the Storm in Rd 1. Even the fox commentators were remarking on his pace being back and I thought he really looked sharp.

The fact both Killer and Foz were looking for him on those little kicks inside to me shows his acceleration is back and he's not nursing his hammy like in some games.

Fingers crossed!

Agree, but happy for him to nurse it until GF day

The last few games snakes speed has been vastly improving. Its great to see snake get back to his best.

I've always said he's the difference between being a top 4 team and taking that next step to winning a Grand Final. Tonight the commentators kept saying how Nathan Gardner doesn't link with his outside backs and wont pass. We certainly don't have that issue with Snake. His linking with Skivvy or Killer is 1st class.

So quick that he even surprised himself. Passing at top speed is very difficult and a few of his passes were a little off tonight. Good to get a practice drill in tonight because I'm sure those passes will be spot on later in the year.

the mauler said:
His defence was incredible tonight.

Yep a couple of one on ones on Gallen. He always seems to be in the right spot to at least give himself a chance of stopping tries. Happens too often to be a fluke, his defensive vision and positional play is the best in the business I reckon.

Kimmorley must've used all his credits getting the post match interview. Snakes hatred of the media was palatable (and rightly so.) in question time. Such a shame.:(

One thing I saw tonight that I wish we saw more of from Snake was he was actually running to the line before passing rather than just playing catch and pass. To me that's a sign that he's pretty much over his injuries and his confidence is back. And once in the second half he spotted half a gap and was almost through before Ayshford got him.

Sometimes Snake has been guilty of protecting his hammies in games (which also points to him playing injured a lot), but there was no evidence of that tonight, nor was there 2 weeks ago against the Scumdogs on a surface where someone with his history of leg injuries could have been forgiven for holding back a bit.

Its his reading of the play ,that makes him look faster than he is .His current play is almost clairvoyant...

Agree with all. Welcome back Snake of old and please stay. He's not only backing up to make things happen, he's calling the plays. Last week he told Foz to put up those kicks and Jamie said the same last night.
Maybe his stint as captain has given his on-field leadership a boost.
Go the Snake!

It's just nice to see him not being tentative with his running.

I cannot wait for Glenn to return. Our left side attack was extremely potent last night with Brett out there (albeit a few dropped balls and slightly wayward passes), however I feel our right hand attack is much stronger with Glenn in the side. Having both sides of our attack firing leading into the finals will keep the better teams guessing, and provide us more option.

Hopefully we can avoid any further injuries and suspensions and I think we are in a great position at this time of the season.

Yep I like many others have felt he has been playing within himself for many years - I can hardly remember the last time he ran like he did on Saturday night....probably for a short period in 2011....long may it continue. The difference it made was dramatic. Bravo snake.

He was so quick getting to Killer's chip when they combined to put T-Red in I thought he'd illegally teleported himself into position... Rewound it twice just to be sure lol!!

We look very dangerous with Snake chiming into the back line now, his speed and uncanny ability to read the defense is going to give our opponents nightmares if his firm and hammy's hold up... I've got everything crossed!!

Don't think Brett would like to be referred to as merely "FIRM" and yes we reiterate, The Indian & EagleHasLanded DID say "within" ! :)

EagleFromMay1967 said:
Don't think Brett would like to be referred to as merely "FIRM" and yes we reiterate, The EagleHasLanded DID say "within" ! :)

Ha autocorrect FTW!! :)

I'll leave it as is lol

Makes a massive difference to this team when he is fit and firing. Dare say he's the difference between a great team and an immortal team. Premiership no. 3 will make this group immortals. All we need is the injury gods to be kind once Choc and Gift are back.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4